Ed Keri

U.S Embassy Ghana Interview

66 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My Question is... Am from Ghana and I was once Married to a white American she was 20years older than me after we got married she went back to the states and Abandoned our marriage and I find out she was cheating on me with another man in the states. So I file for a Divorce while my divorce was in process I met my new wife on Facebook she is also White from the states and we where friends she came to visit me in Ghana and she went back to the states my divorce got approved after she left few days after and she came back in 5 months and we got married and she file a petition and we got approved by the USCIS after we got approved she came to Ghana again which makes it the 3rd time she was here. But my question is since my first wife didn't file a petition at all would my Marriage to her effect my petiton at the interview in US embassy in Ghana

20 minutes ago, Ed Keri said:

My Question is... Am from Ghana and I was once Married to a white American she was 20years older than me after we got married she went back to the states and Abandoned our marriage and I find out she was cheating on me with another man in the states. So I file for a Divorce while my divorce was in process I met my new wife on Facebook she is also White from the states and we where friends she came to visit me in Ghana and she went back to the states my divorce got approved after she left few days after and she came back in 5 months and we got married and she file a petition and we got approved by the USCIS after we got approved she came to Ghana again which makes it the 3rd time she was here. But my question is since my first wife didn't file a petition at all would my Marriage to her effect my petiton at the interview in US embassy in Ghana

Just because your first wife didn't file a petition doesn't mean a marriage to another American woman won't affect your petition. They will look at your marriage history and the fact that you got divorced and married in a very short time. I would suggest you front load your petition with as much proof of relationship that you can. Additionally be prepared for the CO to ask you questions about this. Are there any other red flags in your relationship?

Edited by EmmNM

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 minutes ago, EmmNM said:

Just because your first wife didn't file a petition doesn't mean a marriage to another American woman won't effect your petition. They will look at your marriage history and the fact that you got divorced and married in a very short time. I would suggest you front load your petition with as much proof of relationship that you can. Additionally be prepared for the CO to ask you questions about this. Are there any other red flags in your relationship?

Correct.  Expect the totality of circumstances to be evaluated from start to finish.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
6 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Correct.  Expect the totality of circumstances to be evaluated from start to finish.

We got married I love her and she cheated on me and I divorced her. Which I have a piece of evidence.. well I Reid about red flags online and I understand that if they file.for you 2 times from different people that's what makes it a red flag but anyway am just here to learn so what should I do. I don't have any more red flag.

25 minutes ago, Ed Keri said:

Timeline
9 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

I don't understand what you mean from start to finish

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Are you older than your second wife?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

42 minutes ago, Ed Keri said:

We got married I love her and she cheated on me and I divorced her. Which I have a piece of evidence.. well I Reid about red flags online and I understand that if they file.for you 2 times from different people that's what makes it a red flag but anyway am just here to learn so what should I do. I don't have any more red flag.

They look at more than just if you were filed for twice. They look at previous marriages to foreign nationals regardless if they filed. They look at unusual marriage history and if a divorce and a new marriage dates are close. They also will look at if there is a large age difference. Additionally, they look at unusual cultural differences. Also factor in you are from a high fraud country. You need to include a lot of evidence and make many visits. Be prepared for the hard questions the CO will ask you.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ed Keri said:

I don't understand what you mean from start to finish

All the way through the process, USCIS, to NVC, to Consulate interview.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
3 hours ago, pushbrk said:

All the way through the process, USCIS, to NVC, to Consulate interview.

Sir I don't understand what your talking about can you please break it down it explain further

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ed Keri said:

Sir I don't understand what your talking about can you please break it down it explain further

You are involved in a process with multiple steps and two separate US Government agencies.  If you want to understand the process from start to finish, start by clicking on the word GUIDES at the top of any page here.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
5 hours ago, EmmNM said:

They look at more than just if you were filed for twice. They look at previous marriages to foreign nationals regardless if they filed. They look at unusual marriage history and if a divorce and a new marriage dates are close. They also will look at if there is a large age difference. Additionally, they look at unusual cultural differences. Also factor in you are from a high fraud country. You need to include a lot of evidence and make many visits. Be prepared for the hard questions the CO will ask you.

Alright I understand what you mean but then we whete filing for the petiton they asked if I was married before and where she was from and her date or birth and location I gave it to them on the i-130 form and I included my divorce papers when we where sending the petition to the USCIS. I have submitted alot of evidence on the front load and I just hope it will be enough... Is there any tips you can give me incase of some questions comes at the interview. Cause what am telling you here is what it's I dont know if that will convince them

Timeline
3 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You are involved in a process with multiple steps and two separate US Government agencies.  If you want to understand the process from start to finish, start by clicking on the word GUIDES at the top of any page here.

We already file a petition and we got approved by the USCIS we are now at the NVC stage waiting for case number. To pay fees. Am just asking what can be done at Interview

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Ed Keri said:

We already file a petition and we got approved by the USCIS we are now at the NVC stage waiting for case number. To pay fees. Am just asking what can be done at Interview

Tell the truth.  Be prepared.  Be aware the decision is likely to have already been made before the interview begins.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Tell the truth.  Be prepared.  Be aware the decision is likely to have already been made before the interview begins.

Oh okay... Yeah I Reid about that online but I have no idea what will be my answer when they ask me why did I got married Soo soon in 5 to 6 months time after my divorce because my wife and I discussed it because we are Christian's and we where not satisfied having an affair without been married so we decided to get married cause we want to be together and make family

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.