Aster

Highly tough situation

79 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello , 

need help!!!!!      Here is my story ,    Marriage date 5september 2017,   All things were going good,   Interview date has been come in 4th September ,   Medical done but need to extent my interview date .....   Please guide me how to extent my interview date from Islamabad embassy ....     Second thing is I m confused because the reason of extend date is my wife attitude is changed suddenly ,  I have usa visit visa and it's valid more 3 years ,  I visited USA and I liked her and then I came back to Pakistan ,  she and her family came to Pakistan and we got married ,   Everything was going good but suddenly her and her mother and brother attitude is changed and they are not picking my phone ,  I am sending messages but no reply , I m confused ,   I don't know what's going on ,  now I m thinking to extent my interview date f they don't want me to come to usa then at least tell me , I can safe my visit visa at least and continue my life here,   I m scared if I go through interview then they will cancel my visit visa and issue me immigration and if they don't want me to come then they will try to cancel my immigration and then deportation and my whole travel history may be affected ...  I want to peace in my life ,   Pleaseeeeeeee guide me how to extent my interview date from Islamabad and then if you can give me any useful advise for my future and my situation .  

Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Contact the Consulate and withdraw your application, things happen, relationships fail.

Should not have any impact on future visits.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry things are not working out with your wife.  Unless you are able to actually speak to her and find out what's going on inside her head and heart, there's not much else you can do.  It could be something as simple as she doesn't have phone service right now for whatever reason.

Curious---do you have all the documents needed to attend the interview from your wife?

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Going through said:

Sorry things are not working out with your wife.  Unless you are able to actually speak to her and find out what's going on inside her head and heart, there's not much else you can do.  It could be something as simple as she doesn't have phone service right now for whatever reason.

Curious---do you have all the documents needed to attend the interview from your wife?

True! Just be patient and find out before concluding.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Going through said:

I asked her to send me form, tax , w2 etc .  She was saying I would send you soon but it's been two months she did not send and now she is not picking my phone up and do not reply my messages , even her mother is not picking my phone .   I m confused .  They are read my messages on whatsapp but not reply ..

6 hours ago, Aster said:

Hello , 

need help!!!!!      Here is my story ,    Marriage date 5september 2017,   All things were going good,   Interview date has been come in 4th September ,   Medical done but need to extent my interview date .....   Please guide me how to extent my interview date from Islamabad embassy ....     Second thing is I m confused because the reason of extend date is my wife attitude is changed suddenly ,  I have usa visit visa and it's valid more 3 years ,  I visited USA and I liked her and then I came back to Pakistan ,  she and her family came to Pakistan and we got married ,   Everything was going good but suddenly her and her mother and brother attitude is changed and they are not picking my phone ,  I am sending messages but no reply , I m confused ,   I don't know what's going on ,  now I m thinking to extent my interview date f they don't want me to come to usa then at least tell me , I can safe my visit visa at least and continue my life here,   I m scared if I go through interview then they will cancel my visit visa and issue me immigration and if they don't want me to come then they will try to cancel my immigration and then deportation and my whole travel history may be affected ...  I want to peace in my life ,   Pleaseeeeeeee guide me how to extent my interview date from Islamabad and then if you can give me any useful advise for my future and my situation .  

Thanks 

The time apart from spouse can cause a strain on any relationship. Give it some time and see what you can work out before making any rash decisions that you both will regret.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Could it be your wife doesn't consider herself married to you, and is now breaking up by "disappearing"? 

I'd also withdrawal the application. If things get back to normal, you can always reapply. But at this moment, if you haven't spoken to her in months, you don't have a bona fide marriage.

18 minutes ago, Going through said:

It could be something as simple as she doesn't have phone service right now for whatever reason.

On Whatsapp, Viber, Messenger, etc all you need is wifi to send and receive messages as long as there was some kind of number initially set up with it.

This situation sounds highly suspect, I could understand a few days or maybe a week but months of no communication is a bit difficult to rationalize or excuse. I would plan to reschedule the interview for now and find a concrete way to get into contact with her or her family. If there is still no further response, your hands are tied at that stage, she hasn't sent you what she submitted to CEAC therefore you won't have the documents to most likely needed to be approved in the interview. I would seek a lawyer's advice as well for their opinion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Sorry to break it to you but it sounds like she’s done with the relationship. You shouldn’t attend that interview and withdraw your filing. If you’re no longer in a relationship, then this is the end of the road for your immigration path. I’m not sure about who can withdraw a CR1 petition though. She might be the only one who can do that seeing she is the US citizen. I don’t agree with people who said this won’t have an impact on future visits. It will. You’ve already shown immigrating intent to them so you’re at a risk of overstaying or trying to adjust status after entering on a tourist visa. You’re gonna need to show very strong ties to your home country for your next visits to convince them. Good luck. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, Aster said:

I asked her to send me form, tax , w2 etc .  She was saying I would send you soon but it's been two months she did not send and now she is not picking my phone up and do not reply my messages , even her mother is not picking my phone .   I m confused .  They are read my messages on whatsapp but not reply ..

If you want to delay your interview, contact the Consular Immigrant Visa Unit and ask them to reschedule it for a later date.  That keeps your options open until you resolve whatever is happening to your relationship.  Ultimately, be fully truthful in all your communications regarding the immigrant visa.  Your visit visa would be cancelled/revoked if the Consular Officials consider you have immigrant intent.  That seems to be an open question at the moment.  It is what it is.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would suggest attending the interview and fly to USA. You are her husband, the head of your wife. Be a husband this time by leading in resolving whatever strains that happened to you marriage due to long distance relationship. You are more worried that your travel history will be affected than resolving problems with you wife? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, NovaDC said:

I would suggest attending the interview and fly to USA. You are her husband, the head of your wife. Be a husband this time by leading in resolving whatever strains that happened to you marriage due to long distance relationship. You are more worried that your travel history will be affected than resolving problems with you wife? 

I m calling her but she is not picking my call , why?  What does it mean ?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, NovaDC said:

Without the proper documents to show at the interview and get approved, he most likely won't be able to fly to the USA.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

how many times have you seen/ met her? how many times before you were married? since you were married?

16 hours ago, Aster said:

I'd say she is no longer interested in you and file for divorce. Neither my fiance nor myself have ever IGNORED a call or message from the other. If we cant answer right then, we certainly call back shortly. 

6 hours ago, NovaDC said:

okay so aside from the fact he cant just' fly over and fix it', someone who tried to forcefully take control of my life or our situation would not be met with a positive attitude on my part. Perhaps that ' Me Man- You Woman-Do What I say' attitude is common in some cultures or countries, you won't find that going over so well in the US

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Aster said:

I m calling her but she is not picking my call , why?  What does it mean ?  

It sounds like she does not want to be with you anymore.... If it were a few days, maybe she is questioning everything, but if it is weeks or months, it seems she has already made her decision. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.