Steeleballz

Trump faces backlash after saluting North Korean general

50 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Yes, but then why are you are still having some trouble with what happened here.  It's not the salute by Trump that is the issue, it's the fact the North Korean General did not hold his salute and they end up getting a picture where Trump is the only one saluting. I am saying they did that on purpose, and Trump got caught because he doesn't know any better. That is propaganda 101 and Trump walked right into it. 

Or are you suggesting Trump is the lower rank of the two? Cause that's what the picture is saying to the North Koreans. 

You are right. Lots of cameras and footage of the general saluting Trump, but oddly the press only shows Trump saluting back  . Surprising. Lol. Not

Here is the take away. When the only thing the MDL can attack Trump on is complimenting s foreign leader and saluting a General, you know we have won.

Oh yeah 2 scoops of ice cream and over feeding fish 

2 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Here is the take away. When the only thing the MDL can attack Trump on is complimenting s foreign leader and saluting a General, you know we have won.

Oh yeah 2 scoops of ice cream and over feeding fish 

Or you know you are still suffering from ODS. Help is available. 

Not so much an issue what our press shows. Most people don't like Trump already. Some do. Doubt that is going to change.

This photo was released by North Korea first. I'm sure they appreciate that Trump to gave them that. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

5 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Or you know you are still suffering from ODS. Help is available. 

Not so much an issue what our press shows. Most people don't like Trump already. Some do. Doubt that is going to change.

This photo was released by North Korea first. I'm sure they appreciate that Trump to gave them that. 

The while weekend was a massive PR win for NK. They have a ton of Americans now defending them and acting like they are so great and honorable.

It couldn't have gone better for them.

31 minutes ago, bcking said:

The while weekend was a massive PR win for NK. They have a ton of Americans now defending them and acting like they are so great and honorable.

It couldn't have gone better for them.

Well, Kim could have asked Trump to give them Hawaii. Likely Trump would have said yes, and the MDR would be saying it's all about the art of the deal and how great it was that Trump had just unloaded an active volcano on the unsuspecting North Koreans. 

All in all though, I think it was about the best NK could hope for. At least we got assurances that we could keep the nothing burger. It would have been a shame to come away empty.

Edited by Steeleballz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Might be premature to conclude with finality that the NorKs will get the whole burger.  Pres. Trump has double the lifetime experience of KJU in making deals; and plus, no one has really been privy to the entire story of what their caucus entailed.

Perhaps we should help them set up McDonald's throughout their country and kill them all with cholesterol-burgers.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

The look on everyone's face in the background says it all. Trump was played.

That's what I said to myself when Obama apologized to the world for 8 years.

oes1.jpg

As for Trump saluting a NK officer,  he could salute Lenin's dead body in Red Square and I wouldn't care,  What Trump supporters do care about is the direction of the country and it's looking pretty damn good under Trump's leadership.. Simply put, I'd much rather have a successful jerk in office than a charming failure. 

Edited by nykolos
missing word

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

but oddly the press only shows Trump saluting back  . Surprising. Lol. Not

You must been seen either the CNN or MSNBC version.

8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Might be premature to conclude with finality that the NorKs will get the whole burger.  Pres. Trump has double the lifetime experience of KJU in making deals; and plus, no one has really been privy to the entire story of what their caucus entailed.

Perhaps we should help them set up McDonald's throughout their country and kill them all with cholesterol-burgers.

KJU certainly doesn't need McDonald's. Hopefully we send them more fresh produce.

The only public agreement between us and NK is a flowery document stating NK remains "committed to denuclearization of the Korean peninsula". Unfortunately that doesn't mean there is going to be any follow-through. Time will tell. On paper they are still our enemy and still a nuclear threat, we are just closer to finding peace (hopefully). 

The next question will be whether we are okay with just "international" peace with NK, while allowing KJU to continue to oppress and subjugate people within his country. We don't have the greatest track record when we've gone into countries to try to "fix" them internally in the past, though at the same time I don't feel 100% comfortable with being "best buds" with a tyrant.

4 hours ago, nykolos said:

That's what I said to myself when Obama apologized to the world for 8 years.

oes1.jpg

As for Trump saluting a NK officer,  he could salute Lenin's dead body in Red Square and I wouldn't care,  What Trump supporters do care about is the direction of the country and it's looking pretty damn good under Trump's leadership.. Simply put, I'd much rather have a successful jerk in office than a charming failure. 

Seems to be the basic criteria for some. Did Trump do it? Then it's good. Did Obama do it? Then it's bad. Even when the actions are similar, Trump good, Obama bad.

These same people who accuse everyone of Trump derangement syndrome suffered themselves with Obama derangement syndrome for years, and many still haven't recovered. It's sad to see people still suffering from this. 

Many people who criticized Obama's weakness  for bowing would likely praise Trump for being respectful if he did the same. If people like or don't like Trump, that is there choice, but some are very hypocritical with the "why" part. They are not fooling anyone except themselves.

"We get along very well, we had good chemistry," 

"Don't let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same,"

"He's the head of a country. And I mean, he is the strong head," 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/392430-trump-i-want-americans-to-listen-to-me-like-north-koreans-listen-to

Sounds like trump has found his new Fortnite "duos" partner. 

A 1 hour livestream would litterally break the internet. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, jg121783 said:

The newest non issue CNN will spend all their time talking about.

Did they find that Malaysian airliner?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

But Trump is an idiotic dolt who doesn't act presidential and doesn't know how to do anything.

:devil:

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Seems to be the basic criteria for some. Did Trump do it? Then it's good. Did Obama do it? Then it's bad. Even when the actions are similar, Trump good, Obama bad.

These same people who accuse everyone of Trump derangement syndrome suffered themselves with Obama derangement syndrome for years, and many still haven't recovered. It's sad to see people still suffering from this. 

Many people who criticized Obama's weakness  for bowing would likely praise Trump for being respectful if he did the same. If people like or don't like Trump, that is there choice, but some are very hypocritical with the "why" part. They are not fooling anyone except themselves.

Tell me about it. Fox news was having a hissy fit when Obama said during his campaign that he would consider a meet with KJU.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

But Trump is an idiotic dolt who doesn't act presidential and doesn't know how to do anything.

You forgot Fat Orange Nixon. :bonk: 

Congratulations to you & Katya!  Why were you so silent about this, huh man?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).