randrb

Supporting Documents for Sponsoring Mother for Visitor’s Visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would like to sponsor my mother to apply for a visitor’s visa to come to the US from Morocco. I am in the US on a Green Card- my wife is an American citizen. 

Last year, we had very little income, as we were in the process of starting a business. We just made our first money from it a month ago and will be well over the poverty line for this tax year. I also have a second job as a coach, since last Sept. I had $7000 of reportable wages from it last year and will have around $20k this year. 

Is there a way for me to prove my income this year, before I do my taxes? And will this be sufficient to the gov’t to prove we are financially able to take care of my mother while she is in the states?

So why do you think USCIS care about your money or jobs when its your mother trying to get tourist visa based on her ties to her country?

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your mother is eligible to for an immigrant Visa. It will be difficult to obtain a B2. She can try, but no guarantees. Casa is tough.

Honest-Love-Respect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As others have said, your income isn't considered at all because there is no sponsorship for visitor visas. 

She will need to prove strong ties to Morocco. She will need to include proof like having a family (husband and children) that she will want to return to in Morocco. If she is employed, a letter from the employer. If she ownes any property, that can be used as a tie. If she has ever traveled outside of Morocco, evidence that she has returned on time with no overstays. A combination of all these types of evidence will be useful. 

Yes, Casablanca can be strict, but I have seen several visitor visas for parents being approved recently. It's all about being able to prove strong ties to Morocco. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

46 minutes ago, Derik-Lina said:

Your mother is eligible to for an immigrant Visa. It will be difficult to obtain a B2. She can try, but no guarantees. Casa is tough.

No she is not.. not at the moment. 

OP has a green card received a year ago, and cannot sponsor a parent until he is a USC, the earliest being 3+ yrs from now. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
51 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

No she is not.. not at the moment. 

OP has a green card received a year ago, and cannot sponsor a parent until he is a USC, the earliest being 3+ yrs from now. 

I meant to say "will be" and you are correct.

Honest-Love-Respect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.