Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,457 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, temashana said:

Glad it went smoothly Lorna!  :)

Craig is nervous as he's coming in a couple of weeks. He has copy of NOA1, return tkt and employment letter so hoping that will be enough if they ask for backup. 

He should be fine with all that! I wasn't asked for any of those recently :) 

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi, after 3 months I'm finally flying to Miami to see my fiancé. It's just a short visit because we miss each other obviously I will be prepared (have my return ticket printed , NOA1 and my job contract with translation confirming my employment till the end of October). Since it's only 4 days long visit and I can pack myself into carry on baggage I was thinking of using my 23 kg checked in baggage to take part of my wardrobe with me and leave it at his place so later when I have my final US flight I don't have to pay for extra check in baggage. But now I'm worried it might look suspicious at the point of entry. What do you think? I would be grateful for some advices, especially one based on your experience. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance just went back to the UK yesterday from the US! I was so nervous about him going through POE but they didn't ask him a single question and just let him in! He did have a copy of NOA 1, letters from family, letter from his employer, and the i-129f copy itself in case though.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I just wanted to let you know that I had no problems at Miami MIA.  Not even single question about my reason for visiting states and how long I plan to stay. Smooth and nice.. but had to wait for 2 h before my turn.. sea of people, some commenting  it's as bad as during hurricane Irma 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 9/19/2017 at 1:20 AM, Amy Carol Wolff said:

Has anyone traveled to visit once interview is scheduled? We want to surprise my mom for her birthday this month. Our interview is Nov 3. He would probably stay for 3 weeks and then we'd fly back together for interview stuff. Thoughts?

Hello, I travelled to the US for 7 days and had no issues, we had our interview booked and I just took a copy of the interview confirmation but wasn't asked for any proof of return anyway! :)

:wub: Immigration & Expat Blog Links :wub:

My Full K1 Fiance Visa Journey

January 2017 Filer

K1 Approved on the 30th of June 2017 (6.5 months in total, no RFEs).

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

EAD/AP Approved December 2017 (75 days, no RFEs)

AOS Approved 8/15 (no RFEs) 

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

homesickness & everyday life

• 2 weeks later...

I visit my (now fiancee) every week on Wed/Thurs in Canada. She visits me every week on Sat/Sun in the US. We have occasionally gotten "harassed" a little but nothing unusual. They are mainly seeing if you slip up. It seems to us now that they are more concerned about what goods are coming over.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Bradhall05 said:

I visit my (now fiancee) every week on Wed/Thurs in Canada. She visits me every week on Sat/Sun in the US. We have occasionally gotten "harassed" a little but nothing unusual. They are mainly seeing if you slip up. It seems to us now that they are more concerned about what goods are coming over.

Same here...they’ve stamped my passport a few times too but not every time..not sure what to think!

On 10/16/2017 at 7:47 PM, KBA said:

Same here...they’ve stamped my passport a few times too but not every time..not sure what to think!

Not stamping the passport is more common at land crossings than anything. Is this where you're seeing them leave out a stamp?

Either way, your I-94 record should be getting updated even if you receive no stamp. The stamp is simply a second entry record / travel visa admission.

On 10/16/2017 at 1:51 AM, Bradhall05 said:

Very frequent travel is a minor red flag for trafficking. In past travel where I crossed the border every other week, they began by waving me through but gradually it got to the point of them tearing my car apart each entry. Not a big deal; they're just doing their jobs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Peot said:

Not stamping the passport is more common at land crossings than anything. Is this where you're seeing them leave out a stamp?

Either way, your I-94 record should be getting updated even if you receive no stamp. The stamp is simply a second entry record / travel visa admission.

Very frequent travel is a minor red flag for trafficking. In past travel where I crossed the border every other week, they began by waving me through but gradually it got to the point of them tearing my car apart each entry. Not a big deal; they're just doing their jobs.

