1,373 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

I always had a thing for September :D

There is no way I'm getting my NOA1 by tomorrow, so let me start September AOS thread beforehand!

And remember it is always a good idea to just send EAD and AP together with the timelines getting longer. You never know what you'll need and it is free!

Good luck to all!

You're back at it again lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Naes said:

I always had a thing for September :D

There is no way I'm getting my NOA1 by tomorrow, so let me start September AOS thread beforehand!

And remember it is always a good idea to just send EAD and AP together with the timelines getting longer. You never know what you'll need and it is free!

Good luck to all!

@BIGSEXY2070

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SanaW said:

Does anyone know whats the current wait time for AOS ans EAD ?

EAD is changes between 4-6 months, AOS depends on the local office but average looks like a year.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, streanor said:

Happy to be joining this thread after we sent our AOS packet yesterday! :dance:

congrats :) and welcome!! Let’s wait some more :dance:

3 hours ago, Naes said:

EAD is changes between 4-6 months, AOS depends on the local office but average looks like a year.

Interesting! lol if I knew it was going to take forever I would have applied for spouse visa but thank you so much for being super helpful! your an amazing person, lol I wanted to tell you that before as well but your mailbox was full and my msg didn't go though but tbh I would not have made it this far if it wasn't for you so thank you and I greatly appreciate you trying to do everything to provide some hope to VJ users! ❤️  

@Naes !!! Welcome to the other side :D

I'm from the July 17 K1 thread and now a May 18 AOS filer

...and now just...waiting :crying:

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Timeline
9 hours ago, SanaW said:

Interesting! lol if I knew it was going to take forever I would have applied for spouse visa but thank you so much for being super helpful! your an amazing person, lol I wanted to tell you that before as well but your mailbox was full and my msg didn't go though but tbh I would not have made it this far if it wasn't for you so thank you and I greatly appreciate you trying to do everything to provide some hope to VJ users! ❤️  

Hi!! I feel the same about spouse visa... but oh well at least the wedding was nice :D 

I’m really glad I was able to help! ❤️ It was a loooong wait for all of us!!

(I need to clean that inbox....)

Timeline
8 hours ago, BVGApeach said:

@Naes !!! Welcome to the other side :D

I'm from the July 17 K1 thread and now a May 18 AOS filer

...and now just...waiting :crying:

I’m so glad you guys are all ahead of me now! So I can actually know what to expect! 😁

so which waiting is worst though? I like this one better than noa wait ❤️❤️ At least for now 🙈

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
19 hours ago, Naes said:

I’m so glad you guys are all ahead of me now! So I can actually know what to expect! 😁

so which waiting is worst though? I like this one better than noa wait ❤️❤️ At least for now 🙈

Hey,

Good to see familiar "faces" from around the forum. I am a berry at hard LOL.

The AOS is much more different as forum wise because there is basically no hard written queue, so some people get interview super fast, others not. So I think it has less community feeling, belonging to somewhere (that's why I am commenting here too LOL)..... anyway :D

Probably you will be thru the NBC and bio app pretty quickly, also while you get SSN, bank stuff it keeps more busy, then there is just suddenly waiting.  :D

I like it better than being apart, but the visa has it's negative part too. Like not being able to work, depending on your social temper it's harder to meet your own friends, so you share your husbands friends, etc.... But in general it is better I would say because we are not apart....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everyone! And @Naes😉 It's good to be back after all this time, I just needed some rest after so intensive use of VJ all these past months…

Anyway, here we are waiting again! I sent the paperwork the 28th and it got to USCIS the 30th, so I'm guessing I'll be a September filer and that we'll be getting pretty similar NOA dates😊. I could have sent it like 3 weeks ago, but they wouldn't send me the Marriage Certificate… which in the end they didn't, I ended up going myself to the office to get it 😒. The only thing left for me to do is getting the driver's license, after that it'll be a mostly boring wait again...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.