Mimicherie

221g with no documents requested

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
Hello everyone, (I’m the petitioner)

So my fiancé had his interview yesterday 9/19 & received a 221g due to his divorce date being different on the translated document I provided with my initial K1 packet. His divorce date is accurate on his original divorce decree & his Archive paper but because the translated document has an error by ONE day (ASAP Translate put 8/30 instead of 8/31) they told him not to worry they just have to check up on his divorce information to make sure it’s official/accurate, which we both know it is, then they’ll get back to him. 

However, I’m wondering why they didn’t ask for him to get the translated paper corrected and sent back to them instead. I’m thinking of sending it to them anyway after I receive the document with the correct date but I’m not sure if I’ll be adding more fuel to the fire. 

My fiance said the woman asked him every question she could think of & every document she requested he had ready & provided it to her. She was even congratulating him for answering all his questions correctly then at the end hit him with “Well there’s a tiny error with the divorce date on the paper your fiancée sent, it doesn’t match the documents you gave us”. My fiancé politely questioned her and showed her both documents & she said “I see that you have those but the one your fiancée sent us doesn’t match”. My fiancé couldn’t think of what document she possibly could’ve been referring to until it dawned on him that maybe it’s the translated paper I sent with my packet, which I checked today & it was. The CO told him “oh the mistake is not too serious but we just can’t issue the visa today. We have to look further into your divorce info and we’ll contact you when we’re done looking into your case.” Yet, they didn’t ask us to send in any additional documents. 

I find it hard to accept that we would get a denial for this & the CO held more weight to the translated document made by ASAP Translate instead of the actual Haitian documents he had in hand. This is a minor mistake I unfortunately did not catch before hand. 

Although I’m greatful he didn’t receive a flat out denial, I’m so worried & I’m hoping im not one of those cases that lay dormant until my case expires. Even my I-129F showed the same date his documents showed. Only thing with an incorrect date was the translated document. We don’t know how long they will take with AP either.

I also sent an email to the Haitian embassy with a revised translated copy of my fiancé’s divorce decree from the same translation company and they even wrote a cover letter statement admitting to their mistake of putting the wrong date of 8/30/2015 instead of 8/31/2015 even though the original divorce decree date was correct. 

He left with the 221g I’ve attached in this thread, a form telling him to create a UStraveldocs profile (which we already have) and a booklet about how to defend yourself against violence in the USA. I’m hoping I don’t have anything to worry about but any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated 😕. Thank you. 
769B0FEA-3465-47D0-80C0-092E6D4317B0.thumb.jpeg.28ce9c8c51849d003f192267f597752c.jpeg59A10D59-2EDF-4712-B94F-B146ACBD91F4.thumb.jpeg.8f95f8bee6f5d44d5c42a94e572cb06e.jpeg

Edited by gsdc23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

"Une étude administrative" just means that you're case has gone in to AP (administrative processing). What does your case say on the CEAC website? Like she said, they are going to do more investigation. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how long this will take. But when they're done and everything check out, they will instruct him to send his passport again. If they need anything else they will ask you.

When you sent them an email with the translation, what was their response?

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jesserz said:

"Une étude administrative" just means that you're case has gone in to AP (administrative processing). What does your case say on the CEAC website? Like she said, they are going to do more investigation. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how long this will take. But when they're done and everything check out, they will instruct him to send his passport again. If they need anything else they will ask you.

When you sent them an email with the translation, what was their response?

Hi & thank you for your response. I recently sent the email last night after receiving the revised version back from ASAP Translate. I only received an automatic email saying that my email was received and a case was created, also that they will get back to me in 1-2 business days so I’m patiently waiting for a response. 

They also kept all his originals/copies of his documents & passport pictures. He has his passport with him though. I guess I’m just so worried & paranoid that this was one of those “under the table” denials they give ppl when they let their case expire or send it back to USCIS 😕. I really hope not though.

This is what it says on the CEAC website:

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Administrative Processing

Case Created:31-Jul-2018

Case Last Updated:19-Sep-2018

“Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after...”

• 6 months later...
On 9/20/2018 at 8:03 AM, gsdc23 said:

Hi & thank you for your response. I recently sent the email last night after receiving the revised version back from ASAP Translate. I only received an automatic email saying that my email was received and a case was created, also that they will get back to me in 1-2 business days so I’m patiently waiting for a response. 

They also kept all his originals/copies of his documents & passport pictures. He has his passport with him though. I guess I’m just so worried & paranoid that this was one of those “under the table” denials they give ppl when they let their case expire or send it back to USCIS 😕. I really hope not though.

U.S. Department of State

“Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after...”

Hello was wondering if you guys are still in 221g? How is your case going?

We are kinda in the same boat.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 9/20/2018 at 1:03 PM, gsdc23 said:

U.S. Department of State

Whats the status on your case now?

Update us so we can know.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

@Zaczon

Hi, 

I recently just got my visa issued this week. I’m so relieved & excited. I posted in another thread with my whole story, check on my page. 

@Sylvia & Houssem 

any news on in your case?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, gsdc23 said:

@Zaczon

Hi, 

I recently just got my visa issued this week. I’m so relieved & excited. I posted in another thread with my whole story, check on my page. 

@Sylvia & Houssem 

any news on in your case?

Congratulations.

I havent had anything from them yet.

My case is still on AP and its been a month now.

Hopefully I will hear something before the beginning of May.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.