I’m from the U.S. and never had my passport stamped until I started traveling more frequently to see my fiancé...not a big deal I don’t think but I wasn’t sure why they started doing it 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I have a question to help put my Fiancé mind at rest. My Fiancé has a job writing that allows her to travel extensively and she was visiting me for 3 months ending Nov 9th. She is returning to Japan and we are still awaiting NOA 2 which timeline says should happen around Nov 5-8th. She will be in Japan until December 20th and was planning to come visit me for 2 weeks for Christmas  before heading to Europe. She is concerned that she might not be let back in the country because she already was here on her visa waiver for 3 months. Her other concerns is some folks have told her that not only can they not allow you in, but they can decide to bar you entry for 2 years. I find this a bit of a harsh tale and would like to know if anyone has heard of this happening and by what circumstance. Thank you

May 30th NOA1 and waiting.

12 hours ago, sagreda said:

I have a question to help put my Fiancé mind at rest. My Fiancé has a job writing that allows her to travel extensively and she was visiting me for 3 months ending Nov 9th. She is returning to Japan and we are still awaiting NOA 2 which timeline says should happen around Nov 5-8th. She will be in Japan until December 20th and was planning to come visit me for 2 weeks for Christmas  before heading to Europe. She is concerned that she might not be let back in the country because she already was here on her visa waiver for 3 months. Her other concerns is some folks have told her that not only can they not allow you in, but they can decide to bar you entry for 2 years. I find this a bit of a harsh tale and would like to know if anyone has heard of this happening and by what circumstance. Thank you

You can never guarantee entry, as its up to the discretion of the officer they encounter when entering the country.

In theory you are permitted to spend up to 6 months per year in the USA on a tourist visa (the basic rule is more time out than in). In practice this might not be possible but if you read back through this thread you'll find many people who did a 3 months stay and then returned after a few weeks. If she is going to try it then make sure she has good evidence of intention to return home (bookings showing travel in Europe would be good as that gives a good reason to leave the US on time, the NOA2 if you have it by then would also show that she's unlikely to overstay as she's almost there on the K1.

There shouldn't be any risk of a ban so long as she's truthful - these are for overstaying, or lying to immigration officers, etc. If she is denied entry (on the basis she has shown immigrant intent with k1 etc) then it won't affect her entering the country on a k1 in the future, as that IS for immigration.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
22 hours ago, sagreda said:

Normally in Europe they say if you stayed 3 months, before coming back it should be another 3 months in your home country. I don't know if it applies to US. But in US especially entrance is never guaranteed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is no theoretical limit on how long you can stay in the US on a B or the VWP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone, Just an update on my last visit at the end of October 2017,  We have a I-129f application at the CSC and I was worried about visiting but there were no problems at immigration, I had a new passport and a new ESTA so had to join a line to see a CBP official, he only asked me how long I was staying while doing my finger prints, I replied "just a week on vacation" I then made a comment about the new photo of me in the new passport looking older, his reply was it "happens to us all"   stamped the  passport and I was done in 2 minutes so I got the Hell out of there, fast!

if you have used your passport before to travel to the USA you can use the automated machines as I have in the past,  that way you don't have to talk to anyone (unless the machine rejects the passport).

Colleen and I are hoping that the CSC will have the paper work approved by March 2018 despite the back log, so this should be my last return trip.  Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On ‎2016‎年‎5‎月‎20‎日 at 11:22 AM, Carrie7003 said:

My fiancé was denied entry while traveling to the US. (He had previously entered and left twice on an ESTA). He is considering applying now at the consulate for a tourist visa to visit me because after being denied entry, he is no longer eligible to travel on ESTA. I read somewhere that if border patrol officers deny entry again, there is a possibility they could also put him on a 5 year ban from reentry. We filed I-129F; is this risk of a future ban real? We don't want to ruin everything by him attempting to visit

Hi, I'm in a very similar situation. My VW was revoked due to too little ties to my home country.

I was wondering how your K1 visa process went? Did you have any issues because of this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.