Ed Keri

U.S Embassy Ghana Interview

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Just now, Ed Keri said:

Oh okay... Yeah I Reid about that online but I have no idea what will be my answer when they ask me why did I got married Soo soon in 5 to 6 months time after my divorce because my wife and I discussed it because we are Christian's and we where not satisfied having an affair without been married so we decided to get married cause we want to be together and make family

Are you saying you don't know what to say about that question because you don't understand what it means to tell the truth?  What's wrong with the answer you just gave?  Is IT the truth?  If so, that story sounds just fine to me.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
35 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Are you saying you don't know what to say about that question because you don't understand what it means to tell the truth?  What's wrong with the answer you just gave?  Is IT the truth?  If so, that story sounds just fine to me.

Well this is just what it's like I said it. But I don't know how it works there and I was just asking if you have some tips for me. That's all. And yeah what I said is the truth

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ed Keri said:

Well this is just what it's like I said it. But I don't know how it works there and I was just asking if you have some tips for me. That's all. And yeah what I said is the truth

From where you stand right now, there’s nothing more you can do than be prepared for the interview. From all that have been said so far, you just have to say it the way it is as you’ve said. Don’t try to sugar coat anything for them. Most at times, the decision to approve or deny has already been made before the interview as they have already gathered everything from the documents and evidences you have submitted. You being married close to your divorce from a previous  spouse from US doesnt  look good but if asked just answer as you did here. The truth is always the right way to go when it comes to immigration.  

Timeline
21 minutes ago, selsiii said:

From where you stand right now, there’s nothing more you can do than be prepared for the interview. From all that have been said so far, you just have to say it the way it is as you’ve said. Don’t try to sugar coat anything for them. Most at times, the decision to approve or deny has already been made before the interview as they have already gathered everything from the documents and evidences you have submitted. You being married close to your divorce from a previous  spouse from US doesnt  look good but if asked just answer as you did here. The truth is always the right way to go when it comes to immigration.  

Alright. But getting married after 5 to 6 Months of your divorce is Soo close? I didn't knew that doe. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Ed Keri said:

Alright. But getting married after 5 to 6 Months of your divorce is Soo close? I didn't knew that doe. 

It is not close if immigration is not involved. But in you case, it is. It is generally advices to wait at least a year to a year and a half before starting a new relationship with immigration will be involve to not seem desperate. In your case, you were first married to someone from US Who was so many years older than you. That is not cultural something that is recognized in Ghana. That is for a woman to be so many years older. With that being said, it did not progress to her filing for you. Now you are divorce from a US spouse and married to a US spouse in less than a year.  That to a CO may scream desperation to come to the US. A CO in making a decision looks at your case taking into consideration all marriages and relationship to establish legality. they will look at the red flags in your old marriage in addition to the current marriage. You have to be prepared to answer when questions like these are asked. I’ve heard some people overcome this. Ghana is a high fraud country so we are scrutinized more than other countries. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, selsiii said:

It is not close if immigration is not involved. But in you case, it is. It is generally advices to wait at least a year to a year and a half before starting a new relationship with immigration will be involve to not seem desperate. In your case, you were first married to someone from US Who was so many years older than you. That is not cultural something that is recognized in Ghana. That is for a woman to be so many years older. With that being said, it did not progress to her filing for you. Now you are divorce from a US spouse and married to a US spouse in less than a year.  That to a CO may scream desperation to come to the US. A CO in making a decision looks at your case taking into consideration all marriages and relationship to establish legality. they will look at the red flags in your old marriage in addition to the current marriage. You have to be prepared to answer when questions like these are asked. I’ve heard some people overcome this. Ghana is a high fraud country so we are scrutinized more than other countries. 

You really make sense are you on Facebook or any social media where we can talk so that I will show you the kind of evidence I submitted and my wedding pics. We are at NVC Stage waiting for case number we already got approved from USCIS few months ago. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ed Keri said:

You really make sense are you on Facebook or any social media where we can talk so that I will show you the kind of evidence I submitted and my wedding pics. We are at NVC Stage waiting for case number we already got approved from USCIS few months ago. 

I will inbox you

Really there are a few red flags in your case that you will need evidence to overcome.

1) you remarried quickly

2) both marriages are to US citizens

The even though your first wife did not petition you, the CO will ask why you keep marrying only American women. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
19 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Really there are a few red flags in your case that you will need evidence to overcome.

1) you remarried quickly

2) both marriages are to US citizens

The even though your first wife did not petition you, the CO will ask why you keep marrying only American women. 

I understand what you mean but then I like marrying outside my culture because we understand each other better... Anyway what do you think I have to do to over this red flags

14 minutes ago, Ed Keri said:

I understand what you mean but then I like marrying outside my culture because we understand each other better... Anyway what do you think I have to do to over this red flags

I don't care who you marry or why.  You need to convince the CO at the interview.  "I just like it" isnt going to cut it.  Provide EVIDENCE of why THIS marriage is genuine. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

4 hours ago, Ed Keri said:

Alright I understand what you mean but then we whete filing for the petiton they asked if I was married before and where she was from and her date or birth and location I gave it to them on the i-130 form and I included my divorce papers when we where sending the petition to the USCIS. I have submitted alot of evidence on the front load and I just hope it will be enough... Is there any tips you can give me incase of some questions comes at the interview. Cause what am telling you here is what it's I dont know if that will convince them

The others gave you good advice. I will add just a couple things. I'm not sure how it is in your culture but getting married after knowing someone only 5 months is unusual. How can you really know someone after only 5 months? They may ask you how long you knew your first wife before you married her too. If it was short maybe they would think if you waited longer you would have known what type of person she is. It may show poor judgement or intent to immigrate. Additionally, getting married 5 months after divorce is very unusual. In some states it is illegal to get married after divorce until 6 months has passed. Factor in that it's to a second US citizen it will look like you had intent to immigrate. That being said, just be honest with why you married so fast.

Also, I would just recommend working on your English and how you word things. We can understand you but your English is not great. You have a lot of room for improvement. It is easier to understand when it is written English and we can read it more than once but you need to be perfectly understood to the CO.

I apologize if anything I said came off judgmental. That is not my intent. I'm just trying to make you see how a CO will see your situation. I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I don't care who you marry or why.  You need to convince the CO at the interview.  "I just like it" isnt going to cut it.  Provide EVIDENCE of why THIS marriage is genuine. 

Alright I will Thanks

Timeline
58 minutes ago, EmmNM said:

The others gave you good advice. I will add just a couple things. I'm not sure how it is in your culture but getting married after knowing someone only 5 months is unusual. How can you really know someone after only 5 months? They may ask you how long you knew your first wife before you married her too. If it was short maybe they would think if you waited longer you would have known what type of person she is. It may show poor judgement or intent to immigrate. Additionally, getting married 5 months after divorce is very unusual. In some states it is illegal to get married after divorce until 6 months has passed. Factor in that it's to a second US citizen it will look like you had intent to immigrate. That being said, just be honest with why you married so fast.

Also, I would just recommend working on your English and how you word things. We can understand you but your English is not great. You have a lot of room for improvement. It is easier to understand when it is written English and we can read it more than once but you need to be perfectly understood to the CO.

I apologize if anything I said came off judgmental. That is not my intent. I'm just trying to make you see how a CO will see your situation. I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for your Advice. Me making typing mistakes doesn't mean I don't speak good English anyway thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.