jenimjones

Warning to those submitting documents via Ceac

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just a warning! We had two documents (birth certificate and passport) rejected because they were uploaded to Ceac in a horizontal orientation, as opposed to vertical. I cannot find anything about orientation being an issue on the directions for submission

Everything else was approved, and we resubmitted the documents in the correct orientation as soon as we got the notice.

However, we are now back waiting for the documents to be reviewed, which (I was told when I called the NVC today) can take up to another 6 weeks! Fingers crossed it won't take this long, as it took 2.5 weeks for them to be originally reviewed.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Good to know.  I've never understood why anybody would deviate from standard procedure and submit documents, scan documents, or copy documents horizontally though.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We don't remember doing it, it was an accident. We didn't realize we were "deviating".

Just hoping I can help someone else avoid this mistake.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It'd be nice if they actually included this information in their official guide, but evidently that's too much to ask of the NVC *rolls eyes*

Only reason I know is from hearing others who have gotten checklists. Hope you get your cc soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/6/2018 at 7:49 AM, jenimjones said:

We don't remember doing it, it was an accident. We didn't realize we were "deviating".

Just hoping I can help someone else avoid this mistake.

Hi! When they told you to resubmit, did the document appeared as rejected or accepted? I submitted my documents in CEAC, they left me a note saying to delete and re-upload in another document name (which I don´t understand why), but the document appears as accepted and there´s no way of deleting it. 

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.