dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

So i called NVC on monday morning bc it has been 8 weeks and 3 days but there's no case number yet, so the rep that was on the phone escalated it to supervisor and she said it's taking up tk 6 weeks. Did escalating to supervisor will make it longer for me to get a new case number?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Michaelss said:

So i called NVC on monday morning bc it has been 8 weeks and 3 days but there's no case number yet, so the rep that was on the phone escalated it to supervisor and she said it's taking up tk 6 weeks. Did escalating to supervisor will make it longer for me to get a new case number?

No it won't take 6weeks.. 2weeks Max but you will need to be calling regularly,if possible twice daily until you get the caee/Invoice no

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Abies said:

No it won't take 6weeks.. 2weeks Max but you will need to be calling regularly,if possible twice daily until you get the caee/Invoice no

Does that mean they're going to escalate it twice daily? I know it's sound stupid but i'm just curious lol

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Michaelss said:

Does that mean they're going to escalate it twice daily? I know it's sound stupid but i'm just curious lol

Calling twice for us really helped because it was kind of a reminder. 

The first officer that said she was going to escalate it didn't do so until I called again and the second agent did.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Hi everyone, I had my interview on Monday in Nigeria,  I passed. I was given two papers, one for visa pick in vi and green card payment. My question is will I get my alien registration Number and dos case iD when I pick up my visa in order to pay the fee? The Korean CO didn't write my number for me. Thanks

Congratulations Fellow Nigerian.

Yea,your A number and dos number will be inside your visa.

What were the questions you were asked during your interview?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, bok05 said:

hey guy’s!!how many days does it take to open the ds260 application after paying all the fees?

When the iv fee show PAID,the ds260 will become accessible

Timeline
2 hours ago, Michaelss said:

It took nvc9weeks to issue a welcome letter to us and a case number we had to send them an email before we finally got it on the 9th week,just be a little patience you surely get it @Michaelss

53 minutes ago, Abies said:

@Don Godwin here's the NVC July 2018 subforum

thank u @Abies

1 hour ago, Abies said:

Congratulations Fellow Nigerian.

Yea,your A number and dos number will be inside your visa.

What were the questions you were asked during your interview?

Thank you. I was asked these questions by the Korean American

Who is calling you

What kind of work does your wife do

What type of House does she live in

How many children, age

When did you meet her

How many times did she visit

What is her hobby

What education did she had

Is she divorced before

Can I see some photos

Then he went through them and said OK..am approving your visa.

Hi everyone!

I'm sending out our AOS and IV application in few days. I'm kinda hoping of not getting a RFE. These are the list of documents I'll be sending them. Please let me know if I'm missing anything or things I dont need to include in the package. Thank you very much!

AOS Package:

- Bar coded cover sheet

- Cover letter

- I-864

- Tax Return Transcripts

- W2

- Employment letter

- Pay Stubs

IV Package

- Photocopy of passport

- Photocopy of Birth certificate

- Photocopy of Marriage Certificate

- Photocopy of Police Certificate in the Philippines

- Letter stating why I can't provide a police certificate from USA

- Photocopy of my old DS2019 (J1 intern document)

- Photocopy of I-94

- Photocopy of Husband's passport

- Photocopy of proof of citizenship  of my Husband

- Photocopy of husband's military records

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Thank you. I was asked these questions by the Korean American

Who is calling you

What kind of work does your wife do

What type of House does she live in

How many children, age

When did you meet her

How many times did she visit

What is her hobby

What education did she had

Is she divorced before

Can I see some photos

Then he went through them and said OK..am approving your visa.

Beautiful...

Hopefully the Korean American interviews me too lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.