Logres

My Receipt Number is not found on USCIS website....

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just wondered if anyone knows the lag times for the USCIS systems...... I received my I-485 and I-765 NOAs, both including recepit numbers formatted MSC-nn-nnn-nnnnn. The notice date was 18-July-2007 and yet when I check today (26-July-2007) the system still not does not recognise either number. I have entered the receipt number in MSCnnnnnnnnnn formats. Any ideas on next steps? Thanks, Ed.

"One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only interests."

John Stuart Mill

Just wondered if anyone knows the lag times for the USCIS systems...... I received my I-485 and I-765 NOAs, both including recepit numbers formatted MSC-nn-nnn-nnnnn. The notice date was 18-July-2007 and yet when I check today (26-July-2007) the system still not does not recognise either number. I have entered the receipt number in MSCnnnnnnnnnn formats. Any ideas on next steps? Thanks, Ed.

Just literally minutes after I posted this, the biometrics appointment letter dropped through the front-door. Good news, but I'd still feel better if I could follow the case on-line...... any ideas?

John Stuart Mill

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

You're not the only one experiencing this. USCIS gave me a receipt number too. Which turned out to belong to someone else and since then I've been getting their mail from USCIS!!!

Dec 19, 2006 - Married at the city hall in Denmark

Jan 05, 2007 - Filed I-130 at the US embassy in Copenhagen (Approved)

Jan 30, 2007 - Received e-mail from embassy, I-130 has to be re-approved in London, we both need to file G-325A

Jan 31, 2007 - G-325A sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 15, 2007 - OP-169, DS 230 I & II, I-864 sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 27, 2007 - US embassy Copenhagen, I-130 re-approved and back

Mar 03, 2007 - Receive packet 4 - interview date April 12th

Mar 06, 2007 - Call from embassy - interview date is now on March 8th

Mar 08, 2007 - Interview at embassy - Visa approved IF medical report is all clear

Mar 14, 2007 - Medical exam

Apr 07, 2007 - Visa packet received

Apr 17, 2007 - POE Newark Intl. Airport

Apr 23, 2007 - USCIS refuse to change my mailing address

May 07, 2007 - Re-file for SSN

May 10, 2007 - USCIS receive visa packet from Newark

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

May 19, 2007 - Receive SS card

Jul 10, 2007 - Receive letter from TSC: greencard returned by post office - will re-send (duh!!!)

Sep 17, 2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

Feb 01, 2008 - Gets NC License - DMV will only issues it until Apr 17 08 (expiration date on entry visa in passport) since greencard not in hand

Mar 06, 2008 - After 10 months and some change GC FINALLY in hand!!

Apr 17 - Present: USCIS has managed to switch my case # with some else, send my greencard to the wrong address and had to make 3 - yes 3 - service requests on sending out my card

You're not the only one experiencing this. USCIS gave me a receipt number too. Which turned out to belong to someone else and since then I've been getting their mail from USCIS!!!

Oh. My! :angry: They have messed up my name and a house number, and sent back a form saying it was too early when it was in time. How in the world they operate there with so many mistakes?? I hate stupid uncaring people...

Just to let you know, the receipt numbers suddendly started working today Monday 6th August on the USCIS website. I tried unsuccesfully on Friday.

My NOA1's for AOS and EAD have a notice date of July 18th....

:)

John Stuart Mill

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My lawyer just received our receipt notice for our K1 visa. When I went to the USCIS website it said receipt is not found. I found this information available on the FAQs. I hope it helps calm people that have receipts but cannot find their case online. I'll keep checking every day and let you know if its really takes 3-4 weeks.

FROM USCIS FAQs:

Q : I received my receipt notice, but when I check my case online it does not appear. How do I get my case added to the system so I can check its progress?

USCIS had an unprecedented number of applications filed over the summer. Our efforts to enter these applications into our systems have caused a delay in the transfer of information from our case control system to the Case Status Online system. We are experiencing delays of up to 3 to 4 weeks between receipting your application and its status being available www.uscis.gov. If you have additional questions after your information is available on Case Status Online, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

• 4 weeks later...

my husband and I received our NOA1 Nov 14, and it was only last week of Nov. We received our hard copy.

The odd thing is until this very moment, We still can't see our case online. We've been waiting for that damn status online to come, but no luck yet. :(

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.