The Nature  Boy

Obama had direct contact with Clinton on private email server: IG report

70 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

yes you do. All I have said in this whole thread was it is obvious Obama lied. As for does it mean anything other than he lied. Nope

You pretty much nailed it in your post. All politicians lie 

OK. That was easy. I agree they lie too much. I guess we were reading too much into this.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline
On 6/15/2018 at 12:54 PM, bcking said:

Apparently not, considering the IG report states pretty clearly that none of their communications included classified information. "Classified information" is still classified regardless of who is talking about it. "Donald Duck" sharing classified information is still sharing classified information, even though it's "Donald Duck". (Though I am curious what his pseudonym was...)

We talked pretty extensively about Hillary's involvement in this (which, obviously, is much more direct). I was under the impression this thread was specifically about Obama's connection, which was apparently minor and didn't include anything classified.

30,000 deleted emails might prove otherwise.  Why do you think they were deleted???

But, we'll never know, will we?  

On 6/15/2018 at 2:41 PM, bcking said:

Just because it didn't end in .gov doesn't mean it wasn't government sanctioned and controlled. He was communicating about non-classified information, my guess he didn't bother asking in those circumstances because it didn't matter much for the communication exchange that was going on.

He was President. There's a good chance the President uses a pseudonym in just about all cases other than "official memo" type situations where he signs something as President. Even if it wasn't classified information, it was still a communication from the President. Probably best to just always go with a pseudonym.

But it seems like the IG has reviewed the email communications between Obama and Hillary's private email server and, in fact, he did not discuss any classified information. So there is nothing important here.

I seem to recall Comey saying the same thing about Hillary, which was a blatant lie.  She got away with breaking the law, so why wouldn't Obama be absolved at the same time?

Take off your blinders.

Edited by IDWAF

Just now, IDWAF said:

I seem to recall Comey sayung the same thing about Hillary, which was a blatant lie.  She got away with breaking the law, so why wouldn't Obama be absolved at the same time?

Take off your blinders.

So the inspector general is now part of the massive "deep state" conspiracy?

Who isn't these days? Take off your tin foil. It won't protect you.

1 minute ago, IDWAF said:

Do YOU believe Hillary was innocent of wrongdoing by using her private server?

No she is guilty. I agree it didn't warrant criminal charges, but she definitely made a mistake.

I see no evidence so far that Obama did anything wrong, hwoever. Nor do I see definitive evidence that he lied.

10 minutes ago, bcking said:

No she is guilty. I agree it didn't warrant criminal charges, but she definitely made a mistake.

I see no evidence so far that Obama did anything wrong, hwoever. Nor do I see definitive evidence that he lied.

Well, we differ on the criminal charge part then.  There should be no loopholes when it comes to national security.  Soldiers who accidentally have secret files on a thumb drive outside the SCIF go to jail.  Ditto the ones who take innocent pics of submarines.

Hillary KNEW what she was doing, and also figured she could get away with it.  Turns out she was right.

7 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Well, we differ on the criminal charge part then.  There should be no loopholes when it comes to national security.  Soldiers who accidentally have secret files on a thumb drive outside the SCIF go to jail.  Ditto the ones who take innocent pics of submarines.

Hillary KNEW what she was doing, and also figured she could get away with it.  Turns out she was right.

I could have gone either way honestly. If the recommendation had been to pursue criminal charges, I would have thought that was reasonable. I also though Comey's rationale not to pursue it was also reasonable. I didn't feel strongly in either direction.

Even with her serious mistake regarding emails I still thought she was a better candidate for President. Trump disqualified himself in several ways, in my eyes.

But we are getting way off topic here. The topic was mostly whether Obama lied about knowing she used a private email server. The fact that he sent some emails to it does not prove to me that he knew it was a private server that was unregulated by the government. He still could have been clueless to the fact that it was run out of her household.

Trump trumps Hillary IMHO.  Always will.

But as for Obama not knowing?  I seriously doubt it.  Having had a low security government email address, you quickly learn that many emails and files cannot be sent to/from private entities.  In order for them to communicate anything except simple text emails, the protocols would have to be modified to allow them to work at that level.

Just my opinion, but he knew.  As did many.  But it doesn't matter now, probably never will.  Let's focus on how horrible Trump has been for America, shall we?

39 minutes ago, bcking said:

I could have gone either way honestly. If the recommendation had been to pursue criminal charges, I would have thought that was reasonable. I also though Comey's rationale not to pursue it was also reasonable. I didn't feel strongly in either direction.

Even with her serious mistake regarding emails I still thought she was a better candidate for President. Trump disqualified himself in several ways, in my eyes.

But we are getting way off topic here. The topic was mostly whether Obama lied about knowing she used a private email server. The fact that he sent some emails to it does not prove to me that he knew it was a private server that was unregulated by the government. He still could have been clueless to the fact that it was run out of her household.

4 pages in you figure out the topic is not classified emails. Bravo 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The FBI under Comey was a ship of fools. And cost Clinton the election

Jill Abramson

Jill Abramson

Some are having issues letting go

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/15/shameless-president-trump-comey-emails-clinton-charity

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

4 pages in you figure out the topic is not classified emails. Bravo 

Read a few pages back. I've been talking about two things at once. Hope you're alright with that? You seem to be struggling.

Edited by bcking

On 6/15/2018 at 12:15 PM, bcking said:

You know he lied how? 

Whether or not the information is classified is what matters. I communicate with my coworkers using my personal email account also. I just don't talk about work in those emails (no patient information etc...). 

The psychiatric hospital comment was more just an observation about the "vast conspiracies" fear that seem to be gripping the country. It just makes me sad to see where our country is right now.

Back on page two.

4 hours ago, bcking said:

Back on page two.

Your talking to yourself about posts about mental hospitals.

Hmmm. I ain't touching that. Nature boy Dusting off DMS 5