Mrs Burton

Expedite approved

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone  who had there case expedite ans approved and sent to Jamaica have  any idea how long it takes for the Embassy to call you to schedule your interview, case was sent electronically last Thursday? 

14 hours ago, Mrs Taylor said:

Does anyone  who had there case expedite ans approved and sent to Jamaica have  any idea how long it takes for the Embassy to call you to schedule your interview, case was sent electronically last Thursday? 

You are responsible for scheduling your interview online. https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv go to this website to register, pay fee and schedule appointment. 

Keep in mind that you have to FIRST complete and sign the DS-160 before you can schedule your interview and medical exam. The system will not let you schedule your interview until the DS-160 is completed. 

In Google, search Packet 3 Kingston, and you will see a link that provides the steps that you must follow in order to schedule the interview. I was trying to attach it here but the website won't allow me for some reason. 

You can also search Packet 3 Jamaica here on the website and find the checklist that was provided by another member a while back. 

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

You are responsible for scheduling your interview online. https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv go to this website to register, pay fee and schedule appointment. 

Keep in mind that you have to FIRST complete and sign the DS-160 before you can schedule your interview and medical exam. The system will not let you schedule your interview until the DS-160 is completed. 

In Google, search Packet 3 Kingston, and you will see a link that provides the steps that you must follow in order to schedule the interview. I was trying to attach it here but the website won't allow me for some reason. 

You can also search Packet 3 Jamaica here on the website and find the checklist that was provided by another member a while back. 

Thank you the ds-260 not invoices so I can’t complete it, I of to wait for the embassy to open it up for me to complete it. 

Edited by Mrs Taylor

1 minute ago, Mrs Taylor said:

Thank you the ds-260 not invoices so I can’t complete it, I of to wait for the embassy to open it up for me to complete it. 

My apologies, when I responded I couldn't see your filing status and didn't realize you're doing the spousal visa. However, you still need to register online and create a profile because you will be scheduling your interview through there. Here is the steps that you have to take as part of spousal visa found on the Kingston Embassy website: https://jm.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

What I would recommend is sending an email to the embassy advising you are requesting Packet 3 instructions in order to schedule your interview. Although I did the K1 visa, when I emailed them saying I needed the Packet 3 instructions, they responded back confirming receipt of our petition and provided the steps necessary to schedule.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

My apologies, when I responded I couldn't see your filing status and didn't realize you're doing the spousal visa. However, you still need to register online and create a profile because you will be scheduling your interview through there. Here is the steps that you have to take as part of spousal visa found on the Kingston Embassy website: https://jm.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

What I would recommend is sending an email to the embassy advising you are requesting Packet 3 instructions in order to schedule your interview. Although I did the K1 visa, when I emailed them saying I needed the Packet 3 instructions, they responded back confirming receipt of our petition and provided the steps necessary to schedule.

Thank you very much, I just email them 

Timeline

For the CR1 the interview is scheduled for you. However I don’t know if it’s different when you have an expedited case. Did you contact NVC to ask them? I remember when we were going through, I called them and they gave me the interview date over the phone but again it wasn’t an expedited case. 

@Trinab80 Congrats on your approval!🙌🏽

6 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

For the CR1 the interview is scheduled for you. However I don’t know if it’s different when you have an expedited case. Did you contact NVC to ask them? I remember when we were going through, I called them and they gave me the interview date over the phone but again it wasn’t an expedited case. 

Thank you very much!!!! Tomorrow is POE!!!!! This day can't go by fast enough!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
On 10/27/2017 at 9:30 PM, dwheels76 said:

I have added you.

4 hours ago, angelbrown said:

the embassy schedules  the interview

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Mrs Taylor said:

Ok good to know for others who may ask. So when it’s expedited, the embassy will contact you? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

Ok good to know for others who may ask. So when it’s expedited, the embassy will contact you? 

1 hour ago, Mrs Taylor said:

Nvm, did a quick search on here and it says the embassy will instruct you on how to schedule your interview. Good luck!

Timeline
Just now, angelbrown said:

Nvm, did a quick search on here and it says the embassy will instruct you on how to schedule your interview. Good luck!

When you’re case is expedite the embassy contact you for the interview, others I know that was granted on expedite the embassy contact there spouse with an interview date.. per the email I got today they couldn’t schedule mine due to my DS-260 not completed which I did today 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mrs Taylor said:

When you’re case is expedite the embassy contact you for the interview, others I know that was granted on expedite the embassy contact there spouse with an interview date.. per the email I got today they couldn’t schedule mine due to my DS-260 not completed which I did today 

Ok gotcha 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/19/2018 at 7:54 PM, Mrs Taylor said:

Yea good luck 

I got my NVC expedite approved today.  Mrs Taylor what happened next for you - I went online and paid but I am thinking that I did that wrong because I should have waited for the Embassy.  You and I are both at the Ja Embassy and I see you also got an NVC Expedite so any help on next steps will help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.