-1-

K1 visa questions for Irish members

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Myself and my fiance have sent of the i-129f application today, I was wondering for any of you who have been through the whole k1 process from Ireland, how long the entire process takes from start to finish. Any advice any of you have would be great too.

Thanks a mil

Lyndsey :)

33 minutes ago, Lyndsey88 said:

Hi everyone,

Myself and my fiance have sent of the i-129f application today, I was wondering for any of you who have been through the whole k1 process from Ireland, how long the entire process takes from start to finish. Any advice any of you have would be great too.

Thanks a mil

Lyndsey :)

Hi Lyndsey,

I am not from Ireland but right now it takes roughly 7-12 months from start until visa on hand if all going smooth.

we are applying from Germany. and it took us 6 months until we got noa 2

Good luck

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Just now, Christy&J said:

Hi Lyndsey,

I am not from Ireland but right now it takes roughly 7-12 months from start until visa on hand if all going smooth.

we are applying from Germany. and it took us 6 months until we got noa 2

Good luck

Thanks so much for the reply Christy, I've been finding such a variation in timelines, its all so confusing. How have you found the whole process? Have you moved yet? 

Just now, LyndseyLoo88 said:

Thanks so much for the reply Christy, I've been finding such a variation in timelines, its all so confusing. How have you found the whole process? Have you moved yet? 

the whole process is required patient. this is really challenging for your relationship.

we are quiet lucky to be able see each other every month or 2 months, but still this process is " something else"

my interview is 20 June so I am almost done with K1 visa yet still way away until I received EAD, GC etc.

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

I think even just being in a relationship with an ocean separating you is about patience, something i am not. That's great you get to see each other so regularly, we aim for the same time too. Have you had any difficulty going to the US while you're waiting for the K1 visa to come through?  

Whats the EAD and GC-sorry for all the questions.

Eek only 2 more days-sending you so much luck!

15 minutes ago, LyndseyLoo88 said:

I think even just being in a relationship with an ocean separating you is about patience, something i am not. That's great you get to see each other so regularly, we aim for the same time too. Have you had any difficulty going to the US while you're waiting for the K1 visa to come through?  

Whats the EAD and GC-sorry for all the questions.

Eek only 2 more days-sending you so much luck!

EAD- Employment authorization Documents, GC green card..

I never had problem visiting the US. as long as you show ties to your home country...you should be fine :) 

Thank you. yes I cant wait for this whole process to be done .

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

I have a head like a sieve today! You have to wait until you're married to get them right? 

oh thats great to know, I was so worried that I wouldnt be able to go over as often, I'm there that much the emigration officers in Dublin airport know me. 

I can imagine, they'll tell you the same day if they're granting you the visa right? how long has your process been?

The only part of the process where Ireland comes into play is at the very end at the embassy stage. The I-129F and NVC stages take the vast majority of the time right now in most cases. Expect ~7-9 months from I-129F filing until the embassy gets the petition. Then it's usually about 1-3 months at the embassy to go through processing and get an interview slot.

A quick search here shows that it's usually about 1-2 months for Dublin at that stage.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

14 hours ago, geowrian said:

The only part of the process where Ireland comes into play is at the very end at the embassy stage. The I-129F and NVC stages take the vast majority of the time right now in most cases. Expect ~7-9 months from I-129F filing until the embassy gets the petition. Then it's usually about 1-3 months at the embassy to go through processing and get an interview slot.

A quick search here shows that it's usually about 1-2 months for Dublin at that stage.

Thanks so much for that!

23 hours ago, LyndseyLoo88 said:

I have a head like a sieve today! You have to wait until you're married to get them right? 

oh thats great to know, I was so worried that I wouldnt be able to go over as often, I'm there that much the emigration officers in Dublin airport know me. 

I can imagine, they'll tell you the same day if they're granting you the visa right? how long has your process been?

yes after married then ead, gc.

just make sure that you are not there longer than 90 days ( I am not 100% sure) in 365 days .

otherwise they would think you are trying to immigrate.

I am having my interview  tomorrow and yes according to experience my friends have they will tell you immediately if you are approved or no. but every embassy is different tho

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

6 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

yes after married then ead, gc.

just make sure that you are not there longer than 90 days ( I am not 100% sure) in 365 days .

otherwise they would think you are trying to immigrate.

I am having my interview  tomorrow and yes according to experience my friends have they will tell you immediately if you are approved or no. but every embassy is different tho

They ask a million questions to make sure you aren't trying to emigrate at the airport.

So happy for you that it could all be done by tomorrow, I have everything crossed for you they tell you before you leave-you'll have to let me know how it goes? How long has your entire process been?

1 minute ago, Lyndsey88 said:

They ask a million questions to make sure you aren't trying to emigrate at the airport.

So happy for you that it could all be done by tomorrow, I have everything crossed for you they tell you before you leave-you'll have to let me know how it goes? How long has your entire process been?

Thank you.

you can check my timeline or you can also try to find people from Ireland timeline here.

we got RFE (Request for Evidence) after 6 months waiting, then approval 10 days upon RFE reply.  the whole process has been over 8 months...cant wait for this to be done.

I will write review when I am done tomorrow :) 

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

35 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

Thank you.

you can check my timeline or you can also try to find people from Ireland timeline here.

we got RFE (Request for Evidence) after 6 months waiting, then approval 10 days upon RFE reply.  the whole process has been over 8 months...cant wait for this to be done.

I will write review when I am done tomorrow :) 

What evidence did they ask for?

I'll be looking forward to reading it:) 

1 minute ago, Lyndsey88 said:

What evidence did they ask for?

I'll be looking forward to reading it:) 

I am working for DoD they want reference.

:) 

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.