6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We need help, maybe someone could give me advice. We are waiting for IR-1 visa interview. For already 4 months. We got CC in April 25, but no interview date still. when we call to operator they say NVC did collected all required documentation and we are waiting in line for the interview, and they have no timeframe for interview to be scheduled. First 3 months we actually thought we are waiting in line, but people getting interviews with CC in July. And we are not. We did text on nvc inquiry and asknvc, but they all send us same answer, that we are waiting in line. What scares me the most that they have no timeframe, in this case we could stay in this situation forever.

We would any information or suggestions you could give us.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Did you talk to a supervisor? Or have you tried reaching out to the embassy involved? If I were you, I would consider involving your congress representative and have him/her inquire about your status.

Timeline
2 hours ago, R&OC said:

Did you talk to a supervisor? Or have you tried reaching out to the embassy involved? If I were you, I would consider involving your congress representative and have him/her inquire about your status.

Congressman-yes. We did month ago, filled out some form, they said they call us back, and didn’t. If go to office they say we will call you, and never did. We have Luis Gutierrez, not sure he will do much he’s getting ready to retire.

Supervisor said nothing wrong just waiting in line.

Consulate says nothing, case still at NVC, they responsible for scheduling interview, consulate just give them dates, which I believe they do.

Filed: Timeline

Getting a US visa in Russia is hard because of the relationship between the two countries.  It seems that it takes forever to get a visa interview in Moscow.  

Go to the Russian subforum and you will find lots of people having a difficult time getting an available interview.  Months of no available interview slots.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jojo92122 said:

Getting a US visa in Russia is hard because of the relationship between the two countries.  It seems that it takes forever to get a visa interview in Moscow.  

Go to the Russian subforum and you will find lots of people having a difficult time getting an available interview.  Months of no available interview slots.  

I did look at those posts, and that’s the reason why we were waiting for so long. But if you take a closer look all those guys mostly have K-1, K-3 visas. They have some type of sheet, where they see available dates. They schedule interview for themselves if date is open. Not waiting for NVC.

the only people whom I found with CR visas

CC April 23/interview August 21

CC June 18/interview August 28

There is 2 more with CC somewhere in July/ both of them interview end of September.

our CC is April 25, I couldn’t find anyone who would have been waiting for 5 months just for a date. Not even in Mexico.

You don’t know, how much I wish you would right and this is just a busy consulate, not some FBI security check. Those could go forever.

but we started process of switching consulate. We have 3, which are ready to take us, based on birth certificate picked one and waiting for response from NVC Tuesday/Wednesday. If they allow us to do so.

2 hours ago, Damara said:

You have more then one congressperson. reach out to a different one. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/IL/4

Thank you for link and for the idea. We will try with senators as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.