The Nature  Boy

Obama had direct contact with Clinton on private email server: IG report

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

So you are saying he knew he wasn't on a .gov server, so he didn't use his official .gov account and didn't discuss classified information?

I have no idea if he was using his own private email.  The statement was that Obama may not have known he was replying to a private email when communicating with his SoS.  I would  think the lack of the standard suffix would be apparent to someone as intelligent as our former president.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, bcking said:

Which isn't necessarily untrue. He may not have realised when he replied to emails that he was replying to a private email server.

If an IVY league graduate with a degree in Law cant notice their is no .gov, then by god we are all in trouble.

9 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I would think the lack of the .gov suffix would have been fairly obvious.

Just because it didn't end in .gov doesn't mean it wasn't government sanctioned and controlled. He was communicating about non-classified information, my guess he didn't bother asking in those circumstances because it didn't matter much for the communication exchange that was going on.

32 minutes ago, Merle said:

Where did it say anything about hot dogs andd bbq? Why would you use a fake name and am unauthorized server to just shoot the breeze?

He was President. There's a good chance the President uses a pseudonym in just about all cases other than "official memo" type situations where he signs something as President. Even if it wasn't classified information, it was still a communication from the President. Probably best to just always go with a pseudonym.

8 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I am not sure the FBI was investigating Obama in relation to the Hillary email “matter”.

But it seems like the IG has reviewed the email communications between Obama and Hillary's private email server and, in fact, he did not discuss any classified information. So there is nothing important here.

3 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I have no idea if he was using his own private email.  The statement was that Obama may not have known he was replying to a private email when communicating with his SoS.  I would  think the lack of the standard suffix would be apparent to someone as intelligent as our former president.

I don't know either, but as I said, I'm assuming if there was specific evidence of wrong doing they would have (or will) acted on it. 

It's possible Obama might have known it was her official private server and is now lying and getting away with it, or he might have been using his personal email and thought Hillary was using hers too. Personally, I don't have enough information to know which, so the best I can do is go with the information that's out there. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

4 minutes ago, bcking said:

Just because it didn't end in .gov doesn't mean it wasn't government sanctioned and controlled. He was communicating about non-classified information, my guess he didn't bother asking in those circumstances because it didn't matter much for the communication exchange that was going on.

He was President. There's a good chance the President uses a pseudonym in just about all cases other than "official memo" type situations where he signs something as President. Even if it wasn't classified information, it was still a communication from the President. Probably best to just always go with a pseudonym.

But it seems like the IG has reviewed the email communications between Obama and Hillary's private email server and, in fact, he did not discuss any classified information. So there is nothing important here.

Not one person other than you is talking about classified information 

Image result for deflector shield

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Not one person other than you is talking about classified information 

Image result for deflector shield

I'm talking about two things at once. I think you can keep up.

1. He still didn't necessarily know that the email he was replying to was a "private email server" when he replied

2. His communications weren't a security breach (even unknowingly), because they didn't include any classified information

Timeline
1 minute ago, bcking said:

Was it government sanctioned?  As to the IG report, there is a lot of double talk coming out of this thing.  No bias was observed, then we see that fairly high level folks in the mix of both investigations were clearly showing their bias.  Then the former director (Comey) goes on Fox and says if he knew then what he knows now they would have been removed, but there was no bias, then the current director goes on to say their will be new training for all agents to teach how to be objective and unbiased, but there was no bias.  A sitting president communicating with a sitting SoS with one using a home server and the other using an alias but there was no classified information shared and the president didn’t know it was a private server is quite hard to believe.  I guess I am not so trusting in our deep state.

Just now, Steeleballz said:

I guess I'm not getting where you are going with this either. What crime or charges do you suggest they pursue here?

"Lying in a CBS interview", the penalty of which should be prison for 50 years.

And we don't even know for certain that he lied.

Just now, Bill & Katya said:

Was it government sanctioned?  As to the IG report, there is a lot of double talk coming out of this thing.  No bias was observed, then we see that fairly high level folks in the mix of both investigations were clearly showing their bias.  Then the former director (Comey) goes on Fox and says if he knew then what he knows now they would have been removed, but there was no bias, then the current director goes on to say their will be new training for all agents to teach how to be objective and unbiased, but there was no bias.  A sitting president communicating with a sitting SoS with one using a home server and the other using an alias but there was no classified information shared and the president didn’t know it was a private server is quite hard to believe.  I guess I am not so trusting in our deep state.

No the email server was not, in the end. I'm saying Obama may not have known either way at the time of replying to it. 

The "alias" isn't a big deal to me, because my guess is the President uses one all the time. There was no classified information, because the report is telling us that. I'm not going to just assume that the "deep state" is corrupting this as well. The conspiracy theories have to stop somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, bcking said:

"Lying in a CBS interview", the penalty of which should be prison for 50 years.

And we don't even know for certain that he lied.

Last time I brought up lying, the response was that all politicians do it so it's OK. One wise guy even said it's expected.

So in conclusion, politicians are all liars, and we've all had our fill of nothing burgers. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, bcking said:

No the email server was not, in the end. I'm saying Obama may not have known either way at the time of replying to it. 

The "alias" isn't a big deal to me, because my guess is the President uses one all the time. There was no classified information, because the report is telling us that. I'm not going to just assume that the "deep state" is corrupting this as well. The conspiracy theories have to stop somewhere. 

I agree with the whole conspiracy theory stuff, but I am not going to take anything from the government career employees at face value considering what we have seen over the past several years.  Personally, I don’t think it is as much a party thing, but rather a Washington insider thing.  The main thing I am taking away from the entire IG report is that the FBI has a serious credibility problem that appears to be especially prevalent inside Washington.

56 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I guess I'm not getting where you are going with this either. What crime or charges do you suggest they pursue here?

No one said anything about a crime either. I have said it several times. 

14 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

No one said anything about a crime either. I have said it several times. 

Okay, but what's your beef? We can add it to the nothing burger and maybe we will have something. 

Basically that Obama (might have) lied? I don't know if he lied here, but he has lied about many other things. One of the many things I didn't like about Obama is how comfortably he could lie, and it's one of the many things I don't like about Trump. I don't like any politicians who lie, but that's basically all of them. I don't like liars in general, and I don't trust people in my personal life who I find lying. I certainly don't trust a government that peddles lies. 

Anyway that said, I still don't really know where you are going with this.

Just now, Steeleballz said:

Okay, but what's your beef? We can add it to the nothing burger and maybe we will have something. 

Basically that Obama (might have) lied? I don't know if he lied here, but he has lied about many other things. One of the many things I didn't like about Obama is how comfortably he could lie, and it's one of the many things I don't like about Trump. I don't like any politicians who lie, but that's basically all of them. I don't like liars in general, and I don't trust people in my personal life who I find lying. I certainly don't trust a government that peddles lies. 

Anyway that said, I still don't really know where you are going with this.

yes you do. All I have said in this whole thread was it is obvious Obama lied. As for does it mean anything other than he lied. Nope

You pretty much nailed it in your post. All politicians lie