Stefani amorim

K1 visa package - can I (beneficiary) send prints from my whatsapp account or should it be from the petitioner whatsapp account?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everybody, I am starting to complete the I129f form and preparing the package, and I decided to this this mostly by myself because I trust more in myself doing it than my fiance and then, I plan on sending it to him and he does his part, but I am collecting the messages from whastapp, skype, message but I noticed that all of them show my account it means that they will notice I printed the screens. My question is since the petitioner is supposed to do this part, could it be a problem and I should ask him to print those messages from his screen? 

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Stefani amorim said:

Hello everybody, I am starting to complete the I129f form and preparing the package, and I decided to this this mostly by myself because I trust more in myself doing it than my fiance and then, I plan on sending it to him and he does his part, but I am collecting the messages from whastapp, skype, message but I noticed that all of them show my account it means that they will notice I printed the screens. My question is since the petitioner is supposed to do this part, could it be a problem and I should ask him to print those messages from his screen? 

Thank you!

To be quite honest, as far as the iMessage or Whatsapp proof goes, I dont think it matters. In between myself and my wife we both printed messages screen shots and never had an issue with it. 

More than messages, remember to save flight tickets, photos of you two, maybe family photos or gathering that you guys did. Gift receipts etc.....

Remember that your fiancee as the USC has to be the one to apply, you actually need to trust him because during this all process he will be required to provide all sorts of evidences. 

Good luck with everything.

Edited by T_P

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, T_P said:

To be quite honest, as far as the iMessage or Whatsapp proof goes, I dont think it matters. In between myself and my wife we both printed messages screen shots and never had an issue with it. 

More than messages, remember to save flight tickets, photos of you two, maybe family photos or gathering that you guys did. Gift receipts etc.....Good luck with everything.

Thank you so much ☺

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stefani amorim said:

Thank you so much ☺

You bet. I went through the same process one and half year ago, know exactly what you mean. Additionally came from Brazil as well so if you need any help, just share and will be willing to help. 

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, T_P said:

You bet. I went through the same process one and half year ago, know exactly what you mean. Additionally came from Brazil as well so if you need any help, just share and will be willing to help. 

Ohh thats really kind of you! I am starting it now. Kinda lost with a lot of questions and there is a red flag in my case ( we met few months ago during my vacation to the U.S) so I am kinda scared of making mistakes. Thank you sooo much! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Stefani amorim said:

Ohh thats really kind of you! I am starting it now. Kinda lost with a lot of questions and there is a red flag in my case ( we met few months ago during my vacation to the U.S) so I am kinda scared of making mistakes. Thank you sooo much! 

Dont be scared. Focus on your relationship, what I tell everyone is, if you relationship is real, true and you guys really want to be together for life, keep it going. K1 is a patient challenge and you will learn a lot along the way but like I said, your ultimate goal is to be with your loved one and it will be worthy it. 

When you start following VJ you will see all sorts of cases, so yours is completely valid. There are cases where people met online and have never seen each other in person, can you believe on that? Anyways....Keep it strong. 

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
36 minutes ago, T_P said:

Dont be scared. Focus on your relationship, what I tell everyone is, if you relationship is real, true and you guys really want to be together for life, keep it going. K1 is a patient challenge and you will learn a lot along the way but like I said, your ultimate goal is to be with your loved one and it will be worthy it. 

When you start following VJ you will see all sorts of cases, so yours is completely valid. There are cases where people met online and have never seen each other in person, can you believe on that? Anyways....Keep it strong. 

I agree with this as well, throughout this process ( I am at NOA2 stage getting prepared for him to do the medical and interview) that too often we all will over analyze what EXACT way they want it but I think we need to keep looking at it more simple and if you are indeed in a true loving relationship any documents whether yours or the other will be sufficient! All about the content 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Stefani amorim said:

Thank you!

