Rantes

Can CSPA help soon to age-out I-130 petitioned son of LPR? Thank you...

52 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/13/2018 at 4:23 AM, Rantes said:

Hello everyone,

I wish to put the following for input on peoples previous experiences as well as advice. I am LPR, I petitioned for my child and received priority date of 09/19/17 (California Service Center), his date of birth is 04/04/98. The projections here <<https://www.***removed***/visa-bulletin-tracker/ (select F2A-MEXICO)>> look very terrible and by all accounts seem to predict he will age-out (turns 21 on 04/04/19). Although I cant understand why some advice on lawyers sites advice against becoming USC as quick as possible, my obvious plan is to in fact become USC as quick as possible and hope that CSPA can yield an age for him less than 21 years and make use of the priority date we received earlier in his favor (not to sure if I will need to re-apply for him by then). Unfortunately my wife and I married after he turned 18, so she cant do nothing for him - they say, I have come to admit. As far as projections go it goes like this (your input is welcome):

* Earliest I can become USC is 09/30/20.

* His approval date is estimated to be 03/19/19 <<https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/>>.

* His estimated visa bulletin current date is 08/28/19 (09/19/17 + 1 Yr 11 Mths 9 Days - see link for ***removed*** tracker link).

If I plug these values into the calculator <<https://www.***removed***/cspa-calculator.do>>, then he actually does have a chance. The only thing is, what must I do and when to make it happen? Thank you all.

I think you need to expedite for age out

Filed: Timeline
19 minutes ago, Rokarmy1023 said:

I think you need to expedite for age out

Expediting the case would not solve the problem.  The father will not be eligible for US citizenship before his son's 21st birthday.  Expediting before his 21st birthday still leaves him with a PD that would not be current with an LPR father.

Furthermore, what would a valid reason to expedite this case?

Edited by Jojo92122

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jojo92122 said:

Expediting the case would not solve the problem since the beneficiary would not a current PD before his 21st birthday with a USC parent.

Furthermore, what would a valid reason to expedite this case?

Yes im following too

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jojo92122 said:

Why did you suggest doing something that doesn't help?

That's my thought, i might also apply my daughter whose age is 19 this year, once i got to usa. What do you think about this?

Expedites only help with processing of the forms. The issue here is the PD. An expedite would not be beneficial.

While it won't impact this case since the child will age out anyway, an expedite can actually hurt in some cases due to CSPA only covering the period from petition filed to adjudicated. An expedite would adjudicate sooner, resulting in a shorter coverage period.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.