3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We started this whole process in 2016 which was 2-3 months after we got married. February 2016 we send in the first application. Ehen november came around we send in a waiver and waited to get approved by NVC. The visa was approved by NVC first by summer 2017. Then NVC send us the approval for the waiver around January 2018. This is what took the longest time for us. On march we received a notice that it was approved and to wait for an appt date for the consulate of juarez mexico. We received a notice with the date a month later for june 13. We went to Juarez my husband did medical exam first then he did fingerprints the next day. The following day we had the interview and i waited for him outside for about 2hours and he came out with a blue sheet saying it was incomplete. He was asked if he had recent taxes and we didnt bring them so our cade was left on Administration processing, the blue sheet he received had instruction but when our lawyer and my sister were in the middle of getting forms and documents ready we received an email changing the instruction around 6pm that same day. Our lawyer did our paperwork my sister got the needed documents. Friday of that week June 15 all documents were sent to us from California and didnt received them til tuesdsy of the following week. Let me tell you the worst part of all of this is waiting and cant do anything. On tuesday was received at a local DHL just to be send out at the DHL location next to the juarez consulate. After 4-5 days after everything was send in my husband case status change from Administration processing to ISSUED!! After it was issued we still had to wait another couple of days to receive confirmation of the package delivered to DHL for pick up that was thursday morning june 28th. That same morning we packed our stuff head out towards el paso to the bridge to head out to give the packet to immigration and he got his mexican passport stamped and we left mexico amd took a bus from el paso to los angeles california. We have been back home for almost to weeks and yesterday july 10 he received his social security card and now he is waiting for his green card to get here. We still dont have a tracking number for the green card but i keep checking the case status with a receipt number given when i paid the fee for the greencard the day we left. If anyone had questions let me know. I knoe this wasnt soo detailed lol

Edited by Alexxmm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, mal3104 said:

Hi, I have a question you mentioned that you sent your waiver to the NVC and was approved and then you went to the interview at the consulate. is this a new thing? I went thru this a couple years ago and I think there has been changes bc before you submitted waiver in ciudad Juarez

We send in the visa application with a waiver and they replied and approved the visa first then took couple more months to approve the waiver. Once we got waiver approved we applied to get the interview date in juarez. Our lawyer send in the waiver with the rest of the packet for NVC to get approve because if he left to juarez they can make him stay there. 

I have a friend that applied for visa got approved then filed to get the appointment and the day his wife went they approved her but she had to stay in mexico for about a year Before she received her visa.

Edited by Alexxmm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.