Bernier53

Manila 2018 DCF Processing Time/Notification Method

30 posts in this topic

8/23/18 Update - Thanks Everyone for this Forum!!  Today we received the email with our MNL Case Number and the instructions told us we could schedule our Embassy Interview, which I've done.  I've completed the DS-260 online application and tomorrow I'll start the I-864 Form.

My DS-260 Application Fee say N/A on the website - is there no fee in Manila??  I can't figure out where/how to pay this fee.

Are there any other fees I should be paying now? Thanks again for all the help!!

44 minutes ago, Bernier53 said:

My DS-260 Application Fee say N/A on the website - is there no fee in Manila??  I can't figure out where/how to pay this fee.

Are there any other fees I should be paying now? Thanks again for all the help!!

I just did it this week.... no fees are payable now, you or your spouse pay with a credit card or cash at the embassy when you do the interview.

Now that you have the case number and appointment, the immigrating person can go to St. Lukes for the medical at any time. No appointment is necessary, first come first served, two days needed. If you pre-register on the website it will save you some time filling out forms in line. Cost is around 19k PHP IIRC.

The Manila embassy website says a CENOMAR is only required for unmarried interviewees. However the website is wrong, make sure and bring a CENOMAR with you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I'm new here. My husband and our twins are all US Citizens and I'm the only one he needs to file a petition for now. We're all living in Manila for the past 7 years. We hope to move back to the US altogether. 

Can anyone please point me to the discussion where the step-by-step process is discussed? Appreciate it. :)

12 hours ago, rhizao said:

Hello! I'm new here. My husband and our twins are all US Citizens and I'm the only one he needs to file a petition for now. We're all living in Manila for the past 7 years. We hope to move back to the US altogether. 

Can anyone please point me to the discussion where the step-by-step process is discussed? Appreciate it. :)

I don't think we have a step by step guide for DCF in Manilla (we do for other countries), but if you look through the threads in this subforum you'll find plenty of people who have gone through DCF in the PH. Here's an example: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/675839-dcf-manila-march-june-2018-recap/

You can also find more information by going to the website for the USCIS field office in the Philippines, https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-immigration-offices . Unfortunately it looks like it's currently down, but that should only be temporary. 

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

On 9/15/2018 at 7:11 PM, rhizao said:

Hello, welcome to VisaJourney!

the process through Manila was pretty simple and took around 3 month for my wife just this year. Have a look at the link Jorge V posted from visajourney and that shows our process. 

The basic process though is:

1. Submit I-130 & I-130A to USCIS Manila. Attend the submittal appointment with your husband as they’ll check everything and identify if you forgot to sign or date anything. 

2. Upon approval wait for MNL case number. 

3. After receipt of MNL case number schedule interview and go to SLEC for medical. 

4. Attend interview and hear the words “you’re visa is approved!”

5. Wait for final processing and receive your passport with visa. 

6. Attend CFO seminar and get sticker in passport (you can attend seminar earlier and come back after Visa in hand to get your sticker in passport). 

Best wishes for speedy approvals!

Edited as I almost forgot...start by contacting USCIS Manila via phone or email and get the current list of submittal requirements:

USCIS MANILA

Department of Homeland Security

Unit 8600 Box, 1575, DPO AP 96515-1575

local address: US Embassy Manila, 1201 Roxas Blvd, Ermita, Manila, 0930 Philippines

Telephone (011.632)  301.2000 x 2224    

Fax (011.632)  301.2208

Email: mphinquiry.cis@uscis.dhs.gov

Edited by Arkitekt-GS
Forgot info

• 2 weeks later...
On August 23, 2018 at 8:16 AM, revjim23 said:

I just did it this week.... no fees are payable now, you or your spouse pay with a credit card or cash at the embassy when you do the interview.

Now that you have the case number and appointment, the immigrating person can go to St. Lukes for the medical at any time. No appointment is necessary, first come first served, two days needed. If you pre-register on the website it will save you some time filling out forms in line. Cost is around 19k PHP IIRC.

The Manila embassy website says a CENOMAR is only required for unmarried interviewees. However the website is wrong, make sure and bring a CENOMAR with you.

Hello, I am with same page with u guys. I just have a question did u send any documents ( step.4-5) to nvc via mail or email. Because I already have appointment for visa interview this coming October 2,2018 and I am done with medical but I didnot send any documents to the nvc  aside the ds-260.  Do I need to cancel my interview and send documents to nvc wait for the reply?

