ariarod

Abandoned K1 Visa: want to start over again?

70 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, ariarod said:

Oh really? I even spoke to him about immigrating to the UK but we all know that is MUCH harder and stricter than immigrating to the US. :) 

The UK is a much better place imo. But I’m willing to live in the US just to be with him. 

Awnnnn that is so cute and loving....sacrifice your great life in UK for a internet love....That is true love story. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

14 minutes ago, ariarod said:

But i’m not getting married for a green card only :). I’m not from a poor country, I’m from the UK and have just as much opportunities (just won’t be with my loved one). My intentions are just to be with him. 

USCIS looks at your entire relationship and all the initial circumstances from the beginning to the present and they do make a judgement on that. On a public forum such as this, you're allowed to say, "Please don't pass judgement on my circumstances." But good luck saying that to a federal agent who's been TRAINED to pass judgement on people's relationships.

If your intentions are truly to be with him, do this the right way and visit him a few more times before marrying him. Marrying someone on your first visit to that person just screams desperation and naivetie. Unfortunately your age IS a contributing factor to those things.

Edited by mushroomspore

1 hour ago, Going through said:

Your country of origin is not listed in your profile....so just to add to what everyone else is saying:

If your also coming from a high-fraud country, be prepared for even extra scrutiny ontop of the scrutiny you will already be facing with the prior K1 filing under your belt.

Hopefully your country of origin is lower down the list so as to not add to already-present issues.

I’m from the UK. 

5 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

Hahaha this post is very surreal. No wonder why USCIS has to analyze everything with so much scrutiny. Ohh the good old days where the interview wasn't required in some cases lol

Yes I don't understand why some people try to downplay how significant and scrutinizing USCIS are. Immigration in the US (a highly developed powerful country) has always been very tough. They're not forgiving people and institutions. It needs to be taken very seriously. To not do so is extremely foolish. There's that saying, "Love is not enough." This is so true with relationships. It's not enough to just love someone and be in love. It takes a lot of work. You and your loved one WILL disappoint each other in some ways because we're human. It is definitely not enough to tell a federal agent, "But we're in love!". To think that that might be enough is immature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Inappropriate posts and quoted replies removed. The OP's question has been answered and this thread is devolving. It is now locked and not to be restarted.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.