yoocki

Adjustment of status for child from foriegn countries

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm a green card holder and my husband is a u.s.citizen.

We've been married for 3 years and now I want to bring my child from foriegn country.

My kid will visit me soon for a month and if he likes to live with me, can I file adjustment of status for him while he is here instead of going back to the country and file ir-2?

Please tell me if possible?

Thanks

Nope. That's visa fraud. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Entry without an immigrant visa (or visa designed to transition to permanent residence such as a K1, which is not relevant in this case), with the intent (or potential intent) to remain, is not legal.

You never actually followed those advices?

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

12 minutes ago, old-fella said:

Was the child mentioned while you were being petitioned by your husband?

Do you even have a custody of child?

Last but not the least, I don't think LPR can AOS child

I second all other guys who mentioned about Visa Fraud

It says here that LPR can petition for unmarried children and unmarried adult kids. But OP should not bring her child over on a tourist visa or other visa and attempt to AoS while the child is still present in the US.

Edited by mushroomspore

2 minutes ago, Roel said:

Oh just saw this. Why wasn't this process followed? Seems like it would've been easier with a shorter wait since the child had a year to follow her. But now it's been 2 years and the child is still overseas.

3 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

It says here that LPR can petition for unmarried children and unmarried adult kids. But OP should not bring her child over on a tourist visa or other visa and attempt to AoS while the child is still present in the US.

i didn't say OP can't petition. I questioned if LPR have rights to AOS their kids 

3 hours ago, Roel said:

Thanks for your sarcasm, I have 2 boys and this case is for my youngest cuz my oldest one decided to stay in Korea. 

Anything else?

3 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

Oh just saw this. Why wasn't this process followed? Seems like it would've been easier with a shorter wait since the child had a year to follow her. But now it's been 2 years and the child is still overseas.

That case was for my oldest son and he decided not coming. 

Now my youngest think about moving here so I had to ask about this situation. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, yoocki said:

That case was for my oldest son and he decided not coming. 

Now my youngest think about moving here so I had to ask about this situation. 

Thanks

Oh gotcha. Advice still stands: file after he goes back home.

7 hours ago, old-fella said:

Was the child mentioned while you were being petitioned by your husband?

Do you even have a custody of child?

Last but not the least, I don't think LPR can AOS child

I second all other guys who mentioned about Visa Fraud

Yes, he was mentioned 

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.