coco#1

Interview preparation

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We just received interview date today for our CR1 visa, any advise of what we should do to prepare for interview, we are trying to be prepared this time since our K1 visa was denied last year ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do you have an idea as to the reason for the denial?

Not much you can really do to prepare other than to be sure you have all of the required documents. Make sure the beneficiary can confidently answer questions about the petitioner and their relationship timeline and details. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Like above. Really nothing different in a sense of the interview; but hopefully whatever the reason for the K-1 denial was resolved/corrected or it could just turn into the same result again. Marriage and all doesn't guarantee anything for immigration.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
17 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Do you have an idea as to the reason for the denial?

Not much you can really do to prepare other than to be sure you have all of the required documents. Make sure the beneficiary can confidently answer questions about the petitioner and their relationship timeline and details. 

when they asked my wife about my divorced she didn`t answer correctly, they even asked her about my ex-wife name and she didn`t know. that`s the only thing I know

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Like above. Really nothing different in a sense of the interview; but hopefully whatever the reason for the K-1 denial was resolved/corrected or it could just turn into the same result again. Marriage and all doesn't guarantee anything for immigration.

we  discussed my divorced and know everything about it now

Timeline
2 hours ago, coco#1 said:

We just received interview date today for our CR1 visa, any advise of what we should do to prepare for interview, we are trying to be prepared this time since our K1 visa was denied last year ?

Good luck! Just bring the materials listed on the checklist and try to relax. I think as long as you answer honestly and clearly, and you have a bona fide marriage you should be fine! 

What was your CC date from NVC if you don’t mind me asking? Ours was August 17th. 

Met: 10/15/2015

Married: 04/30/2017

I-130 Sent: 10/13/2017

NOA1: 10/18/2017

NOA2: 06/02/2018

NVC: 07/06/2018

NVC CC: 08/17/2018

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Uoas said:

Good luck! Just bring the materials listed on the checklist and try to relax. I think as long as you answer honestly and clearly, and you have a bona fide marriage you should be fine! 

What was your CC date from NVC if you don’t mind me asking? Ours was August 17th. 

thank you, inshallah ykon khir.

what do you mean by CC, case complete! our case was completed on August 7th.

did you get interview date yet?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, coco#1 said:

thank you, inshallah ykon khir.

what do you mean by CC, case complete! our case was completed on August 7th.

did you get interview date yet?

No, unfortunately we’re still waiting for our interview. /: I really hope we get scheduled for October! I hope they aren’t completely full yet. 

What day is your interview? Do you know what doctor you’re going to yet? I heard Nezha (female doctor) is pretty fast. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Uoas said:

No, unfortunately we’re still waiting for our interview. /: I really hope we get scheduled for October! I hope they aren’t completely full yet. 

What day is your interview? Do you know what doctor you’re going to yet? I heard Nezha (female doctor) is pretty fast. 

October 30 is our interview date, my wife is planning to go to the one in Rabat since she lives close to it.

most likely our interview will be in early November.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, coco#1 said:

October 30 is our interview date, my wife is planning to go to the one in Rabat since she lives close to it.

most likely our interview will be in early November.

Oh man 😵 well it looks like it’ll probably be November for us then. 

Thank you so much for responding, it gives us a better idea of when to expect everything. Good luck to your wife at her interview. Insha’Allah everything goes well! 

Timeline
Just now, Uoas said:

Thank you so much for responding, it gives us a better idea of when to expect everything. Good luck to your wife at her interview. Insha’Allah everything goes well! 

you're welcome, good luck to you as well. Inshallah ykon lkhir.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Uoas said:

your past posts say you are living in Morocco with your spouse

have u been filing US tax returns?

have u etablished a residency here in the states?

Has NVC completed your case and u just wait for interview date?

allah yekbel

Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

your past posts say you are living in Morocco with your spouse

have u been filing US tax returns?

have u etablished a residency here in the states?

Has NVC completed your case and u just wait for interview date?

allah yekbel

Hey! So to answer the first question, yes, I do live with my husband in Morocco. It's been close to 3 years now. 😊

I file taxes every year, although I wasn't required to file for one of the years. I attached a letter explaining I didn't meet the requirements and gave that to NVC along with a copy of my tax transcripts (via IRS website) for the previous 3 tax years.

I still have a US bank account along with my voter registration card that I maintain. I also have a mailing address in the US, I used this for the 'proof of domicile' for NVC. You can also provide moving estimates as well. 

We got a Case Complete from NVC August 17th. The problem is because of Eid along with upcoming Moroccan & US holidays I'm not sure if we'll have an interview scheduled anytime soon.  

I hope that answers your questions! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

If you haven’t found a list of practice questions, here are some.  Wishing the best!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/berardiimmigrationlaw.com/frequently-asked-marriage-based-green-card-interview-questions/amp/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think you should read peoples reviews regarding interview questions at Morocco Embassy or consulate like for Pakistan I will read Islamabad Embassy.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Pakistan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.