Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,457 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, KPL said:

Hi everyone. I’m Ken. My boyfriend and I have been doing the long distance thing since September last year. We met online over a dating app, and we’ve been chatting, calling, video calling ever since.

I have tons of family living in the United States, so there’s always plenty of reasons to visit. This year, I decided to take all of my paid vacation time I’ve accumulated over the past 5 years (about 5 months) and take the time to get to know this guy In close proximity. Needless to say, I am in love. We are in love, and well, we’ve talked about getting hitched. Obviously, a lot of people do get married while they’re here, which makes it a lot harder to come in extended visits. We’ve been contemplating maybe getting married before I go home, or doing the K1 visa. I know it’s a lengthy process, and a complicated one, and being the paranoid person I am, I keep thinking things won’t work out.

So now here’s the deal: I’ve been here for 2 months now, so I still have about 3 left. What do you guys think we should do? I’m thinking either option (marriage, or K1) will be risky anyway. We have plans of coming back to the Philipppines in July together. I’m thinking I don’t want to spend too much time away from him anymore (this is probably the high of being in love talking), so I’m thinking of coming back after a month in the Philippines, and then going back home for Christmas. Is that possible while the process is ongoing? And can he start it before I fly back in July?

i appreciate any thoughts you guys may have on this. :)

If you have plans for July then why risk and try to get married there? I am assuming you are on a tourist visa and you know what can happen if you misuse it...  A lot of people here say you can visit while the K1 process is going on, I find it a little risky, maybe if I lived closer and did not have to fly across the world I would just give a shot. But it is just me. You can start the K1 now, you have 3 month left, and then another 3 or 4 months of waiting and you will be at the finish line. I would not risk and complicate things even more trying to get married on a tourist visa. It makes you look bad for the future interviews and etc. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
21 hours ago, Boiler said:

That depends on what happens once you update.

So you suggest I update esta with what happened? Even though they have a record of this in their database

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Just came back from visiting my fiance and attending a wedding in Hawaii. 

I am Japanese and should have a visa waiver but it was revoked a few years ago. Currently I travel to the US using my B2 tourist visa.

POE: Daniel K. Inoue Airport/Honolulu International Airport

Questions asked 

"Why do you have a tourist visa?"

I answered why

"What is your purpose of visit"

Me "To attend a wedding"

"When was the last time you travelled to the US"

Me "Last month"

"How long is your trip"

Me "4 days, I fly out on Saturday"

"Do you have a job?"

Me "Yes, I'm an accountant"

I didn't mention my fiance since the officer did not ask me specifically if I'm visiting anyone. 

Will be visiting again next month so hopefully will be as smooth as this time! 

Good luck to everyone travelling during the process.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience.

Just arrived at the US for my third visit (first after submiting the k1 petition). Im actually at the airport waiting my connection flight ahah

The CBP officer asked the usual questions and when it got to "are you staying with someone?" I told him I was visiting my fiancé, he asked me where does she lived and I reply it was a he and he laughed. He then asked how long I was going to stay and made some comments on how hard it must be to have a long distance relationship. 

He then wished me nice vacations and good luck for the relationship :)

Of the three times it was the easiest and quickest. The first time I visited I was sent to secundary inspection :P

So, yes, you can visit!

(I entered under VWP)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi guys,

so it is awesome news that i would be able to apply for visa to go see my fiance during this time.

my question is, should the officer feel its risky and he denies my application to go over and visit for awhile, does that denial get put on my name on system would it have any negative effect on the K1 process going forward???

02/09/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/12/18 - USCIS received package

02/15/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email) NEW DATE

02/20/18-   Check cashed

02/23/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

09/04/18 - NOA2 (I-797 says 9/1/18, which is a Saturday)

09/24/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

10/02/18 - Case left NVC

10/04/18 - Embassy Received Case

10/11/18 - Medical Appointment

10/18/18 - Interview Appointment

10/18/18 - We got approved!!!!!!

