WeGuyGal

Is this overkill..?

3 posts in this topic

We're submitting the n400 online soon. Based on marriage to a USC; 3-yr rule. This is what we're preparing to upload. 

Front and back of green card

Extension letter copy

Marriage Certificate copy

Spouse US passport & Naturalization Cert

3 years federal tax Transcripts

Copy of both's drivers licenses showing same address

Joint electric utility account    *quarterly stmts past 3 years pdf

Joint bank account   *quarterly stmts past 3 years pdf

Wireless plan with spouse phone# on Family plan   *quarterly stmts past 3 years pdf

401k showing spouse as primary beneficiary    *quarterly stmts past 3 years pdf

Car Insurance proof showing both spouses covered 

Copies of Visa/Mastercard credit cards. 

Italicized are supplementary evidence. Overkill? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have no idea if it is overkill or not.. I am submitting just about the same docs except not a copy of credit cards.  I am going to submit copy of employer sponsored health insurance form 1095b with all our names and employer info on it, 401k beneficiary, life insurance beneficiary, sons preschool registration form, all the bank docs you mentioned, vehicle payment info with both our names as we are both owners, information from when we purchased our home as we are both owners so it's quite a lot.

And children's birth certificates.

I did the same for the initial green card application and they were impressed by my organization skills at my husband's interview.  I'd rather give too much than not enough and risk it get denied for not enough evidence. 

Edited by panda1983

Married December 29, 2012
CRBA for Son April 2014
I-130 Filed in Mexico City March 12, 2015
I-130 approved and transfered to Ciudad Juarez March 23, 2015.
Emailed consulate asking for Status at beginning of April.

April 24, emailed back saying case was ready for interview on March 31.

They emailed us the instructions to make the interview appointment when we were ready.

Interview in July

Yeah I think our list of evidence is likely in the too much than not enough category, but just curious as to what others opine. 

We already submitted tons of ROC evidence as noted here, and it's likely that the i751 + n400 are adjudicated together down the road. The N400 interviewer would have both sets of files at the interview. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.