Ed Keri

U.S Embassy Ghana Interview

66 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, EmmNM said:

The others gave you good advice. I will add just a couple things. I'm not sure how it is in your culture but getting married after knowing someone only 5 months is unusual. How can you really know someone after only 5 months? They may ask you how long you knew your first wife before you married her too. If it was short maybe they would think if you waited longer you would have known what type of person she is. It may show poor judgement or intent to immigrate. Additionally, getting married 5 months after divorce is very unusual. In some states it is illegal to get married after divorce until 6 months has passed. Factor in that it's to a second US citizen it will look like you had intent to immigrate. That being said, just be honest with why you married so fast.

Also, I would just recommend working on your English and how you word things. We can understand you but your English is not great. You have a lot of room for improvement. It is easier to understand when it is written English and we can read it more than once but you need to be perfectly understood to the CO.

I apologize if anything I said came off judgmental. That is not my intent. I'm just trying to make you see how a CO will see your situation. I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

I see alot of people get approved where they got married right after their Divorce was granted... They still got approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ed Keri said:

I see alot of people get approved where they got married right after their Divorce was granted... They still got approved

Every case is unique. The totality of circumstances surrounding each case is what paints the full picture. This picture has a few smudges in it that you need to overcome. As others said, at this point, just prepare yourself for the interview. Do not fall into the trap of over-thinking things and trying to overly justify yourself.. You had a bit of a messy period in life. It happens. Just tell the raw truth, that's the best you can do.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, shumway88 said:

Every case is unique. The totality of circumstances surrounding each case is what paints the full picture. This picture has a few smudges in it that you need to overcome. As others said, at this point, just prepare yourself for the interview. Do not fall into the trap of over-thinking things and trying to overly justify yourself.. You had a bit of a messy period in life. It happens. Just tell the raw truth, that's the best you can do.

God bless you Thanks

1 hour ago, Ed Keri said:

Thanks for your Advice. Me making typing mistakes doesn't mean I don't speak good English anyway thanks

It's not about typing mistakes. It's about word choice and sentence structure. You can overcome this by practicing your answers with your wife. I was just trying to help. 

49 minutes ago, Ed Keri said:

I never said you wouldn't be. Again I was just trying to help. You need to be prepared for the hard questions that will be asked. I trully wish you the best.

Edited by EmmNM

Timeline
7 minutes ago, EmmNM said:

It's not about typing mistakes. It's about word choice and sentence structure. You can overcome this by practicing your answers with your wife. I was just trying to help. 

I never said you wouldn't be. Again I was just trying to help. You need to be prepared for the hard questions that will be asked. I trully wish you the best.

Thank you very much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 hours ago, selsiii said:

It is not close if immigration is not involved. But in you case, it is. It is generally advices to wait at least a year to a year and a half before starting a new relationship with immigration will be involve to not seem desperate. In your case, you were first married to someone from US Who was so many years older than you. That is not cultural something that is recognized in Ghana. That is for a woman to be so many years older. With that being said, it did not progress to her filing for you. Now you are divorce from a US spouse and married to a US spouse in less than a year.  That to a CO may scream desperation to come to the US. A CO in making a decision looks at your case taking into consideration all marriages and relationship to establish legality. they will look at the red flags in your old marriage in addition to the current marriage. You have to be prepared to answer when questions like these are asked. I’ve heard some people overcome this. Ghana is a high fraud country so we are scrutinized more than other countries. 

I would agree....apart from the physical aspects that you would need to mentally and emotionally separate from your ex (cheating included), it would seem to me very fast that you found someone else so soon. It would mean you were 'hunting' BEFORE the separation from the Consular viewpoint. (Christian or whatever)

8 hours ago, Ed Keri said:

Oh okay... Yeah I Reid about that online but I have no idea what will be my answer when they ask me why did I got married Soo soon in 5 to 6 months time after my divorce because my wife and I discussed it because we are Christian's and we where not satisfied having an affair without been married so we decided to get married cause we want to be together and make family

They will might suspect something fraudulent.... Cos what I understand is that whiles you were married to your first woman you were talking to this second woman...  Which seems bad to me.... So it's gonna be like you cheated or both of u cheated....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Do you travel often to the USA for business or something? How did you meet both of you wives? 

Facebook

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Facebook

And depending on how you met them on Facebook, that in and of itself can be a huge red flag.  Facebook is not a dating website.  When people use it that way, it's usually random contacts.  As a male, often those contacts I receive either want to scam me for money or are offering sex for money.  When my girlfriend gets random contacts, they are usually after cybersex.

When people answer, "How did you meet?" with such a vague answer as "On Facebook." they are being "evasive".  That kind of evasive answer will quickly confirm a Consular Officer's decision to deny a visa application.

There ARE legitimate "meetings" on Facebook that are not "random".  If yours is one of them, be ready to explain fully and truthfully HOW you "met" on Facebook.

Your attitude, lack of candor and unwillingness to provide relevant facts, makes you come across here as a "for immigration benefits only" kind of a foreign spouse.  That the same things continue from you after 3 pages of posts, pretty much confirms it in MY mind.  I hope I'm wrong but I seldom am.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

And depending on how you met them on Facebook, that in and of itself can be a huge red flag.  Facebook is not a dating website.  When people use it that way, it's usually random contacts.  As a male, often those contacts I receive either want to scam me for money or are offering sex for money.  When my girlfriend gets random contacts, they are usually after cybersex.

When people answer, "How did you meet?" with such a vague answer as "On Facebook." they are being "evasive".  That kind of evasive answer will quickly confirm a Consular Officer's decision to deny a visa application.

There ARE legitimate "meetings" on Facebook that are not "random".  If yours is one of them, be ready to explain fully and truthfully HOW you "met" on Facebook.

Your attitude, lack of candor and unwillingness to provide relevant facts, makes you come across here as a "for immigration benefits only" kind of a foreign spouse.  That the same things continue from you after 3 pages of posts, pretty much confirms it in MY mind.  I hope I'm wrong but I seldom am.

I met my spouse on Facebook. Be prepared to print out ALL and every chat, from inception to meeting in person. VERY important. Dates and times. They need that. Thank goodness I kept the email notifications of this. Kenya is also a very high fraud country too. Most of the people want to leave Kenya in any way, shape or fashion. It does not look good for you at all to be quite honest. 

Two white women and in rapid succession is not looked upon well. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, NYCruiser said:

I met my spouse on Facebook. Be prepared to print out ALL and every chat, from inception to meeting in person. VERY important. Dates and times. They need that. Thank goodness I kept the email notifications of this. Kenya is also a very high fraud country too. Most of the people want to leave Kenya in any way, shape or fashion. It does not look good for you at all to be quite honest. 

Two white women and in rapid succession is not looked upon well. 

Well it has already been done and I can not do anything about it cause I see nothing wrong with this... It's just because of Africa having a high rate in fraud that's why it will be an issue if not there is nothing wrong with Marrying 2 times in 20momths. Just because they are Americans

Timeline
15 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Do you travel often to the USA for business or something? How did you meet both of you wives? 

I met my first wife at the Mall and my second wife on Facebook. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Sackeys_2016 said:

They will might suspect something fraudulent.... Cos what I understand is that whiles you were married to your first woman you were talking to this second woman...  Which seems bad to me.... So it's gonna be like you cheated or both of u cheated....

After our marriage within 2 months I find out she was talking to another guy sending him her naked pictures and talking naughty to him they where doing online sex. I have a screenshot of that on my phone. I couldn't put up with that... Would you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.