BRENTWOOD

Should we move from California to Arizona????

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/9/2018 at 11:29 AM, BRENTWOOD said:

Thank you for your well thought out response I reallly appreciate it! Especially talking to an arizona native haha you are definitely the expert here!

I don't know what it is about Cali but I just can't be sucked into it. It feels just exhausting the life people are living just to stay above water. I can't imagine having kids here and adding that cost into it. I want to have a family in the near future and California just makes it seems like the small normal dreams I want are unachievable and I just don't like that! Yes brutally hot so make sure to have A/C and stay out of peak heat times... for sure especially I'm from Canada haha so either deal with snow or extreme heat :) I am just pretty lost and since I'm new to the US it feels like there are a million options, I just want somewhere that we can live out our dreams a little easier......

Do you think it is a good place to start a family? or start out a life as a new married couple? I feel the pros outweigh the cons in arizona whereas cali the cons seem to outweigh the pros, people suffer for the perfect weather every day I guess haha I will admit the weather is perfect here can't complain about that but my dreams are more important than the weather!

Thanks for your advice! 

I think AZ is a fine place to start a family and start out as a new married couple. Really it just depends on what you make of it. There are many different types of neighborhoods across Phoenix - more family friendly ones in the suburbs and then more vibrant, entertainment friendly ones in the city. Dependent on your political views and general morals, AZ can be frustrating as its a pretty 'conservative' red state. Personally, I try to stay positive and keep my hopes up that it will change some day. It's the biggest downside of AZ for me, but you experience it less in the city areas where there is more diversity and cultural views. 

Anyway, I read your newer posts and 2 weeks seems like an impossible amount of time to move anywhere let alone across the country!! Unless money is no object and you guys have thousands of dollars to spends on moving, staying in a hotel or short-term rental while finding a permanent place to live, etc. I've also been to Chicago and it's amazing, but it's also expensive and has its own pros/cons. I don't think either place is a BAD choice - just make a decision and commit to it. And who knows, it may end up being a good thing that you didn't have time to overthink it or change your mind ;) 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.