angelou

January 5 K1 applicant

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

January 5 here and still have not hearing anything ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ One from ny facebook group messenger already got approved and they are Jan 16... are we being skipped?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

you have to have patience with immigration. Everything takes time. We waited 9 month to be together with K-1

8/7/2017ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  NOA-1

3/1/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  NOA-2

3/15/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  NVC case received

3/22/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Consulate ready

4/11/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Medical

4/17/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Visa Approved

4/24/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Visa on hand

5/23/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity,ย 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

They don't process cases 100% in order. You just have to wait and give it time. Once the processing times are update - don't stress. It says that they are processing cases with the date of x and after. Yours just might not be the first processed, but then again, no ones is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, angelou said:

January 5 here and still have not hearing anything ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ One from ny facebook group messenger already got approved and they are Jan 16... are we being skipped?

NOV 1st filer here and still waiting. they have barely started January. be patient.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
18 minutes ago, angelou said:

Make sure you check the new website! ย โค๏ธ

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

ย 

ย 

I know it seems unfair that they don't process cases exactly in order. I'm not sure why but maybe it has to do with the length of background check. I have no idea.ย 

ย 

I will say its helpful to join this thread:

ย 

additionally there was someone on there with an noa1 of January 4th that didn't see on the new website or the old an approval but when he called the uscisย they told him it was approved. Some people are wondering if possibly the sites are not updating correctly? Also, I wouldn't start getting stressed unless you are well before the cases they post in processing times. Today they are on December 19th.

Edited by EmmNM

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, angelou said:

ย 

Nope, you haven't been skipped. They don't process applications in chronological order.ย 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

be patient. there is no rhyme or reason and they do not go in exact order.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019ย ย ย  NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019ย ย ย ย ย  Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019ย ย ย  APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

ย 

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

ย 

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20ย ย ย ย  Mailed packet

4/12/20 ย  NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ย 

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

ย 

Timeline

It is taking so long this time tho... we will hit the & month of waiting soon... :(

ย 

I can't do anything but just to wait.. it seems like it will take more than that... But I even more feel bad for those Dec that are still waiting..

Timeline
4 hours ago, GreatDane said:

They don't process cases 100% in order. You just have to wait and give it time. Once the processing times are update - don't stress. It says that they are processing cases with the date of x and after. Yours just might not be the first processed, but then again, no ones is.

I noticed that they usually start processing like mid weeks of a month and go later with first week.. just like what happened In Novemeber

Timeline
4 hours ago, EmmNM said:

I know it seems unfair that they don't process cases exactly in order. I'm not sure why but maybe it has to do with the length of background check. I have no idea.ย 

ย 

I will say its helpful to join this thread:

ย 

additionally there was someone on there with an noa1 of January 4th that didn't see on the new website or the old an approval but when he called the uscisย they told him it was approved. Some people are wondering if possibly the sites are not updating correctly? Also, I wouldn't start getting stressed unless you are well before the cases they post in processing times. Today they are on December 19th.

I saw that too! someone called and found out their approval over the phone... we'll wait until next week We'll hit the 7 months of waiting on Aug 9.. Just feeling a bit frustrated cos people from my group who submitted after us alreadyย ย got approved.. It's like they are starting mid weeks then go later with the first week

Timeline
4 hours ago, usmsbow said:

ย 

Nope, you haven't been skipped. They don't process applications in chronological order.ย 

yeahhh I know just feeling frustrated when because people who submitted after us were already approved

*~*~*moved from โ€œprocess and proceduresโ€ to โ€œprogress reportsโ€*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

ย 

Now a US citizen!

If petitions were processed in chronological order, they would likely still be processing January 2017 as there are cases that simply just take a long time. It sucks that some people are "skipped" but remember that every case is different, and that if the system did not work this way you would most likely not be waiting less, but more.

ย 

We have one person who is a September 2017 filer who is still waiting. I believe there are also people from June 2017 on here still waiting. Hang in there.

h

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.