Sign in to follow this  
journeyman

Format for Police Certificate in INDIA

10 posts in this topic

NO PARTICULARE FORMAT ,

BUT MOST INDIAN POLICE CERTIFICATES ARE LIKE :

POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES :

THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT MR./MRS. ************ H/O OR W/O *********** HAS RESIDED AT THE ***************************** FROM ************** TO *******************.

HE/SHE IS THE HOLDER OF THE PASSPORT NUMBER *************

DATED ************

VALID UPTO *************

ISSUED AT *************.

HE/SHE HAS NO CRIMINAL RECORD AGAINST HIM/HER AS PER THE LOCAL POLICE RECORD AS OF *************** .

ADDLY . DY .COMMISSIONER ,

POLICE CLEARANCE NO..********

DATED : ********

Has anyone obtained a PCC from bangalore sometime recently? can u tell me whats the wording used. Since the PCC should be for the last 5 years.. am wondering how do they word it. When I applied for mine...they only asked me to put place of current residence and how long i have been there. which was just 2 years.

I went thru the process like 1 month ago in Bangalore. PCC format is not decided by you or me. It is the issuing authority (Passport office / Police station) who will decide what they want to write. I got mine in the exact format which is posted by doc_cute.

Edited by SalJoy

I went thru the process like 1 month ago in Bangalore. PCC format is not decided by you or me. It is the issuing authority (Passport office / Police station) who will decide what they want to write. I got mine in the exact format which is posted by doc_cute.

I am doing consular processing for my Mother. She lived in two different cities (districts) in the same state. So my question is whether this PCC is on state level, district level or even local than that.

Also you mentioned about Passport office. Do they issue such a certificate? and How?

Thanks in advance for your time and response.

I am doing consular processing for my Mother. She lived in two different cities (districts) in the same state. So my question is whether this PCC is on state level, district level or even local than that.

Also you mentioned about Passport office. Do they issue such a certificate? and How?

Thanks in advance for your time and response.

She will need Police CC from both cities even in the same state........and she will need Passport office CC from your regional Passport office .......for India you can use this link http://passport.gov.in/pms/Police%20Clearance%20Certificate.htm

She will need Police CC from both cities even in the same state........and she will need Passport office CC from your regional Passport office .......for India you can use this link http://passport.gov.in/pms/Police%20Clearance%20Certificate.htm

Thats right... :thumbs:

yep, you need it from all the police station under which she has resided.

I got mine from dayone till I lived in India, they also mention time on it from when to when if you lived out of India.

My wife is from my hometown and after marriage she lives with my parents (she also lives at her house sometimes but on application i put my parent's address as her permanent address) which is in same city where she used to live before marriage but different police station. So do i have to get two local PCCs even if it is the same city?

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.