SophieTheGamer

CEAC paperwork submitted, how long till we hear back

43 posts in this topic

Hey,

Have just submitted all our paperwork online on CEAC tonight. Just curious about how long till we hear back and whats next? Will I receive a letter with interview and Medical or via email?

Assuming there are no issues with the paperwork, you are waiting for "Case Complete" (CC) from NVC. This typically takes ~2-3 months or so.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/ir1cr1historical

NVC wiki: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Once you reach CC, they will schedule the interview. I'll defer to other members for the specifics with Australia in terms of how long that takes and the notification method (I would presume email but some embassies/consulates do snail mail still), and the medical aspects.

:ot: Happy birthday!

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

On 6/21/2018 at 10:48 AM, geowrian said:

Assuming there are no issues with the paperwork, you are waiting for "Case Complete" (CC) from NVC. This typically takes ~2-3 months or so.

Would you happen to know how greatly that 2-3 month time frame varies between pivot versus non-pivot cases?

Hi Sophie,

Brooke and I are in the same position as you. We submitted all paperwork online 18 days ago then received a request for change of document (I uploaded an image vertically not horizontally) they accepted the change and it has been 12 days since. I will let you know how we progress, please do the same :)

I have also been processed electronically and will be interviewing here in SYD.

*The Civil documents have been accepted for our case

Thanks,

Michael 

Edited by michaelbmw377

On 26/06/2018 at 5:46 PM, michaelbmw377 said:

Hi Sophie,

Brooke and I are in the same position as you. We submitted all paperwork online 18 days ago then received a request for change of document (I uploaded an image vertically not horizontally) they accepted the change and it has been 12 days since. I will let you know how we progress, please do the same :)

I have also been processed electronically and will be interviewing here in SYD.

*The Civil documents have been accepted for our case

Thanks,

Michael 

Thanks Michael, I always feel so lost once we send off paperwork and unsure of when we should hear back, did you get an email telling you that we’d missing s document and only 18 days that’s not too bad. Hopefully we both have interviews soon 

Hey it took like 4 or 5 days for them to email me saying 2 documents were rejected. I uploaded a revised copy the next day and a few days after the status changed to accepted. So I guess we are waiting for my DS261 form to be vetted and Brooke’s affidavit to be vetted. Hopefully we are close now since our priorit. Date was March 2017 :)

4 hours ago, michaelbmw377 said:

Hey it took like 4 or 5 days for them to email me saying 2 documents were rejected. I uploaded a revised copy the next day and a few days after the status changed to accepted. So I guess we are waiting for my DS261 form to be vetted and Brooke’s affidavit to be vetted. Hopefully we are close now since our priorit. Date was March 2017 :)

Well thats kinda good to hear, we submitted all our paperwork on CEAC on the 19th June and havent gotten anything to say anything was wrong, sot hopefully that means there are no issues. Fingers crossed :D

Hey,

Got some good news!!! Through the night NVC emailed us the below:

"

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.

NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in SYDNEY, ASTL to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable).

"

Looks like we should receive an interview date soon :D 

NVC Timeline:

24 April 2018 -  Welcome letter  sent (took a few weeks to arrive at my overseas address)

16 May 2018 -  Pay Fees (the day we received the letter in the mail)

17 May 2018 -  Payment of fees received

22 May 2018 -  Completed and submitted DS260

23 May 2018 - Uploaded all civil documents accept Police Check

29 May 2018 - Upload Police Check

13 Jun 2018 -  Received notice of x2 civil documents rejected

13 Jun 2018 -  Upload corrected x2 documents

14 Jun 2018 -  Complete affidavit 

15 Jun 2018 -  Receive notice of civil documents accepted

29 Jun 2018 -  Receive acceptance notice of all fees, forms and, documents with noticed stating an interview date will be provided soon 

Outstanding:

- Medical check? - Still has not been requested.

- Interview data? - Still to be issued

Thanks,

Michael 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 6/21/2018 at 9:48 AM, geowrian said:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/ir1cr1historical

NVC wiki: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Once you reach CC, they will schedule the interview. I'll defer to other members for the specifics with Australia in terms of how long that takes and the notification method (I would presume email but some embassies/consulates do snail mail still), and the medical aspects.

:ot: Happy birthday!

Wish people would stop commenting on something they don't know about. The author submitted docs through CEAC online, it is not the same as email or paper mail processing, it takes several days usually, not weeks, it is much faster and only a few countries are allowed to use this kind of processing. 

On 03/07/2018 at 1:24 PM, MeredithNotGrey said:

Wish people would stop commenting on something they don't know about. The author submitted docs through CEAC online, it is not the same as email or paper mail processing, it takes several days usually, not weeks, it is much faster and only a few countries are allowed to use this kind of processing. 

Hey yeah our case is now complete and waiting on an interview date now, which I’ve heard from a friend who has a similar situation as me only took a couple of weeks so things are looking up.

On 7/2/2018 at 11:24 PM, MeredithNotGrey said:

I missed the "CEAC" part of the question, sorry. No need to make harsh remarks...a simple point at the missing reference to CEAC suffices just fine, instead of making wild accusations.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 7/4/2018 at 5:42 PM, geowrian said:

I missed the "CEAC" part of the question, sorry. No need to make harsh remarks...a simple point at the missing reference to CEAC suffices just fine, instead of making wild accusations.

Sorry if that offended you, the author mentioned CEAC in the topic line and in the body of the message where it clearly states "CEAC online". Nothing personal, I've read a lot of posts on this forum since I was looking for an answer to the same question and the majority of people from countries that only do mail processing provide the same information with 2-3 months estimation and many add something like "if you miss a document, add another 2-3 months because NVC will send you a request to resubmit". Hopefully if someone is looking for this information they will learn that CEAC online, email and paper processing take drastically different amount of time with CEAC online being the fastest.

Just now, MeredithNotGrey said:

Sorry if that offended you, the author mentioned CEAC in the topic line and in the body of the message where it clearly states "CEAC online". Nothing personal, I've read a lot of posts on this forum since I was looking for an answer to the same question and the majority of people from countries that only do mail processing provide the same information with 2-3 months estimation and many add something like "if you miss a document, add another 2-3 months because NVC will send you a request to resubmit". Hopefully if someone is looking for this information they will learn that CEAC online, email and paper processing take drastically different amount of time with CEAC online being the fastest.

No worries. Not offended...it just came off harsh because of a misreading of the post. Whoops~

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.