22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
15 hours ago, Wismer said:

Thank you.  So, are we looking at another 3 to 6+ months to complete this? I see that in the USCIS history web page, the K1 process has more than doubled in elapsed time since 2016.

Once our I-129 was approved, he arrived in less than two months.  Do not despair!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Wismer said:

Thank you. So, what exactly were we applying for with the I-129F? I.e an "application" for what?

The I-129F is the petition to be APPROVED just to apply for the K-1 Visa. They do aggressive background checks to see if you even qualify to apply. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

On 7/10/2018 at 8:00 PM, adil-rafa said:

everyone goes thru the interview at embassy in Canada

petitioner gets all correspandence

No one goes through an interview at the US embassy in Canada for K1 or IR1/CR1.  All K1 and IR1/CR1 do go through interviews at the US Consulate in Montreal, Canada.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 7/13/2018 at 9:53 AM, NikLR said:

No one goes through an interview at the US embassy in Canada for K1 or IR1/CR1.  All K1 and IR1/CR1 do go through interviews at the US Consulate in Montreal, Canada.  

montreal is in Canada

8 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

montreal is in Canada

Really? Lol. Yes I am quite aware of where Montreal is located.  

There is a difference between the US Embassy located in Ottawa, Canada, and the US Consulates located in many cities across Canada but specifically in Montreal for immigrant interviews.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi. I just received the electronic email notice "Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal.".

The first step is stated as assigning myself as "agent", but the CEAC site is consistently stating the site is down to file my DS-261. Is there another way to file this form? (The link to the fee payment is also not working)

Also, I have read that for the interview I am expected to bring originals of *all* documents we submitted for the I-129F application. Is this true? I need to reorder all docs because the original application will not be forwarded to the consulate general? It took months to get the original/official docs for the I-129F.

And finally, the alert I got implies that an interview date is already scheduled approx 1 month out. I suspect when i receive the paper documentation from the consulate I will know for sure - but wanted to double check if I actually need to schedule the interview,  and misinterpreted the electronic alert notice I got.

Thank you for any and all insight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.