Brad35

Feel devastated,hurt,sad,mad,cheated

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, missileman said:

Don't let her control your happiness.......divorce her and move on with YOUR life.

So, the situation sucks, and I guess from everyone's comments,  once someone has a GC, the petitioner is off the hook for financial support?  What happens if she, shortly down the road, becomes a "charge",, will the petitioner still be at fault due to the oath they took to support the beneficiary?  Does divorce stop that action?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Highmystic said:

So, the situation sucks, and I guess from everyone's comments,  once someone has a GC, the petitioner is off the hook for financial support?  What happens if she, shortly down the road, becomes a "charge",, will the petitioner still be at fault due to the oath they took to support the beneficiary?  Does divorce stop that action?  

No, the petitioner is still "hooked" until the immigrant has worked for 40 quarters, becomes a citizen, leaves the country to live, or dies......

assuming the petitioner is the sponsor, of course.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Brad35 said:

Hi. I need some advice. My wife runaway took my money without my permission  and move out with her new boyfriend l after She receiving her 10years greencard what should i do? I want to report  her to uscis!!!! I dont know what to do. 

If she cleaned out the bank account,  and it is a JOINT account, it's not "your" money but yours and hers.  However, depending on which state you live in,  some states it's joint assets and she is only entitled to 1/2 of it all.  If you file for divorce, and with an attorney to do discovery,  you could do enough to be a pain her her neck.   If all the money was a couple hundred bucks, move on.  Just know that whomever she is with now may well be the next cheated on guy. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, missileman said:

the petitioner is still "hooked" until the immigrant has worked for 40 quarters, becomes a citizen, leaves the country to live, or dies......

Relevant section of Form I-864 for @Brad35 (and joint sponsor(s), if applicable):

When Will These Obligations End?

Your obligations under a Form I-864 that you signed will end if the person who becomes a lawful permanent resident based on that affidavit:

A. Becomes a U.S. citizen;

B. Has worked, or can receive credit for, 40 quarters of coverage under the Social Security Act;

C. No longer has lawful permanent resident status and has departed the United States;

D. Is subject to removal, but applies for and obtains, in removal proceedings, a new grant of adjustment of status, based on a new affidavit of support, if one is required; or

E. Dies.

NOTE: Divorce does not terminate your obligations under Form I-864.

Your obligations under a Form I-864 that you signed also end if you die. Therefore, if you die, your estate is not required to take responsibility for the person's support after your death. However, your estate may owe any support that you accumulated before you died.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Other Timeline

There are several forums that have sections on divorce.  They will give you better advice on what to do and expect.

Divorce sooner rather than later as it will be in your best interest financially as well as personally.  Get a good attorney for legl issues and a counselor to help you with your feelings.  You are neither the first nor last person to be taken advantage of for a GC. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
6 hours ago, Brad35 said:

I have proof i took screenshot of her talking to guys online and I have proof that she have pictures taken with other guys hugging and kissing. Would that be enough proof of fraud? 

It doesn't make it fraud unless it was happening in the early stages of your relationship.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
2 hours ago, Highmystic said:

Only off the hook when beneficiary dies, loses GC, becomes a citizen or has 40 quarters of Social Security credits to their name. Divorce does NOT let you off the hook.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

1 hour ago, Springrain22 said:

Another girl from Philippines pretended to love someone and totally changed after receiving a Greencard. Why am I not surprised? Now tell me it's not about the country. I've  never heard that much  about Japanese or  Germany girls doing this. But Philippines, yes, all the time. Consider all this situation as a life lesson for you and for others. If she left you it means you weren't that good or you were a victim from the day you met her online. You just did not figure that out. Anyway, it's too late. Note that you must support her under your Affidavit of support you signed while bringing her to the US.

Being a worthless individual is not restricted to a single country, please don't lump all into one basket, if that's your opion, fine, keep it to yourself, I have heard the same of immigrants from the middle East and former Soviet Union,. It's an unfair stereotype.

To the OP,

You were played, divorce her without being vindictive, put your life together as good as you can, do not be disheartened by the actions of a single person use the experience as a learning lesson should you again choose to take this path again, good luck to you and I hope you emerge from the experience whole

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Being a worthless individual is not restricted to a single country, please don't lump all into one basket, if that's your opion, fine, keep it to yourself, I have heard the same of immigrants from the middle East and former Soviet Union,. It's an unfair stereotype.

I did not say it's restricted to Philippines. I said that the majority comes from Philippines and we see it proven almost every day by topics like this one. Hiding this fact is pointless, it is what it is, no need to hide it. Personally, I wouldn't bring a girl from Philippines to the US unless I am 100% sure she's the one. Unfortunately, some of the counties tend to have people with the same "strategy" too.

2 hours ago, JFH said:

You can't force someone to love you. It's quite possible that she had very good intentions when she married you. She probably did love you, or believed that she loved you. 

Marriages fail all the time. I don't know why people expect marriages to foreign spouses to be any different or have any more staying power than marriage to a local.  Had you been married to a girl from the same state and she cheated on you would you be accusing her of fraud? 

No my ex-wife was my first marriage. I'm not accusing her for fraud but this is what i feel for based what she did to me and what she told me. If you are in my situation your wife runaway from you took your money after getting her 10year greencard what would you feel? Will you feel she married you for love? I ask myself a lot of times why now? Why she didn't left me before getting her greencard if she does love me. Since the day she got her greencard she totally change to a whole new evil person. Whenever we fight she will threat me she's going to leave me because she got what she wanted and dont want to stay married. She even admitted that she used me for greencard. She said i'm stupid for marrying her she even told me she never loved me from the start. How cruel to hear this from her. She could of lie but she dont  and no i dont want to stay married to her. I just want her to go back to her home country. I was hoping icould report her to uscis but since all people say i can't do nothing. I have to let it go and move on. And i do admit im at fault too. I married her too fast and think we will last forever.

15 minutes ago, Springrain22 said:

I did not say it's restricted to Philippines. I said that the majority comes from Philippines and we see it proven almost every day by topics like this one. Hiding this fact is pointless, it is what it is, no need to hide it. Personally, I wouldn't bring a girl from Philippines to the US unless I am 100% sure she's the one. Unfortunately, some of the counties tend to have people with the same "strategy" too.

I respectfully disagree with you

I believe I have much more exposure to Fil-Am relationships than the several anecdotal examples you run across in your perusal of VJ.

As far as being 100% sure, you would restrict that to Filipinos? I would apply that to anyone I would consider sponsoring or marrying.

I think your attitude towards Filipinos is dismissive and shows a lack of tolerance and understanding.

Lowlifes have no borders

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.