Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,457 posts in this topic

Well, you've got to realize that obtaining a tourist visa (b2) while having immigrant intent, will be a pain of everyone no matter your country. 

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello Everyone, just want to share my experience.

Yesterday I arrived at JFK from Italy with the ESTA to spend 5 weeks with my fiance. 

Since it wasn't my first visit, I was allowed to use the APC kiosks and I had zero problems.

The CBP agent stamped my passport without any hesitation, he only asked me if it was a vacation or business trip, how long I was staying and if I was traveling alone.

It was smooth and fast, I was outside in less than 10 minutes ( included the waiting line).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Like others before I want to share my experience when arriving at EWR airport, tourist visa. My facts:Last stay: lasted 6 months; from the last 12 months I spent 9 in the USA with my fiance.

For obvious reasons this was a red flag for CBP, so I was interviewed by an officer who asked why I spent all this time in the country and what did I do during this time, the only documentation I had with me was a copy of my NOA, all valid questions to ask. After at least 1 hour with the officer he allowed me entry to the USA, not with out warning me that if I do not leave the country by the date I was telling him, my visa and petitionn process would be canceled and I'd have to start all over again. 

After my experience, I believe that anyone with a tourist visa can visit with no problem, however bear in mind your previous visits and duration, other than that I think for people from countries requiring visa and with a visa in hand, if planing on visiting your fiance I do not think It will be difficult to get entry into the country.

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, DeepakChani said:

Question:Can beneficiary visit the US after interview is scheduled? My question is Canada-specific but can apply to others.

Yes

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiance and I have planned for him to visit over the holidays, from November 20th to January 1st. Our K-1 Petition was accepted March 8, 2018 and we are currently awaiting our NOA2. 

My question is, will there by flexibility regarding when his interview would be? I'm assuming, based on timelines I have seen from others from Australia, that we will get our NOA2 by the end of September. We would prefer that he do his interview in January after he returns to Australia, but I have not been able to find a clear answer regarding how scheduling the interview works. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

So me and my fiancé are still awaiting our noa2. Im reading the next steps and wondering if it’s possible I can stay with him after the noa 2 is received until we can come to the USA. To do so I would have to take a leave from my job or quit but if I’m reading correctly I have enough assets already for the AOS. Just wondering if it’s smart to do so and won’t mess anything up in living with him for 3 or 4 months

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to put in my experience of travelling to see my fiance. On August 16, 2018 I drove to the Lewiston-Queenston Port of Entry. I was asked a couple of questions by the CBP Officer, was given a smile and was sent on my way. It was breezy and although I was super freaking nervous it went exactly how I hoped it would. I got to spend a long weekend with my love and am no longer scared for future visits. I will say though I did come prepared with my lease and a job letter, just in case they asked for strong ties to Canada.

It's about being up front and honest, and of course any documentation to prove that you will be going back to your country. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I would love for my fiance to come visit until we get our NOA2 or close to it, but as of right now, he is unemployed. He's taking community college courses but I'm worried it's not enough if he gets interviewed in secondary. The first time he came to visit, before the K1, he was in secondary for a while (new passport) but I'm just afraid he would be turned away after an 18 hour flight. Has anyone had luck with a month or two visit but with no employment? What else could he possibly use for ties to home?

On 8/6/2018 at 5:01 PM, runninggirl said:

Does anyone have experience with flying into Charlotte?
During my last two visits I had "longer" interviews but I guess that was because I am a student and stayed for over a month.

I entered the US via either Atlanta or Charlotte (few times through both). I never had a problem with Atlanta, but did get a hard time on one occasion in Charlotte. Got let in, but was a little scary for a while. Avoided it after that, until I had the k1 in hand.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 7/12/2018 at 9:35 PM, runninggirl said:

Yes. The ESTA is not invalid only because you applied for a K-1
I'm going to fly over in August on ESTA 

Hi @runninggirl how did your travels go in August on ESTA? I have a Greek Passport and have just been approved for ESTA and planning to go to the US in December. 

I've visited twice since filing changing at Atlnata and Chicago and each time it was actually easier than before but I have had 7 visits now and proven I go back each time.

Having the smallest gap ever between last visit and next ( 5 weeks) so very nervous about my next visit and changing at Chicago which historically gave me most grief. Will be armed with all my ties to home evidence again.

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

On 9/5/2018 at 4:51 PM, ZTC said:

Hi @runninggirl how did your travels go in August on ESTA? I have a Greek Passport and have just been approved for ESTA and planning to go to the US in December. 

Hi!
I travelled using ESTA :) 
I've visited my fiancé 4x during the past 2 years. I stayed each time for a little over a month. Never experienced any problem! :) 

Even this time (first time traveling to the States after we got NOA1) I did not have any issue. The Border Control Officer was very nice and the interview took less than 5 minutes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.