7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, My husband and I just moved and changed our address on June 18, 2018. We just checked our case status and noticed it said the interview was scheduled on June 28, 2018 and the notice will be mailed. The issue is that I think the notice may have been mailed to the old address. I am wondering how far out from the time the mail the letter do you have to prepare for the interview? I don't want by the time the letter reach the date has passed. Also, I think mostly like it is schedule in the old field office with is very far away I don't mind flying to go complete it, just wondering if that will be okay? Also, if I call USCIS customer service number do they have access to my interview date? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

My wife received her interview notification on May 7th and the Interview was on June 9th.

My question to you, you said they scheduled your interview for Jun 28th which was more than 10 days ago. So did  you miss your interview? If you did, that is not a good news. They might consider that as you abandoned your AOS and you will be subject for removal. 

I suggest you try to make an info pass and try to see if you can have it rescheduled. 

By the way, changing address and notifying USCIS is your responsibility. 

Yes you can call the USCIS to get details on your interview date.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

6 hours ago, Mmagic said:

My wife received her interview notification on May 7th and the Interview was on June 9th.

My question to you, you said they scheduled your interview for Jun 28th which was more than 10 days ago. So did  you miss your interview? If you did, that is not a good news. They might consider that as you abandoned your AOS and you will be subject for removal. 

I suggest you try to make an info pass and try to see if you can have it rescheduled. 

By the way, changing address and notifying USCIS is your responsibility. 

Hello, thank you for your response, you may have not fully understood my post. The interview was not scheduled for June 28, that’s the date the interview was scheduled. The case status reads, on June 28 , an interview was scheduled, etc. Also, as I stated, we changed our address, on June 18. Just so you know when you change your address with uscis, it doesn’t happen over night, it takes time to process. 

5 hours ago, NikLR said:

Yes you can call the USCIS to get details on your interview date.  

Thank you, 😊😊

2 hours ago, Marta Proniagina said:

Just ask the tier 2 because the 1st person won't see anything

2 hours ago, Marta Proniagina said:

Just ask the tier 2 because the 1st person won't see anything

Will do? Do you think they will allow me to do the interview at the other field office, even though I moved?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 07.07.2018 at 1:21 PM, Lislakee said:

Will do? Do you think they will allow me to do the interview at the other field office, even though I moved?

I'm really not sure. depends on how busy that office is, i guess. anyway. it'll probably slow your case. so, if you still could go to the first office, i'd go there. but still call the uscis and check with them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.