52 minutes ago, Jane_mj said:

Hello, I am with same page with u guys. I just have a question did u send any documents ( step.4-5) to nvc via mail or email. Because I already have appointment for visa interview this coming October 2,2018 and I am done with medical but I didnot send any documents to the nvc  aside the ds-260.  Do I need to cancel my interview and send documents to nvc wait for the reply?

Did you file directly with the embassy in Manilla? Going by your timeline and the fact that you're posting in the DCF forum, then I'm assuming that answer is yes. DCF filers do not deal with NVC, only with the local embassy. Documents normally submitted to the NVC are instead submitted in person at the interview for DCFers.

Even if you didn't file via DCF, NVC would not have scheduled your appointment without receiving and verifying all required docs.

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

10 minutes ago, Jorge V said:

Did you file directly with the embassy in Manilla? Going by your timeline and the fact that you're posting in the DCF forum, then I'm assuming that answer is yes. DCF filers do not deal with NVC, only with the local embassy. Documents normally submitted to the NVC are instead submitted in person at the interview for DCFers.

Even if you didn't file via DCF, NVC would not have scheduled your appointment without receiving and verifying all required docs.

Thank u so much for your quick reply. Yes I did DCF. So I guess I don't need to cancel my interview if that 's the case. Again thank you so much. 

54 minutes ago, Jane_mj said:

If you are doing a DCF the process is a little different than regular NVC processing. You will bring all of the support documents, medical results, etc along with you to the interview in Manila. 

You should have received an email with the subject line "Interview scheduling instructions <case number>". In that email is a link to the Manila embassy instructions for DCF processing. You can find that page here. You should already have accomplished step 2 (print confirmation page from the DS-260). Carry on with steps 3, 4 and 5 to assemble your docs and bring those with you.

As I mentioned earlier, this page says CENOMAR is not required for married applicants. The page is wrong, bring a CENOMAR with you. And bring an NBI clearance that has all your names (ie maiden name) in the "AKA" field. Every name you have ever used from all of your documents must appear somewhere on your NBI clearance. You have been warned!

• 3 weeks later...
On September 27, 2018 at 7:57 PM, revjim23 said:

If you are doing a DCF the process is a little different than regular NVC processing. You will bring all of the support documents, medical results, etc along with you to the interview in Manila. 

You should have received an email with the subject line "Interview scheduling instructions <case number>". In that email is a link to the Manila embassy instructions for DCF processing. You can find that page here. You should already have accomplished step 2 (print confirmation page from the DS-260). Carry on with steps 3, 4 and 5 to assemble your docs and bring those with you.

As I mentioned earlier, this page says CENOMAR is not required for married applicants. The page is wrong, bring a CENOMAR with you. And bring an NBI clearance that has all your names (ie maiden name) in the "AKA" field. Every name you have ever used from all of your documents must appear somewhere on your NBI clearance. You have been warned!

Thank you. I got approved on my visa interview. Already got my visa and now waiting For our flight going to US. Btw can I apply green card now even tho I am not in the US yet.?

1 hour ago, Jane_mj said:

Thank you. I got approved on my visa interview. Already got my visa and now waiting For our flight going to US. Btw can I apply green card now even tho I am not in the US yet.?

You don’t technically need to apply for a greencard(as your CR-1 visa will become a temporary greencard once stamped at POE), but you do need to pay a fee online before your greencard will be issued. Once you get your visa packet you can go online at myuscis and use your DOS case ID, personal info and A-number to login and pay the fee. That way, as soon as you enter the US your greencard will be in the production queue. It took a month for my wife’s card to arrive after we entered the US. 

3 hours ago, Jane_mj said:

Btw can I apply green card now even tho I am not in the US yet.?

2 hours ago, Arkitekt-GS said:

You don’t technically need to apply for a greencard(as your CR-1 visa will become a temporary greencard once stamped at POE), but you do need to pay a fee online before your greencard will be issued. Once you get your visa packet you can go online at myuscis and use your DOS case ID, personal info and A-number to login and pay the fee. That way, as soon as you enter the US your greencard will be in the production queue. It took a month for my wife’s card to arrive after we entered the US. 

Yes I agree with Akitekt-GS. Your visa packet (do NOT open the packet) will have instructions for paying your green card fee online. That fee is currently $220 and you should pay it before you depart for the US. That's all you have left to do as far as I know.

Congrats on the approval, best of luck in the states!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.