9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do we have any sample sworn affidavits (from people who have known us) for I-751 saved here? I couldnt find any on the pinned stuff. Do these affidavits have to be notarized?

Thank you!!!

Andre (Philippines) & Nicole (USA)

I129-F Sent : 08-24-2004 (California S.C.)

1st NOA: 08-30-2004

2nd NOA: 10-18-2004

Recd By Consulate: 10- 3rd week-2004

Interview Appt Recd: 12-07-2004 (for an appt the next day)

Medical@St Luke's: 12-07-2004 to 12-09-2004

Letter sent to resched intrview: 12-08-2004

Packet 4 recd: April 2005

Intrvw: May 6, 2005

Visa Recd: May 11, 2005

US entry: May 27, 2005

Wedding: June 16, 2005

I-485&I765 sent: July 15, 2005

NOA for I-485&I-765: July 21, 2005

Biometrics @ San Diego: Aug 20, 2005

NOA2: Aug 5, 2005

AOS Interview Chula Vista: Sept. 8, 2005

Welcome to USA: Sept. 15

Conditional Greencard: October 2005

I-751 sent to CSC: June 29, 2007

Received by CSC: July 18, 2007

Biometrics: August 29, 2007

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Do we have any sample sworn affidavits (from people who have known us) for I-751 saved here? I couldnt find any on the pinned stuff. Do these affidavits have to be notarized?

Thank you!!!

To be sure, I would say yes. I notarized mine.

andresamia,

Yes, they need to be notarized. By definition, that is what an affidavit is (a sworn statement). :thumbs:

An affidavit is a formal sworn statement of fact, signed by the declarant (who is called the affiant or deponent) and witnessed (as to the veracity of the affiant's signature) by a taker of oaths, such as a notary public. The name is Medieval Latin for he has declared upon oath.

One use of affidavits is to allow evidence to be gathered from witnesses or participants who may not be available to testify in person before the court.

(Most people's banks will do this for free - or can be performed for a small fee. Statement can (of course) be written/typed beforehand, but not signed until in front of the notary.)

Am pretty certain there are no sample affidavits on VJ. They're pretty simple I would imagine.

Things I would imagine you'd want/need to include on the affidavit:

• Person's full name, address and perhaps telephone.
  • Their relation to you (friend, co-worker, neighbor, relative, etc)
  • Length of knowing you (you-guys)
  • How often seen/visited
  • Perhaps, last occasion of visit.
  • Perhaps a brief personal statement (whatever that may be, depends on the person).

Hope this helps a little... =)

Filed: Other Timeline
Do we have any sample sworn affidavits (from people who have known us) for I-751 saved here?

Yes. Please go to http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide and click the examples in the second paragraph of "evidence of your bona fide relationship."

Do these affidavits have to be notarized?

The USCIS requires the I-761 affidavits sworn to or affirmed. Therefore, it does not need to be notorized as long as the letter includes the affirming statement, which is something like "I solemnly affirm and declare the foregoing to be a true statement," and the signature of an author. In short, if it is easy for you to get them notorized, go ahead and get them notorized. If it is not easy, just send the letters with the affirming statement.

Please also note that the affidavits are not absolutely required. They are one of the evidence. However, most people can agree that the affidavits are going to be helpful to prove your bona fide marraiage.

Hope this helps!

Filed: Other Timeline
andresamia,

Yes, they need to be notarized. By definition, that is what an affidavit is (a sworn statement). :thumbs:

An affidavit is a formal sworn statement of fact, signed by the declarant (who is called the affiant or deponent) and witnessed (as to the veracity of the affiant's signature) by a taker of oaths, such as a notary public. The name is Medieval Latin for he has declared upon oath.

One use of affidavits is to allow evidence to be gathered from witnesses or participants who may not be available to testify in person before the court.

(Most people's banks will do this for free - or can be performed for a small fee. Statement can (of course) be written/typed beforehand, but not signed until in front of the notary.)

Okay. You are right about the definition of a sworn affidavit with oath, but you are missing something here. An affidavit may appear in two forms: a sworn affidavit with oath, or an affirmed affidavit with affirmation. The latter doesn't need to be notarized. However, both have the same legal import.

According to the instruction of I-761, the USCIS requires that "affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship."

Therefore, it is okay to send the I-761 affidavit without being notarized as long as it is affirmed as I described in my above post. Just my two cents!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for all the quick and very helpful replies!!! I truly appreciate them all. :yes:

Andre (Philippines) & Nicole (USA)

I129-F Sent : 08-24-2004 (California S.C.)

1st NOA: 08-30-2004

2nd NOA: 10-18-2004

Recd By Consulate: 10- 3rd week-2004

Interview Appt Recd: 12-07-2004 (for an appt the next day)

Medical@St Luke's: 12-07-2004 to 12-09-2004

Letter sent to resched intrview: 12-08-2004

Packet 4 recd: April 2005

Intrvw: May 6, 2005

Visa Recd: May 11, 2005

US entry: May 27, 2005

Wedding: June 16, 2005

I-485&I765 sent: July 15, 2005

NOA for I-485&I-765: July 21, 2005

Biometrics @ San Diego: Aug 20, 2005

NOA2: Aug 5, 2005

AOS Interview Chula Vista: Sept. 8, 2005

Welcome to USA: Sept. 15

Conditional Greencard: October 2005

I-751 sent to CSC: June 29, 2007

Received by CSC: July 18, 2007

Biometrics: August 29, 2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I posted a sample affidavit in a thread a month or so ago, but the thread obviously got buried with time. I've re-posted a slightly revised version in the pinned thread. Here's the link to the post in the pinned thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=962160

Meh

• 4 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I posted a sample affidavit in a thread a month or so ago, but the thread obviously got buried with time. I've re-posted a slightly revised version in the pinned thread. Here's the link to the post in the pinned thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=962160

hope it help

AFFIDAVIT2.doc

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.