5 posts in this topic

My wife and I have been married for 4 years.  She is a citizen of Ukraine but was admitted into the USA under parole in place and we have a two year old daughter together.

My adjusted gross income on my tax 2017 tax return was $181,518, 2016 was $159,849, and 2015 was $136,648.  I filed joint returns on all 3 years.  She has work permit and social.  All of the income was mine.  But in 2018 I have started a consulting company and am now self employed.  I have a business account that I have set up that is half in her name showing deposit of $120,824 and gross income from my previous employer for the first two months of the year of $21895.00.  I also have an outstanding debt with the IRS of $30,000 that I am in a payment plan on.  Will I have any issues with being the sponsor on the affidavit of support.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You could, but when did you submit the affidavit of support?  Your issue is with your "current income" which, today, is $0 because business revenue is not income until it appears on a tax return.  The past is the past.  When using income to qualify, it's current income you need.  

If you submitted your affidavit of support when you filed the I-130 and I-485, then they may simply not ask for any financial update.  If they don't, no problem.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Synergyman70 said:

I submitted the affidavit of support in 2017 when we submitted the package it had my income from 2016.

They requested my most recent tax return when they sent the notice of interview.  

Terrific.  That tax return will show plenty of employment income.  It your circumstance, they are unlikely to ask any additional financial questions.  You would have stated "current income" as well and that does NOT come from a tax return, unless self employed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

~~moved to AOS from w,t, and s visas from IR1/CR1 process and procedures.  This would include AOS for parole in place individuals as well~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.