Manc73

N400 Phoenix AZ Filers 2018

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I filed my application online and wanted to know if anyone in Arizona has filed in March 2018, and if you can share your experiences.

My completion time is July 2019, all I need is some up to date information as I am getting nothing elsewhere. Heavens aloft, to say "slow as molasses" is a understatement.

Edited by Manc73

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from General Immigration Discussion to the US Citizenship Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 8 months later...

BUMP. Hopefully we can merge some of the recent, Phoenix- relevant threads.

I submitted mine online as well, and did my biometrics in Phoenix office. Sept 2018. No update since biometrics other than a message 11 days ago that my case has been transferred. What does it even mean? Also I am not sure of the forecasted timeline anymore, since they removed the "estimated completion" section in my case status view. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Deanne81 said:

BUMP. Hopefully we can merge some of the recent, Phoenix- relevant threads.

I submitted mine online as well, and did my biometrics in Phoenix office. Sept 2018. No update since biometrics other than a message 11 days ago that my case has been transferred. What does it even mean? Also I am not sure of the forecasted timeline anymore, since they removed the "estimated completion" section in my case status view. 

Greetings

I think you case has been allocated to a immigration officer to look over your paperwork for completeness. If all is well you will be required to attend you interview maybe next n a couple of months.

I submitted my N400 in March 2018 and have my interview in March 2019. My ceremony was in April 2019.

I now have my US passport. It's a lot ng process hang in there.

Have you made a phone call to ask some questions about your case?

3 minutes ago, Manc73 said:

Greetings

I think you case has been allocated to a immigration officer to look over your paperwork for completeness. If all is well you will be required to attend you interview maybe next n a couple of months.

I submitted my N400 in March 2018 and have my interview in March 2019. My ceremony was in April 2019.

I now have my US passport. It's a lot ng process hang in there.

Have you made a phone call to ask some questions about your case?

Hi there, congratulations for completing your citizenship journey! Thanks for the comment. I might call them Monday and get an explanation about this "transfer" and impact to my timeline. Have a great day!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Deanne81 said:

Hi there, congratulations for completing your citizenship journey! Thanks for the comment. I might call them Monday and get an explanation about this "transfer" and impact to my timeline. Have a great day!

All the very best 😎

just called USCIS and they said the only impacted field offices are Atlanta, Miami and Brooklyn (I hope I remember that right). My field office and Phoenix, got the "transfer update" on more than 2 weeks ago, but no letter/ PDF document uploaded yet. I was advised to wait 30 days for it to be uploaded or mailed. 30 days??! Usually after an update status the letter/PDF document comes the next couple days! 

Timeline
On 6/18/2019 at 9:22 AM, Deanne81 said:

just called USCIS and they said the only impacted field offices are Atlanta, Miami and Brooklyn (I hope I remember that right). My field office and Phoenix, got the "transfer update" on more than 2 weeks ago, but no letter/ PDF document uploaded yet. I was advised to wait 30 days for it to be uploaded or mailed. 30 days??! Usually after an update status the letter/PDF document comes the next couple days! 

Your right, we will have to see what happens, 30 days seems long. I don't get that bit. You should make a infopass appointment and speak with someone at Phoenix USCIS.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Glad to finally see some people from Phoenix! 

N-400 Application

Local Office: Phoenix, AZ

Submitted Online: 4/29/2019

NOA: 4/29/2019

Biometrics Notification: 5/3/2019

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/2019

Interview Notification: 3/11/2020

Interview Appointment: 4/16/2020

Oath Notification:

Oath Date:

• 2 weeks later...

Had my interview yesterday, Aug 12th in Tucson, AZ. I was among the 'lucky' ones whose case got transferred from the Phoenix office. Tip: they said they didn't just randomly pick up a batch of PHX applications to transfer to Tucson, it was all the southern areas (Not sure what that meant, but my friend who filed her application around the same time I did, had her interview and oath taking in PHX. She lives in northeast Mesa and I am from Chandler. Basically I am south of the US-60 and she is north. Go figure.)

My appointment was at 8am. Came in with my son but he remained in the wait area-- in case anyone was wondering if they can bring a companion. Got called by the officer into the interview room. He asked the expected questions and some smalltalk. He obviously reviewed some of my application snapshots PLUS previous files. He asked 6 questions for the civics quiz. English speaking/writing test also from the civics review material. He congratulated me and asked me to wait for the oath taking notice. Within 10 minutes I was called again along with 2 others and were given the oath taking information that will take place in Casa Grande, Aug 23rd.

Timeline
On 8/13/2019 at 3:48 PM, Deanne81 said:

Had my interview yesterday, Aug 12th in Tucson, AZ. I was among the 'lucky' ones whose case got transferred from the Phoenix office. Tip: they said they didn't just randomly pick up a batch of PHX applications to transfer to Tucson, it was all the southern areas (Not sure what that meant, but my friend who filed her application around the same time I did, had her interview and oath taking in PHX. She lives in northeast Mesa and I am from Chandler. Basically I am south of the US-60 and she is north. Go figure.)

My appointment was at 8am. Came in with my son but he remained in the wait area-- in case anyone was wondering if they can bring a companion. Got called by the officer into the interview room. He asked the expected questions and some smalltalk. He obviously reviewed some of my application snapshots PLUS previous files. He asked 6 questions for the civics quiz. English speaking/writing test also from the civics review material. He congratulated me and asked me to wait for the oath taking notice. Within 10 minutes I was called again along with 2 others and were given the oath taking information that will take place in Casa Grande, Aug 23rd.

Congratulations ☺👍

Timeline

I wish everyone the utmost best through this process, I because a citizen on Aprl 19th, 2019. My passport is in hand and I can now vote. I can remember my interview in the old US embassy in London for my greencard in 2015. All this was long and tiring but worth it.

On 8/13/2019 at 3:48 PM, Deanne81 said:

Congratulations ☺👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.