Paolo11

Newbie question. US Citizen from k1 Visa question

9 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

She is eligible to apply after 3 years of LPR status if she is still married to the spouse who sponsored her K1, or after 5 years of LPR status is she is no longer married to that person. Application window opens 90 days before each date. There is no “best” time.. each person decides when or if they apply 

I am the spouse who did her k1. So I can apply now, right?

Also, any tips? Do I need to submit more evidence? Also,  I make two separate checks. One is for biometrics and other is for the application fee, yes? Any more forms I need to work on aside from n400? Sorry for asking.

9 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

She has been eligible to apply since 2017

I suggest to apply online 

https://www.uscis.gov/n-400

Is it faster or reliable than mail? Also, can I pay the fee online like a credit card instead of mailing check?

6 minutes ago, Paolo11 said:

Is it faster or reliable than mail? Also, can I pay the fee online like a credit card instead of mailing check?

I believe so and you can fill out G-1450 to pay with credit card. I suggest you read the instructions which are in the link I sent. I made one check it doesn't really matter. 

Edited by little immigrant

1 minute ago, Paolo11 said:

What’s your local office?

I’m in San Antonio. I filed on paper. We received my husband’s interview notice prior to some VJ users filing online at a similar time. I suggest doing some research for your local office. Go to immigration timelines for N-400 and search for your particular office. Then you can see how quickly online cases are moving compared to others.

Wishing all of your luck on your immigration journeys.

Just now, KDMG12 said:

What’s your local office?

I’m in San Antonio. I filed on paper. We received my husband’s interview notice prior to some VJ users filing online at a similar time. I suggest doing some research for your local office. Go to immigration timelines for N-400 and search for your particular office. Then you can see how quickly online cases are moving compared to others.

Los Angeles, CA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Dee elle said:

She is eligible to apply after 3 years of LPR status if she is still married to the spouse who sponsored her K1, or after 5 years of LPR status is she is no longer married to that person. Application window opens 90 days before each date. There is no “best” time.. each person decides when or if they apply 

Just one point of clarification - the 3 year rule applies to anyone married to a USC, not just the USC who originally petitioned them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.