Klee

Renewing my EAD/AP...have a few questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

I have about 150 days until my combo card expires so I'm putting together the paperwork now and have a few questions. I entered the US on a K-1 visa from Canada and am still waiting on my green card.

From the I-765 form:

• "15. Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" Then it lists USCIS and dates. I put my USCIS office as Seattle, what would I put for dates? The date that my EAD was approved? The date they received my application?
  • I used my AP a month after getting my card to visit home, so I listed the border crossing and the date I came back into the US as my last entry (they issued me a new I-94). So for "18. Status at last entry" and "19. Current immigration Status" is "Pending AoS" a fine response?
  • "20. Eligibility category" My eligibility would still be c9 ?

For the I-131:

• For "6. Class of Admission", would this also be "pending AoS"? I thought it might be "k-1" but since I used my AP to go back to Canada when I returned I was allowed entry based on my pending I-485 so that's my logic.
  • For application type I chose "1.d. I am applying for an Advance Parole Document to allow me to return to the United States after temporary foreign travel" I skipped all of the "Part 3. Processing information" section as I did when I first applied. There is still no need to fill in this section, correct?

In general are there any other sections from these forms that are different than when applying for the first time?

Thank you so much!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Also, as far as documents go I am following this guide. I saved the tear off notice that came with my card. Should I be attaching the actual tear-off portion with my application or is a photocopy sufficient? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.