9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all, 

When I attended my medical in London they advised  me that I was missing an mmr2 shot, I chose to get this done for free by my GP (nhs) after. I have now done this and I got the doctor to print out a list of the vaccinations I’ve had for AOS. Now I’m slightly concerned they will not accept this as proof of my vaccinations once I get to the states next week. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you!

Edited by Todd L F

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Todd L F said:

Hello all, 

When I attended my medical in London they advised  me that I was missing an mmr2 shot, I chose to get this done for free by my GP (nhs) after. I have now done this and I got the doctor to print out a list of the vaccinations I’ve had for AOS. Now I’m slightly concerned they will not accept this as proof of my vaccinations once I get to the states next week. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you!

Quick question, you said you are going to the States next week. So you have had your interview and have your visa already?

@Wuozopo Think this one might be for you! 

At your medical did the doctor give you a copy of form DS-3025?  If so, and the box labeled "US vaccination requirements COMPLETE" is checked you're good to go.  If not you, will be required to have a Civil Surgeon here in the U.S. fill out form I-693.  The Civil Surgeon may accept your documentation as proof and simply sign the form, but, more likely than not, he/she will want to administer the vaccine again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Todd L F said:

Hello all, 

Thank you!

You got a free shot but you will now have to pay a US civil surgeon to put that shot on an immigration form. USCIS will not take your GP's form but a civil surgeon will accept it and copy your shots to form I-693 to include with AOS.  If you read the instructions to the I-693, you will find that a K1 does not need a full medical exam since you just had one, but must have the vaccination portion filled out and signed off by the Civil surgeon.

Unfortunately you may have to call 10 offices on the civil surgeon list trying to find one who doesn't want to do a full medical exam and TB skin test before he will do the needed immunisation part. You may not even find one and will spend hundreds of dollars. Don't simply make an appointment with the closest civil surgeon. Ask their prices to fill out the immunisation portion only and make sure they are not planning a $300 full medical exam before you agree to the appointment. 

You could have avoided this hassle and expense in the US by getting your MMR at Knightsbridge clinic so they could sign you off on an accepted immigration form (DS-3025).

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You got a free shot but you will now have to pay a US civil surgeon to put that shot on an immigration form. USCIS will not take your GP's form but a civil surgeon will accept it and copy your shots to form I-693 to include with AOS.  If you read the instructions to the I-693, you will find that a K1 does not need a full medical exam since you just had one, but must have the vaccination portion filled out and signed off by the Civil surgeon.

Unfortunately you may have to call 10 offices on the civil surgeon list trying to find one who doesn't want to do a full medical exam and TB skin test before he will do the needed immunisation part. You may not even find one and will spend hundreds of dollars. Don't simply make an appointment with the closest civil surgeon. Ask their prices to fill out the immunisation portion only and make sure they are not planning a $300 full medical exam before you agree to the appointment. 

You could have avoided this hassle and expense in the US by getting your MMR at Knightsbridge clinic so they could sign you off on an accepted immigration form (DS-3025).

Wow,  they made it sound like not so a big deal at the medical. Guess I bummed out big time here

Timeline
1 hour ago, ddtenor2 said:

At your medical did the doctor give you a copy of form DS-3025?  If so, and the box labeled "US vaccination requirements COMPLETE" is checked you're good to go.  If not you, will be required to have a Civil Surgeon here in the U.S. fill out form I-693.  The Civil Surgeon may accept your documentation as proof and simply sign the form, but, more likely than not, he/she will want to administer the vaccine again.

I’ve got the copy yes,  but “k visa applicant electing not to be vaccinated at this examination” is checked. 🙁 I wish they told me this would have been so complicated for me now.

Not really complicated...but an additional expense.  My fiancee had everything but the flu vaccine.  The Civil Surgeon wanted to to do the entire physical all over again, but I was adamant that all that was required was the missing vaccine.  The surgeon still charged us $200 plus the cost of the vaccine, which, fortunately, our health insurance covered.

Good luck with your situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.