ImagineMe

Medical exam taking 1 week for results

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Ok, so after reading the consulates website regarding the medical exam, it looks like the hospital is supposed to give the results the same day. But according to the hospital, it will be a week before she gets the results in her sealed envelope, and we have the interview scheduled for the 21st, in 2 days. I'm supposed to fly to Seoul to join her for the interview on the 21st but now we won't have the exam results with us. I had told her before that I thought she should do this asap in the beginning but the website had us convinced she would get whats needed the same day. 

Question is, is it pointless to even go to the interview now or would we still be able to do it and they would have her bring the results later once they arrived, then made their decision? I wanted to post this before trying to call the consulate regarding the situation in case I couldn't get ahold of the embassy.

Edited by ImagineMe

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
7 hours ago, ImagineMe said:

Ok, so after reading the consulates website regarding the medical exam, it looks like the hospital is supposed to give the results the same day. But according to the hospital, it will be a week before she gets the results in her sealed envelope, and we have the interview scheduled for the 21st, in 2 days. I'm supposed to fly to Seoul to join her for the interview on the 21st but now we won't have the exam results with us. I had told her before that I thought she should do this asap in the beginning but the website had us convinced she would get whats needed the same day. 

Question is, is it pointless to even go to the interview now or would we still be able to do it and they would have her bring the results later once they arrived, then made their decision? I wanted to post this before trying to call the consulate regarding the situation in case I couldn't get ahold of the embassy.

I never heard of getting a visa medical packet same day of exam.  Someone here told you that?  Some of the tests take 3 days to run.

Advice:  Attend the interview, drop them at the consulate sometime after the interview.  You need the medical results for the visa, not for the interview and this is also what the consulate will very likely advise you to do.

After my wife's medical, I picked the medical results up 4-5 (business) days later.  A week sounds about right.

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I guess the wording on the ustraveldocs website made us think that it would be fairly quick. 

"The physician will give the medical report and chest X-ray to you in a sealed envelope. Please submit a medical report only to the Embassy."

I thought I read somewhere at another country where they had everything done and were able to get the paperwork same or next day so they could go to the interview soon after. Guess thats why I never thought to ask about it on here. I wish she had listened to me about doing it asap because she also scheduled a flight back to China for the 28th, a week later. I told her she will probably have to either cancel it or reschedule it when she gets her visa. I think she thought she knew what she was doing. Then again, we misinterpreted the websites instructions.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ImagineMe said:

I guess the wording on the ustraveldocs website made us think that it would be fairly quick. 

"The physician will give the medical report and chest X-ray to you in a sealed envelope. Please submit a medical report only to the Embassy."

I thought I read somewhere at another country where they had everything done and were able to get the paperwork same or next day so they could go to the interview soon after. Guess thats why I never thought to ask about it on here. I wish she had listened to me about doing it asap because she also scheduled a flight back to China for the 28th, a week later. I told her she will probably have to either cancel it or reschedule it when she gets her visa. I think she thought she knew what she was doing. Then again, we misinterpreted the websites instructions.

Not possible (one day).  The results aren't in for about 3 days and the doctor can't fill out all the paperwork until the results come in. 

Flights a week out might also be pushing it.  1-2 weeks for passport in hand with visa is a more reasonable expectation, there's some processing and data entry after the interview that takes a few days.  It is very likely that the flight will need to be pushed out probably an (at a minimum) additional week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.