CG&LGG

Does this apply to ROC as well?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/AFM_10_Standards_for_RFEs_and_NOIDs_FINAL2.pdf

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/visa-policy-changes/index.html

Denials are issued now without RFEs. So no more RFEs just a straight denial.....

The CNN article says "Visas", but the Memo from USCIS even includes AOS.

So do you think this applies to us going through ROC as well? 

It also states straight denials for not sending initial evidence. So does this include the relationship evidence? The sharing of assets and proof of relationship?

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think it's a great idea and it must save USCIS so much time instead of having to issue RFE's and RIE. Especially for RIE, I mean if you don't send in all your required documents you were clearly not ready to file yet and shouldn't have done so. 

Edited by Unidentified

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

read the actual USCIS report

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-policy-guidance-certain-requests-evidence-and-notices-intent-deny

says all applications except for daca

to prevnt a problem follow the USCIS rules for subitting an application and send all supporting documments

Edited by kris&me

I'd say this isn't a bad thing. Apply when you're ready to do so, there are so many people who put in an app and say "Oh I didn't send XYZ, I'll just wait for the RFE." because they know that when an RFE comes their case is getting close to done and it also gives them time to collect proofs and such.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

2 minutes ago, Naes said:

I agree, I saw many filers getting rfe for almost the whole list! Basically they only sent I-129f... waste of time of adjudicators and ours.

Agreed, an incredible waste.

I checked the instructions for ROC and it seems that relationship evidence showing that you entered the marriage in good faith is required. What is included in this category will obviously vary from case to case though - whereas a copy of a permanent residency card is always a copy of a permanent residency card, and omitting that would most likely warrant a rejection - so I doubt they will just reject your case without RFE/NOID if you have submitted at least one piece of evidence that falls under this category. Because how can they reject you for excluding something they don't even know you had in the first place.

h

I can see it cutting down on processing times, because they're not having to put a file on hold and wait potentially weeks and weeks on end before they can start working on it again. I just hope it doesn't include a straight up denial for people who have sent what they believe to be plenty of evidence, but it wasn't enough. But I can't see that happening either. 

At the end of my journey!

April 26th 2019 I became a United States Citizen!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all,

That seems to answer my question and what my concern was. We are in the middle of ROC, and while I am not worried that I omitted a specific required document, my worry was about the marriage evidence. 

We sent them everything except for a mortgage.

Our list includes: copy of bank statement for every month of marriage, quarterly credit card statements where Luis is an authorized user, health insurance cards, life insurance policies, tax return transcripts for every year, affidavits from 2 friends, an affidavit from my mother stating we lived with her for a short time after Luis moved here, lots of photos, and plane tickets.

Edited by CG&LGG

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

2 minutes ago, CG&LGG said:

Hi all,

That seems to answer my question and what my concern was. We are in the middle of ROC, and while I am not worried that I omitted a specific required document, my worry was about the marriage evidence. 

We sent them everything on the list except for a mortgage.

Our list includes: copy of bank statement for every month of marriage, quarterly credit card statements where Luis is an authorized user, health insurance cards, life insurance policies, tax return transcripts for every year, affidavits from 2 friends, an affidavit from my mother stating we lived with her for a short time after Luis moved here, lots of photos, and plane tickets.

You have included plenty. I cannot see how they could ever reject you under the new policy with regards to relationship evidence. 

"Dear applicant,

We have rejected your application I-751 to Remove of Conditions on a Green card through Marriage because you failed to include the birth certificates of the children you do not have"

Nope, I think you will be fine.

h

*** Moved to "US Immigration News and Discussion" ***

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I guess this means that everyone should read the instruction fully and include all documents in the petition, sorry to sound harsh but he is the reality of it. If you are not ready to file because of incomplete documentation. These problems are all preventable by the petitioner

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked in favour of an existing thread on this topic.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.