Bernier53

Manila 2018 DCF Processing Time/Notification Method

30 posts in this topic

HI,

I filed an I-130 for my wife on May 23rd, 2018 at the Manila US Embassy.  I followed all the advise I found here and I believe I submitted everything required including the G-1145 Electronic Form.  Today is July 31st, 2018, so it's been 69 Days.  I have NOT received an email saying USCIS received my application and I just get an automated response when I email them for a status update.  Can anyone tell me:

#1 - should I have gotten a confirmation that USCIS received my application ???

#2- will they email me when we are approved or do they mail the approval to my address in the Philippines???

Any help would be great, Thank you!

I filed an I-130 for my wife in Manila in early June, so we're in the same boat. Back when I filed, VJ posts about DCFs seemed to think it would take about a month to get to the next step. It kinda feels like the gov't has deliberately hit the brakes on spousal visas for some reason.

I can't answer your questions but I can sympathize with you. Hope both of us get letters real soon. Best of luck.

Jim

Hi Both, we went through the process with a March 16th submittal at the embassy. You’ll have the payment receipt from the cashier, but no NOA1 for DCF filing. We had prepared the G-1145 also, but they had us fill out a Manila specific contact form while they checked completeness of the petition, and then had us both sign so they could release info to either of us. 

Our I-130 was approved May 17 so right about 2 months. I know of some folks who have taken 2 weeks and others with 3 months. It seems to be a bit of variance per person. I would say call them frequently Manila CIS was better about providing responses and updates on the phone. 

You will receive an email when approved. Then an email from the IV department a few days / weeks later with your case number. 

Wish you the best in your journey!

3 hours ago, Arkitekt-GS said:

No problem. You can call +63 (2) 301-2224. Let me know if you need anything else. 

I just called and was surprised when a real human answered who was fully competent and had the authority to look up my case. Good job USA. :)

Unfortunately the only information I could get was, "Your petition is still being processed."

1 hour ago, revjim23 said:

I just called and was surprised when a real human answered who was fully competent and had the authority to look up my case. Good job USA. :)

Unfortunately the only information I could get was, "Your petition is still being processed."

Well getting a human is the first step 😀. I got that response a few times but kept bugging weekly in the second month and magically the approval email came. If you’re on a tight timeline (my apartment lease was ending and we needed to move to US in my case) you can mention that to the person on the phone and they’ll at least put an expedite request in the file for you (or at least they said they did for me). You’re getting close likely though!

The G-1145 is only  for use when submitting a petition to a USCIS lockbox stateside.  USEM first contact with you will be if they approve the petition or need additional information. They will contact by email.

Edited by BlueDevil1442

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Bernier53 said:

8/15/18 Update:

Thanks for the Phone Number - I was able to talk to a human also and they told us we were APPROVED yesterday and our case was sent to NVC!!

I did the same thing 2 weeks ago and got an immediate approval. Still waiting for the next letter though....  you can't schedule an interview or do the medical until you get a case number.

Great news for you both! Note, if you’re doing DCF they don’t actually send to NVC, just downstairs to the immigrant visa dept.  could be a few days to maybe 10 days or so to get the case number. Email IVManilaReplies@state.gov and keep emailing them (as an embassy worker told me) and you should get the case number soon! Don’t bother calling the hotline for visas as it’s just a call center outside the embassy and all they can do is check if you have a number and email the immigrant visa dept to follow up. You’re in the home stretch!

When you do get to schedule the appointment, if you get one long out, you can check a few times a day or even hourly and likely get one much sooner. Just give yourself enough time for the medical in case there is a hiccup (my wife had to go 3 or 4 days in a row for some stupid reason that turned out to be nothing, when normally it is just 2 days). 

8/20/18 Update - Just called USCIS and was told again that our I-130 Petition was Approved  on 8/14 - No Confirmation email has been sent to date.  The lady on the phone said once it's sent to immigration it's out of there hands

I've Emailed IVMANILAREPLIES@state.gov 5 times and I just get an automated response back each time

Should I be worried something is wrong?

9 hours ago, Bernier53 said:

8/20/18 Update - Just called USCIS and was told again that our I-130 Petition was Approved  on 8/14 - No Confirmation email has been sent to date.  The lady on the phone said once it's sent to immigration it's out of there hands

I've Emailed IVMANILAREPLIES@state.gov 5 times and I just get an automated response back each time

Should I be worried something is wrong?

I wouldn’t be concerned yet. Maybe give a few days before emailing again. Our case number took approx 11 days to arrive even with bugging the immigrant visa department (5/17 I-130 approved, 6/1 case number). There seems to be no rhyme or reason on timing to issue the case number so just hang in there. You’re close!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.