phtotx

Hong Kong Police Clearance

27 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 7/5/2018 at 12:45 AM, Noe&Estella said:

The letter from NVC document checklist list will do. I highlighted where it said it said the police certificate.That's what I used. That way when I went to the interview, my HK Police Clearance was already at the embassy. 

Hi. My husband and I are going through the visa process in Hong Kong. We were told that we need to send a police report from Hong Kong to nvc. However, it seems the hong  kong police only sends police reports directly to the embassies / consulate. How do we get a copy to send to nvc along with other documents? Thanks 

On 7/27/2018 at 9:54 PM, hollandfriend said:

16 minutes ago, DeeDeeAO said:

Hi. My husband and I are going through the visa process in Hong Kong. We were told that we need to send a police report from Hong Kong to nvc. However, it seems the hong  kong police only sends police reports directly to the embassies / consulate. How do we get a copy to send to nvc along with other documents? Thanks 

I sent all my documents to NVC except for the HK Police Certificate. Like you said police reports are sent directly to the consulate.  I got case complete at NVC, with a letter stating that I have to bring the HK Police Certificate at the interview.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Noe&Estella said:

I sent all my documents to NVC except for the HK Police Certificate. Like you said police reports are sent directly to the consulate.  I got case complete at NVC, with a letter stating that I have to bring the HK Police Certificate at the interview.

Thanks a lot

If you are a stateside filer, you need to send your NVC welcome letter and checklist. This has the request for police reports in the checklist and your name on the letter. Use that as proof of the request for police report.

If you are an approved NVC expedite or DCF Philippines filer and did not go through NVC or did not get a welcome letter, you will get an email from the Manila embassy confirming your appointment with an attachment of what to bring to the embassy interview. Use that as the proof of request for police report.

Police reports for Hong Kong does slow down your process because of this need to provide proof with your name on a document.

Edited by BlueDevil1442

On 8/13/2018 at 8:05 PM, DeeDeeAO said:

You do not. Hong Kong will only send it to the embassy. They have no exceptions on that. In your checklist check that you send to NVC, check the "unavailable" box as well as "enclosed" box. Make a note saying your NBI from Philippines is enclosed and that Hong Kong is unavailable as they send the police report directly to the embassy. Include this in your cover letter too. 

Edited by BlueDevil1442

On 7/4/2018 at 9:17 AM, Hank_ said:

That letter from the embassy would be the 221g letter which is issued after the interview when there are missing documents.  (embassy emails this to the applicant)

The letter looks like this (I would believe the emailed "letter" looks the same)

221g_denial.jpg

Don't wait for a 221g. Get the police report coming from Hong Kong as it takes a while so you don't have a 221g at the end of the embassy interview. Use your NVC welcome letter and checklist as proof. 

Edited by BlueDevil1442

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/14/2018 at 8:35 AM, Noe&Estella said:

Hi, I was wondering..how much were the medical bills you paid in Hong Kong? 

3 hours ago, DeeDeeAO said:

Hi, I was wondering..how much were the medical bills you paid in Hong Kong? 

I'm sorry. Unfortunately, I have no idea about the cost of medical examination in HK because I had it done in the Philippines. 

Perhaps you can try to ask in the China Sub-forum. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Noe&Estella said:

I'm sorry. Unfortunately, I have no idea about the cost of medical examination in HK because I had it done in the Philippines. 

Perhaps you can try to ask in the China Sub-forum. 

Thanks a lot, how much was it in the 

Philippines? 

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, Love P said:

Hi, how did you get your fingerprints at NBI? What documents did you provide to them? Thank you!

Although we got ours from the local PNP Dept., we showed them the requirements from the HK Police and explained that it was for immigration paperwork.

Just be sure your prints have an official police department stamp or they will be rejected by HK. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.