ariarod

Abandoned K1 Visa: want to start over again?

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

You are in a position that a lot of us members are not. You have the ability to visit your partner with the VWP. You have no reason to rush. Go and take some trips and get to know each other better. At least 2 visits or 1 long visit before applying for K1

10 hours ago, Going through said:

Did you actually get approved for the prior K1, or is it still pending?  Your other thread this morning implies that you have just decided to abandon the process.

Have your ex fiance do a formal withdrawal of the K1 before filing any new petition, is my advice.  If the old petition is not withdrawn, could possibly affect the new one.

I got approved for my K1, just waiting for it to end which will be in September. 

2 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

You're jumping into an ESTA marriage right after your K1. 

I’ve already had an ESTA before I applied for my K1, all I’d need to do is apply again. How else am I going to go back and visit the US? I don’t see a problem with just going for a visit after an abandoned K1. It’s not illegal. 

4 hours ago, florida racer 73 said:

My guess would be the talking to this man led to the break up from last fiancee and subsequent abandon of the last k1, I hate to say it but a previous member mentioned visa shopping and that is what this sounds like.

just my opinion.

Op, just please think long and hard about your choices for yourself and the new American man you are involved with and be prepareed for alot of questions and scrunity during your immigration journey.

Yeah well, this is exactly why I didn’t want to go through with the K1. Yes I was in love with my fiancé during the whole 9 months of waiting for my visa and during my interview, but relationships fall apart and this is not an uncommon thing. But the truth will set you free as they say :). I’m not one to do anything illegal. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ariarod said:

It’s called love, sweetie. 

Ow honey....that is so loving of you and him, cyber love.....I was wondering when you were going to post back so I could ask if you had already falling in love with someone else "cybernetically". 

Love with a certain requirement, it has to be a USC. Good luck loving girl. :P

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

11 minutes ago, ariarod said:

I got approved for my K1, just waiting for it to end which will be in September. 

What do you mean end? Your petitiner needs to officialy cancel the petition. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Just now, florida racer 73 said:

Hey, do whatever makes you happy. It is no ones decision but yours. As the saying goes, it is your life.

you asked for opinions and information and we gave it based on your information provided.

i just have one question, did your previous engagement fall apart because your previous fiancee found out you were talking and making plans with another man?

It fell apart because he was abusive (had a lot of arguments and what not). And I had no one to turn to, so I turned the other guy for emotional support. 

4 hours ago, Unidentified said:

You don't even truly know this guy but you know you're ready to get married? Smells fishy. 

I agree.  Somethings rotten in Denmark.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.