10/21/18 - Visa on hand

11/02/18 - POE to USA (Orlando Florida)

01/06/19 - WEDDING :D

event.png

i will  visit my boy this Saturday with my B2 for first time after our NOA1 ....i will have with me the NOA1 hard copy, my employment letter and my tickets receipts coming back to my home country(i will just stay 4 days).... and maybe my fiancee's tickets returning to the state his live..... just in case the CO ask me about it.... they normally just ask about How long, and where i will stay.... 

i hope everything is alright and i will let u know after my trip!

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Hi! :) 

I'd like to visit my fiancé during my semester break. Has anyone experience with visiting for 4 weeks?

I usually visit during my semester breaks for 4 to 6 weeks. This would be the first time during the visa process. 

I would take a letter from my employer with me, a letter that proves that I'm enrolled at college and the flight receipt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

04/17/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

04/19/18 - USCIS received package

04/24/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email)

04/24/18-   Check cashed

xx/xx/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

xx/xx/18 - RFE/NOA2

xx/xx/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

xx/xx/18 - Embassy Received Case

xx/xx/18 - Medical Appointment

xx/xx/18 - Interview Appointment

xx/xx/18 - Visa on Hand

xx/xx/18 - POE to USA

xx/xx/xx- Wedding date  

04/17/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

04/19/18 - USCIS received package

04/24/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email)

04/24/18-   Check cashed

04/28/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

10/19/18 - NOA2

11/13/18 - Case at NVC

11/20/18   Case # Received

11/30/18 - Embassy Received Case

11/30/18 - Medical Appointment

12/10/18 - Interview Appointment

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

12/17/18 - Visa in Hand

12/19/18 - POE to USA

02/08/19- Wedding date  

event.png

On 4/24/2018 at 11:16 AM, Leah and Matt said:

Hi guys,

so it is awesome news that i would be able to apply for visa to go see my fiance during this time.

my question is, should the officer feel its risky and he denies my application to go over and visit for awhile, does that denial get put on my name on system would it have any negative effect on the K1 process going forward???

A denial of a tourist visa would only affect your k1 if the denial was for lying in your application, etc. So long as you tell the truth on your application, it won't affect the k1, even if its denied. The k1 is for those intending to get married and move to the USA so lack of ties to home, etc that would might see a tourist visa denied won't be an issue for k1.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

On 4/24/2018 at 3:31 PM, Kyle&Ana said:

i will  visit my boy this Saturday with my B2 for first time after our NOA1 ....i will have with me the NOA1 hard copy, my employment letter and my tickets receipts coming back to my home country(i will just stay 4 days).... and maybe my fiancee's tickets returning to the state his live..... just in case the CO ask me about it.... they normally just ask about How long, and where i will stay.... 

i hope everything is alright and i will let u know after my trip!

Hey i just want to update, they just asked me 3 questions, 

--Officer-How long?

Answer-4 days

--Officer-purpose?

Answer Vacations

--Officer-when was my last time there?

Answer November

--Officer-What's up with my hair?(yeahhhh)

Answer i chop off all because i feel better that way

--Officer-Welcome to United states, he stamp until october.. hihiih

He didn't ask me about my fiance or with whom....so i just answer what he asks... (i had my NOA1 hardcopy and an employment letter just in case)..

Good luck everyone!

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

Here is my experience : From october 2016 to april 2018 I went 7 times to the US (with ESTA), 4 times since appliance for K1 visa. My longest journey lasted 2 months, and I never had any problem to enter the US, always stayed less than one minute with the CPB officer.

Next trip will be with my K1 visa.

On 5.5.2018 at 7:31 PM, Paskaval said:

Here is my experience : From october 2016 to april 2018 I went 7 times to the US (with ESTA), 4 times since appliance for K1 visa. My longest journey lasted 2 months, and I never had any problem to enter the US, always stayed less than one minute with the CPB officer.

Next trip will be with my K1 visa.

Was your 2 months trip while waiting for NOA2? :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.