Floflo

February and March 2018 filers on B1/B2 visa for AOS on C9

27 posts in this topic

Do we have people who came in with B1/B2 visa now adjusting by USC marriage?

If yes, can we encourage one another

Tell us your process, where you are, challenges etc.

Those who had gotten theirs

We would like to hear from you too

Even the kind of questions asked.

Good luck to everyone as we wait it out

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I have a question.  How difficult was it to just suddenly decide to leave everything behind in your country when you only planned to remain in the US for a temporary visit?  This question has always puzzled me.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, missileman said:

I have a question.  How difficult was it to just suddenly decide to leave everything behind in your country when you only planned to remain in the US for a temporary visit?  This question has always puzzled me.

Was it really suddenly though? 

Just now, CheeseMonstah said:

Was it really suddenly though? 

I don't think it was sudden

Life happens

Love find us when many of us were not looking

Example i lived in UK, do visit US and go back on one of those visit i met the love of my life and the rest became history.

Love makes it happens.

We can find it anywhere

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Floflo said:

Life happens

Example i lived in UK, do visit US and go back on one of those visit i met the love of my life and the rest became history.

Love makes it happens.

We can find it anywhere

Must have been a whirlwind romance since you came for a temporary visit but suddenly decided to stay and adjust status.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Floflo said:

Life happens

Love makes it happens.

We can find it anywhere

So you left your home, most of your clothes and all possessions behind?

That's brave. I'd be worried about unpaid rent/mortgage back home, if I only came for a short trip I'd worry about my clothes, abandoning my job, my family... If I had a chance I'd go back home, settle things and come back on a K1 visa or something like that.

Unless of course one never had any intention of coming back....

I loss my job, yes my cloths i told my sister to handle it or when i come by december . the tenancy agreement the removed my name this year. As soon as it was obvious i wont go back. Someone else took over my room but i paid for the month i wasn't there till an occupant took over. It was just a 2 bedroom with 2 people living in it only.

Other things i will take care of when i go back by end of the year. Haven't really been long here like 13 to 14 months but will definitely go back and tidy up things. Somehow i am used to UK trying to adjust here all cause of love

Luckily for me, my family do comes and goes too. Right now my sister and Mom are here ,Dad is dead. Will go back soon

I missed few of my friends but such is life. Never knew i will find love in the states, wasn't looking for it but here it is

Just a forewarning people on this site get bitter at people who adjust status from a tourist visa. It is unfathomable for most that they could just decide to stay in a country suddenly while only on a vacation and having responsibilities back home. There is just no possible way most people would be able to leave everything behind. There are responsibilities, belongings, jobs, bills and family to consider. Prior immigration intent is almost always assumed. 

When others see people adjusting from a tourist visa they feel it is unfair that they have to wait a very long time to do it the right way. It's frustrating. You won't get much positive from this post i suspect.

8 hours ago, EmmNM said:

Just a forewarning people on this site get bitter at people who adjust status from a tourist visa. It is unfathomable for most that they could just decide to stay in a country suddenly while only on a vacation and having responsibilities back home. There is just no possible way most people would be able to leave everything behind. There are responsibilities, belongings, jobs, bills and family to consider. Prior immigration intent is almost always assumed. 

When others see people adjusting from a tourist visa they feel it is unfair that they have to wait a very long time to do it the right way. It's frustrating. You won't get much positive from this post i suspect.

Really? Thanks for the heads up

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just had this very same conversation with someone today whom was seeking advice..Married someone while they were here on a visitor visa and now doing AOS which baffles me because it isn't fair to the people who done it the correct way and have to wait it out such as myself...This is what makes it harder for others to obtain a visitors/tourist visa who really have good intentions on returning whereas others have intent on staying and never returning to their country..This is what the lawmakers need to be strict on and change the guidelines on these types of visas that are being misused....

29 minutes ago, OlayemiLoray said:

I just had this very same conversation with someone today whom was seeking advice..Married someone while they were here on a visitor visa and now doing AOS which baffles me because it isn't fair to the people who done it the correct way and have to wait it out such as myself...This is what makes it harder for others to obtain a visitors/tourist visa who really have good intentions on returning whereas others have intent on staying and never returning to their country..This is what the lawmakers need to be strict on and change the guidelines on these types of visas that are being misused....

It makes it near impossible for some countries people to get tourist visas.

21 minutes ago, OlayemiLoray said:

Wow! You're an immigrant may be not yet situated here and you're feeling so entitled like this. Maybe the real owners of the land will stop any form of migration to their country. If you're literate enough which i guessed you are from your write up 

You should know one coming as visitor, finding love and getting married is not illegal same way one might meet someone somewhere else Then come in as fiance. 

I have been coming to this country for more than 8 years and have visited upto 15 times . infact i have visited more than 11 countries even if i have not and was just coming in for the first time and find love. You can't stop it such is life or expect everyone to have same destiny like you.

Who are you to question the intent of another.

Maybe as you're upset others are getting situated just as you are and want lawmakers to stop it.

They should all stop all form of migration.

See an immigrant feeling so entitled 

Wow! I am bamboozled

You sat on your high horse and know people who comes with B1B2 and get married are misusing the visa then we can also say those coming in on KVisa are also misusing it.

I am legal in UK even as i found love

Maybe is your people that is abusing the B1B2 visa.

Imagined as my family chooses US for vacation as usual and wil go back maybe one day one of them find love here.

Someone whos opinion doesn't matter who gets situated by adjustment will talk.

Human being baffles me.

It is a pity you're feeling so bad maybe you should take a chill water and learn to relax, live and let live

1 minute ago, Floflo said:

You sat on your high horse and know people who comes with B1B2 and get married are misusing the visa then we can also say those coming in on KVisa are also misusing it.

K class visas support dual intent, making the issue of intent a moot point.

If an opinion doesn't matter, ignore it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

37 minutes ago, OlayemiLoray said:

4 minutes ago, Floflo said:

Wow! You're an immigrant may be not yet situated here and you're feeling so entitled like this. Maybe the real owners of the land will stop any form of migration to their country. If you're literate enough which i guessed you are from your write up 

You should know one coming as visitor, finding love and getting married is not illegal same way one might meet someone somewhere else Then come in as fiance. 

I have been coming to this country for more than 8 years and have visited upto 15 times . infact i have visited more than 11 countries even if i have not and was just coming in for the first time and find love. You can't stop it such is life or expect everyone to have same destiny like you.

Who are you to question the intent of another.

Maybe as you're upset others are getting situated just as you are and want lawmakers to stop it.

They should all stop all form of migration.

See an immigrant feeling so entitled 

Wow! I am bamboozled

I am legal in UK even as i found love

Maybe is your people that is abusing the B1B2 visa.

Imagined as my family chooses US for vacation as usual and wil go back maybe one day one of them find love here.

Someone whos opinion doesn't matter who gets situated by adjustment will talk.

Human being baffles me.

It is a pity you're feeling so bad maybe you should take a chill water and learn to relax, live and let live

I don't believe OlayemiLoray was being rude at all. They were expressing their opinion in a respectful way. Not bashing the OP at all. Now as far your reply, that was a bit rude. 

Floflo nobody ever said you didn't have good intentions when you entered the US. But some people do. And many see that as unfair. People get very heated on this topic. I honestly wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.