51 posts in this topic

Hi please Help. 

I'm really really confused about my addresses.

So my question is, 

I13a requires Last 5 years addresses. 

Currently i'm living in my home which is located in my hometown. Where my parents are living and my whole family. 

But from jan 2014 to december 2017 i was in University which is another city. 60 kilometres away from my home city.

So i had to live in hostels. I lived in different hostels during that time. But visited  my home every week. Because my family is living here since i was born here. And i also came here in my holidays(3 months). So my home in my hometown is my permanent address. 

What should i do ? Should i put the hostel addresses ? But i was here every year during my holidays(3 months) how should i put that time ? It is really confusing ... 

My university was in another city and my home is in different city. 60 kilo distance. 

What should i do ? Please help me ... i'm so confused.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

when u r away at a college your address s considered to be parents house /that is how we use it for student aide and establishing state residency

11 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

when u r away at a college your address s considered to be parents house /that is how we use it for student aide and establishing state residency

So should i put my parents house address for last five year addresses ? I was born here in this house and living here from that time but went to hostel for my college. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Abdul, I am in the US.  My son is in college for 9 months of the year.  His legal address is my home address, not his college dorm or hostel in your case.  I would use your parents address for your home address for the last 5 years.  All documentation regarding the matter will be mailed to that address so your parents will need to inform you of their delivery.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Abdul_Basit said:

So should i put my parents house address for last five year addresses ? I was born here in this house and living here from that time but went to hostel for my college. 

Put your parents house address. 

2 minutes ago, LEO @ ARDNEK said:

Abdul, I am in the US.  My son is in college for 9 months of the year.  His legal address is my home address, not his college dorm or hostel in your case.  I would use your parents address for your home address for the last 5 years.  All documentation regarding the matter will be mailed to that address so your parents will need to inform you of their delivery.

Now i'm also living here with my family. 

But i was thinking maybe it will cause me problem in my visa process. 

6 minutes ago, LEO @ ARDNEK said:

Or i was worried because someone told me. You are lying to USCIS. That's why i asked. Because he told me they can deny your case if u would lie. But thank You.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Abdul_Basit said:

Should i put my date of birth ? Because i'm living here since my childhood. 

Yes that is when you started living in the house 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
51 minutes ago, LEO @ ARDNEK said:

That’s not the kind of address they’re talking about. People need to read posts carefully. They’re talking about if they should list it in the part where it says list your addresses for the past 7 years. My answer to that is yes, you should. Mail isn’t going to that address, they’re just listing a past address. It doesn’t matter if it’s a dorm, or a hotel, or a hostel, or a friend’s house, you still need to list it. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Abdul_Basit said:

Should i put my date of birth ? Because i'm living here since my childhood. 

It sounds like you have had the same residence address all your life, so yes.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.