Springfield

Expedite F2B processing/visa

22 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2018 at 6:39 PM, Springfield said:

Thanks for your reply

I am still waiting for welcome letter from NVC. I have called NVC a few times, they say you should get WL soon.

When was your petition approved? I'm really surprised you still haven't received WL. Your PD is 4 weeks away from current. 

The way I see it, the only thing you can do right now is call NVC and ask them to send you WL. As the others pointed out, you can't expedite unless your PD is current. Follow the VB closely, as soon as you PD is current, request expedite. 

You would most likely need a joint sponsor, work on that while you're waiting. 

I'm really sorry about your father. Good luck! 

You are supposed to get the Welcome Letter in July 2018. 

The processing time from getting the Welcome Letter to getting the interview letter may takes 2 -3 months.

So if you get the Welcome Letter this month, and get your case completed as soon as possible, maybe you have to wait until November or December to get an interview.

I suggest that you should do these things:

- Write a query to NVC via this form

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Fill in all the field, check the box "Please update my NVC file with this email address" so NVC can send Welcome Letter to you via email.

Type the question: "What is the status of my case? When will I get the Welcome Letter".

Wait for 2 - 6 weeks to get their reply.

- Call NVC again on Monday to ask them about your welcome letter.

- Prepare all the necessary documents so as soon as you get the Welcome Letter, you can submit it to NVC, as well as pay the fees and submit DS-260 online (which takes several weeks to processed). Some documents such as Police certificate may takes several weeks to complete.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Weebee said:

When was your petition approved? I'm really surprised you still haven't received WL. Your PD is 4 weeks away from current. 

The way I see it, the only thing you can do right now is call NVC and ask them to send you WL. As the others pointed out, you can't expedite unless your PD is current. Follow the VB closely, as soon as you PD is current, request expedite. 

You would most likely need a joint sponsor, work on that while you're waiting. 

I'm really sorry about your father. Good luck! 

The I-130 was approved back in September 2012

Thank you

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Triple28 said:

The processing time from getting the Welcome Letter to getting the interview letter may takes 2 -3 months.

So if you get the Welcome Letter this month, and get your case completed as soon as possible, maybe you have to wait until November or December to get an interview.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Fill in all the field, check the box "Please update my NVC file with this email address" so NVC can send Welcome Letter to you via email.

Type the question: "What is the status of my case? When will I get the Welcome Letter".

- Prepare all the necessary documents so as soon as you get the Welcome Letter, you can submit it to NVC, as well as pay the fees and submit DS-260 online (which takes several weeks to processed). Some documents such as Police certificate may takes several weeks to complete.

I have already sent NVC the form query you mentioned and have confirmed from them that they have our email addresses on file.

I will call NVC on Monday again.

Thank you

Timeline
On 8/11/2018 at 10:03 AM, Triple28 said:

I called the NVC. they told me to expect the welcome letter 7-10 days from yesterday.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Di you have a B, have you visited your Father?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Di you have a B, have you visited your Father?

No, I do not have a visitor visa.

I had applied for the same after his surgery but interview officer denied. i kept pleading that i really need this visa, she told me the reason for denial is that you father has applied for your immigration.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.