IsabelleFredrick

I129F how much proof of ongoing relationship did u send?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Heidi888 said:

Im wondering if we are sending enough proof, re photos. We have only visited each other once in our relationship.

we sent about 10 photos us together in Australia and the usa, also photos of me with his family. my parents wrote a statement saying that had met and had my fiancé stay with them when he visited.

plus copies of passport stamps and boarding passes for our visits.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

First of all, you have met within the last two years? If yes, then good.

-You need Photos of both of you during your visit. If photos with family or friends is good too. We sent almost 20 photos.

- Your flight tickets, itineraries, boarding passes, visa stamp on your passport. 

- If you bought a ring, a receipt is good with photos of your fiance wearing it.

- Post cards, Valentine cards, Xmas cards, mail, receipt of gifts if you sent any.

- Chats might and might not be helpful, we sent few pages each from Skype, Viber,  Facebook. We choose different dates from  first conversation to last one. Some people might say you don't need them. Its up to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mmagic said:

-You need Photos of both of you during your visit. If photos with family or friends is good too. We sent almost 20 photos.

- Your flight tickets, itineraries, boarding passes, visa stamp on your passport. 

- If you bought a ring, a receipt is good with photos of your fiance wearing it.

- Post cards, Valentine cards, Xmas cards, mail, receipt of gifts if you sent any.

- Chats might and might not be helpful, we sent few pages each from Skype, Viber,  Facebook. We choose different dates from  first conversation to last one. Some people might say you don't need them. Its up to you.

We don't have the stuff in bold... surely that'll be enough though. We spent just over a week together, and have about 5 photos of us together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 hours ago, Heidi888 said:

Im wondering if we are sending enough proof, re photos. We have only visited each other once in our relationship.

Note that the I-129F does not specifcally require proof of "ongoing relationship", but specifically for proof that you have met physically  in-person during the 24 months prior to submission of the I-129F.   For "young" relationships, that may be one and the same.   But having date related evidence showing that you are together is what the USCIS needs to see.  This may include Visa stamps, Flight Itineraries and boarding passes, hotel reservations, photos posing in front of a movie theatre marquee listing recent films, etc.

As for documentation of the "ongoing relationship", this will become the focus of the Embassy review of the case which will occur after NOA2.  During this phase, the Consulate Officer will be looking for evidence that your relationship has been maintained possibly before and definately during the time from submission of the I-129F until the actual interview with the beneficiary.   This can include similar documentation as above if additional physical visits have been made, but can also include phone call logs, chat logs, copies of mailings, etc.  Basically evidence that the petitioner and beneficiary are maintaining frequent contact as would be expected with any modern real relationship. 

Additionally, an explanation of how you met (a popular question to be asked during the interview) and how the relationship developed (timeline) will likely help the interviewing officer to determine the validity of the relationship.

Documentation of the "ongoing relationship" is typically requested during submission of "Packet 3" paperwork (birth certificate, police clearance, single status, etc) and/or delivered during the actual interview appearance.  (See your embassy instructions for specific information on what and when they want this information)

That being said, some petetioners choose to "front load" the I-129f with information beyond proof of meeting in the prior 24 months, such as including the 'story of how we met" and other details of the relationship that help establish the relationship as real and may even date back prior to the 24 month in-person meeting.   But, what is important for the I-129F is evidence that you have met in the prior 24 months.   For example, if it has been 25 months since you were last physically present together, that is not good enough to meet the requirements of the I-129F.  You will need to met again.

To satisfy the I-129f requirement, you could have met the first time yesterday and submit your I-129f tomorrow and be approved (if all other conditions are also met).   But, that does not necessary mean that the Visa will be issued as you like will need to satisfy the consular with proof of an ongoing relationship, although that proof may be collected during the lengthy wait for NOA2 and be enough to satisfy the Consulate Officer.    At the current rate of processing, I am sure there are couples who have met in the US, gotten married, and then divorced in less time than it takes to process a K1.  :jest:

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mmagic said:

This is what I sent too, pretty much. We sent about 5 photos. Also if either of you wrote something for your engagement (we both wrote cute things to say to each other when we got engaged), you can send that as well. I sent in skype call logs, some chat logs, and a phone bill from two months (a year apart) showing how much we texted, which was nearly constantly. In the end we decided too much was better than too little, just in case.

K1 Application Timeline - 326 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

May 9   - K1 Visa Application mailed in
May 11 - Application received at lock box
May 15 - NOA1 received - Text/E-mail
May 16 - Check cashed
May 19 - Paper copy of NOA1 received
Oct 31 - NOA2 received - Text/E-mail {169 days from NOA1}
Nov 3 - Paper copy of NOA2 received
Nov 29 & Dec 11 - Contacted NVC, they said they had not received our case
Dec 28 - NVC e-mailed, they said they received and mailed our case to the Embassy

Jan 25 - Contacted Embassy, they said the case was processing
Feb 19 - Sent Packet 3 (hoping to hurry the process along)
Feb 22 - Embassy e-mailed us and told us to schedule our interview (interview scheduled!)

Mar 6 - Actually received Packet 3 information in the mail (glad a friend told us to just go ahead and send it, that took so long)
April 4 - Interview (we were accepted!) {155 days from NOA2}
April 6 - Im
migration packet for border patrol and Passport arrived at his house (we paid for premium shipping)
April 26 - He entered the US on his K1 Visa

April 27 - We got married!! <3 <3 <3

AOS Timeline

Spoiler

July 5 - AOS Application mailed in

July 7 - Application received at lock box

July 11 - Debit account we are paying with was charged

July 12 - NOA1 received - Text/E-mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

we see each other all the time, so its easy for us.

boarding passes from my flights, a ton of pics, couple of cards, phone records, receipts, joint sams club membership cards, will and power of attorney, the print out from CBP site showing all his entries to the US (i think it was 26 at the time of filing), and whatever else I scraped up to include. needless to say, it was heavily front loaded ;) lolol

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.