51 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

It sounds like you have had the same residence address all your life, so yes.

Yes I had the same residence all my life.

Because my family lives here and i live here too with them. But i only went to hostel for my studies. What should i do ? The i130a form says provide(last 5 years addresses) ? Me and my parents never left our house but i only went to hostel because of my studies.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Abdul_Basit said:

Yes I had the same residence all my life.

Because my family lives here and i live here too with them. But i only went to hostel for my studies. What should i do ? The i130a form says provide(last 5 years addresses) ? Me and my parents never left our house but i only went to hostel because of my studies.

You had only one residence all your life.  How can I be more clear?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

4 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

That’s not the kind of address they’re talking about. People need to read posts carefully. They’re talking about if they should list it in the part where it says list your addresses for the past 7 years. My answer to that is yes, you should. Mail isn’t going to that address, they’re just listing a past address. It doesn’t matter if it’s a dorm, or a hotel, or a hostel, or a friend’s house, you still need to list it. 

Yeah You are right. I'm talking about form i130a where the beneficiary has to put last five year addresses. I never left my house(permanent home at my hometown) but only went to hostel and was living there cause of my studies. But i visited my house every week and also in public holidays and summer vacations. I was living in hostels temporary because my college was 60 kilometres away from my house. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Abdul_Basit said:

Yeah You are right. I'm talking about form i130a where the beneficiary has to put last five year addresses. I never left my house(permanent home at my hometown) but only went to hostel and was living there cause of my studies. But i visited my house every week and also in public holidays and summer vacations. I was living in hostels temporary because my college was 60 kilometres away from my house. 

That’s a residence. You need to disclose that. 

2 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You had only one residence all your life.  How can I be more clear?

Let me explain ... 

I'm currently living at the same house where i was born in 1993.(My village house). With my all family. My family is living here from almost 30 years approx. 

I only went to hostel in 2014 because of my studies. I got admission in college which is in another city. 

The difference between my city and the city where the uni is located is 60 kilometres.

But my family was living here in the same house. And now i came back to my house after completing my studies before 5 months. But during studies i visited my family and was living with them during summer vacations and other public holidays. 

So my question should i put the hostels addresses ? Or my address would be my house address where i'm living and my family ?  Should i put only one addresses in the last five year addresses ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Abdul_Basit said:

Let me explain ... 

I'm currently living at the same house where i was born in 1993.(My village house). With my all family. My family is living here from almost 30 years approx. 

I only went to hostel in 2014 because of my studies. I got admission in college which is in another city. 

The difference between my city and the city where the uni is located is 60 kilometres.

But my family was living here in the same house. And now i came back to my house after completing my studies before 5 months. But during studies i visited my family and was living with them during summer vacations and other public holidays. 

So my question should i put the hostels addresses ? Or my address would be my house address where i'm living and my family ?  Should i put only one addresses in the last five year addresses ?

I read your explanation in your first post.  You have only one residence all your life.  So, entering anything else would not be accurate or truthful.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

6 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

That’s a residence. You need to disclose that. 

I'm so confused bro some say don't put the hostels addresses because that was your temporary addresses. And some say put the hostel address. I don't know what to do i have already filled the form i130a but i'm confused that's why. I want to clear it . Because i don't want any problem in future. And i don' want to lie USCIS. Please

Timeline
4 hours ago, Abdul_Basit said:

Yeah. That's why i'm confused. I lived only in hostel for my studies. So should i put my house address only ? 

For God's sake, yes.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

21 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

That’s not the kind of address they’re talking about. People need to read posts carefully. They’re talking about if they should list it in the part where it says list your addresses for the past 7 years. My answer to that is yes, you should. Mail isn’t going to that address, they’re just listing a past address. It doesn’t matter if it’s a dorm, or a hotel, or a hostel, or a friend’s house, you still need to list it. 

Hi! I agree with the ones who say that you should disclose the information about your address. When I filed my 130 and 130a, my husband and I fully disclosed all this information. Keep in mind that they will ask you this information again when you fill in the DS-260 at the NVC stage (and the question there is to mention all your addresses since you are 16. They are very specific and mention: " Please provide the following information on all addresses you lived at since turning sixteen. Previous addresses should only include those addresses at which you established a residence (for example on campus housing where you lived for an academic term at your college or university) and should not include places at which you were temporarily present (for example a hotel at which you stayed for vacation).". So, when my husband and I filed our I-130 and I-130a, we disclosed the information. By doing so, it will be easier for you to fill in the DS-260 in the future and you will avoid problems in the long term with mismatching information. 

19 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

How is this still confusing to you. You write down the address. You lived there. You put it down. Move on to the next question. 

Let me explain during those Four Years at my campus. 

I was at hostel in Jan , feb , march , april , May.... 

But 

In june , july , august i was at my home where my family lives. Because of summer vacations. 

But again ...

From september TO December i was again At hostel. 

So now what should i write ? PLEASE HELP. 

30 minutes ago, alexandramfebles said:

Hi! I agree with the ones who say that you should disclose the information about your address. When I filed my 130 and 130a, my husband and I fully disclosed all this information. Keep in mind that they will ask you this information again when you fill in the DS-260 at the NVC stage (and the question there is to mention all your addresses since you are 16. They are very specific and mention: " Please provide the following information on all addresses you lived at since turning sixteen. Previous addresses should only include those addresses at which you established a residence (for example on campus housing where you lived for an academic term at your college or university) and should not include places at which you were temporarily present (for example a hotel at which you stayed for vacation).". So, when my husband and I filed our I-130 and I-130a, we disclosed the information. By doing so, it will be easier for you to fill in the DS-260 in the future and you will avoid problems in the long term with mismatching information. 

Oh Did you put the hostel addresses ? 

Thank You. In which Year You applied For i130 ? 

17 hours ago, Abdul_Basit said:

Let me explain ... 

We get it!  List your parent’s address as your residence. Sounds like you were home quite a bit. 

14 minutes ago, Abdul_Basit said:

Oh Did you put the hostel addresses ? 

Thank You. In which Year You applied For i130 ? 

Hi! We filed our I-130 last September (2017), and the DS-260 month and a half ago (so, it's recent. I am waiting for my interview date from the NVC). Me (the sponsor) studied abroad in Russia. First, 6 months in one university and then a Master's degree in another university. Obviously, my permanent residence is with my parents in the US, and that is the domicile address in the I-130. But, in the physical address, I wrote all my university dormitories. For the I-130a, my husband (beneficiary) was also a student and he listed his dormitories addresses. One of them was even in the same building, but another room number. We also wrote that. Better to be safe than sorry!

Edited by alexandramfebles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.