Waste of time, energy and paper.  Uscis is not interested in this kind of evidence

YMMV

Timeline
12 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Waste of time, energy and paper.  Uscis is not interested in this kind of evidence

Hi, this is just the evidence of ongoing relationship. I have passport stamps, tickets, pictures(one of them was taken by the bar photographer and it is on its official website) hotel receipt and even uber receipts from my fiance and I as a proof we were at the same place and on the same time together. I dont know a lot about the process, but I saw that these are the real main evidences ☺

Timeline
Just now, Stefani amorim said:

Hi, this is just the evidence of ongoing relationship. I have passport stamps, tickets, pictures(one of them was taken by the bar photographer and it is on its official website) hotel receipt and even uber receipts from my fiance and I as a proof we were at the same place and on the same time together. I dont know a lot about the process, but I saw that these are the real main evidences ☺

Ongoing relationship is proved at the interview, not at the petition phase

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

I`m sorry, but the way you are saying it, it makes it sound like they (USCIS) dont need to prove anything at the first packet i-129.....(thats what it makes it sound like). Yes, they need to send proof of having meet in person how it describes (https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f). I guess everyone judge it differently depending on your own experience and If I were to say, I`d recommend sending your flight tickets, your chats etc etc....

Evidence for Petitions to Classify a Fiancé(e) as a K-1 Nonimmigrant In addition to the evidence described above, you must submit evidence of:

B. In-Person Meeting. Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) met in person during the 2-year period
immediately before you filed this petition. Evidence of this meeting may include, but is not limited to, a
written statement from you and/or your fiancé(e) stating the circumstances of your meeting, a copy of airline
tickets, passport pages, or other evidence. If you believe you qualify for an exception to the in-person meeting
requirement, submit evidence in support of the exception.

If you claim that the in-person meeting requirement would result in extreme hardship to you, submit evidence to
support your claim.
If you claim that the in-person meeting requirement would violate strict and long-established customs of
your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice, include evidence that any and all aspects of the traditional
arrangements have been or will be met in accordance with the custom or practice.

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

Timeline
17 minutes ago, T_P said:

I`m sorry, but the way you are saying it, it makes it sound like they (USCIS) dont need to prove anything at the first packet i-129.....(thats what it makes it sound like). Yes, they need to send proof of having meet in person how it describes (https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f). I guess everyone judge it differently depending on your own experience and If I were to say, I`d recommend sending your flight tickets, your chats etc etc....

Evidence for Petitions to Classify a Fiancé(e) as a K-1 Nonimmigrant In addition to the evidence described above, you must submit evidence of:

B. In-Person Meeting. Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) met in person during the 2-year period
immediately before you filed this petition. Evidence of this meeting may include, but is not limited to, a
written statement from you and/or your fiancé(e) stating the circumstances of your meeting, a copy of airline
tickets, passport pages, or other evidence. If you believe you qualify for an exception to the in-person meeting
requirement, submit evidence in support of the exception.

If you claim that the in-person meeting requirement would result in extreme hardship to you, submit evidence to
support your claim.
If you claim that the in-person meeting requirement would violate strict and long-established customs of
your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice, include evidence that any and all aspects of the traditional
arrangements have been or will be met in accordance with the custom or practice.

You need to read the OP first post talking about ongoing relationship evidence such as chat logs, etc...  This evidence is not required for the petition.  Never, never did I ever say you don't need to prove meeting face to face within the past two years

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

You need to read the OP first post talking about ongoing relationship evidence such as chat logs, etc...  This evidence is not required for the petition.  Never, never did I ever say you don't need to prove meeting face to face within the past two years

Thats why I said it makes it "sound like"...didnt say you said anything.

Anyways...

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I don't think it matters. What they're looking for is the communication and proof of a real relationship, not who took the screenshots.

unitedstates.gift4518.gifbelgium-flag.gif

Met Online March 3, 2016

Became a couple April 2, 2016

First trip to Belgium: June 28 - August 11, 2016

Second trip to Belgium: December 15, 2016 - March 11, 2017

K1

Sent in I-129F September 14, 2016

Visa received in hand April 6, 2017

I-129F to K1 in hand: 204 days (6 months 23 days)

Arrived into the US May 10, 2017

Married June 2, 2017!!

AOS

Sent AOS packet January 19, 2018

Greencard received in mail June 14, 2018

AOS to Greencard in hand: 146 days (4 months 26 days)  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.